Bullying Attack Leaves Boy in Coma - No Charges Filed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Beating the bullies to death is sort of difficult when they are minors. Minor's brains aren't fully wired to understand consequence of their actions. Granted, this is just going to empower the bullies further, and twist their minds harder, so now they are the bullies that put a kid into a coma. Then that sticks to them and they grow up to be the jerks who put a kid in a coma once. Coma child gets held back a year, bullies get a couple days?

Maybe they could be held back for as long as the other kid is in a coma.

Or maybe being a victim runs in the coma child's family, which is why they aren't being sued. No, it's okay, you can have the college tuition, hospital bill collectors. We'll just be morally upright over here and sulk about what that family did to ruin our family.

I hope they sue.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

They are not thugs

Their are no charges because the parents did not press them. This could have happened to any one....
Thugs? COME ON THEY ARE 11 years old. They are just confused, maybe their parents beat them, they do not know how to handle the anger so they take it out on some one weaker, just like their parents might do. Maybe they watched a little to much TV, are pressured by other kids to be "cool" I grew up in a "rough" school. Fights broke out every day, for many reasons but most of the time they wear just taking out their frustrations on another person. Its not right but it is understandable, considering they are only 11 years old. They took the rap music a little to seriously because they wear young and did not know any better. Its all about reputation in school. In middle school its all about being the toughest,bad ass movie character you can be, because they know no better. Just another one of lifes lessons.

I have been in the same situation as this kid many times. The first week I was in 6 grade I got jumped by 8 kids, one of them beat my face in with a shoe. I had a broken nose and a fractured rib. 2 years latter these kids became mature teens and I became friends with them. I began to understand why they had done what they did to me. labeling these kids only causes more problems. They are not thugs, they are confused KIDS

If they wanted to put him in a coma and cause him seizures they would have done allot more then brake his nose. Maybe they should start teaching students how to deal with bullies. The school systems are twisted you can get punished for defending your self. (what kind of message is that sending?) You cant deal with bullies, by telling a teacher or ignoring them. You have to stand up for your self, no matter if it means getting jumped, remember its all about respect. Most the time the bullies is weak witch is why they are picking on weak kids, find that weakness and expose it. I learned this a little late because I had to figure it out on my own. Schools are not schools they do not teach you any thing to help you socially if any thing they teach the opposite like being punished for defending your self.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-2-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

You're right in that the kids are confused, however, they should know right from wrong, in this case, they should've known better to do what they did to the extent that they did it. I do blame the parents of these kids, mostly but you know, it's always easy to point the finger. I hope the best for the poor comatose child.

I'm guessing the parents aren't pressing charges in fear of retaliation from the attackers parents. There's alot of that in urban areas, families getting involved and threatening those that are pressing charges.

This whole thing is disgusting. If it were my child I'd do everything I could to make damn sure that those kids were punished. And the parents of those kids... I don't even want to go there now.
This is where our society is headed folks. smh
edit on 8-2-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by Infi8nity

You're right in that the kids are confused, however, they should know right from wrong, in this case, they should've known better to do what they did to the extent that they did it. I do blame the parents of these kids, mostly but you know, it's always easy to point the finger. I hope the best for the poor comatose child.

I'm guessing the parents aren't pressing charges in fear of retaliation from the attackers parents. There's alot of that in urban areas, families getting involved and threatening those that are pressing charges.

This whole thing is disgusting. If it were my child I'd do everything I could to make damn sure that those kids were punished. And the parents of those kids... I don't even want to go there now.
This is where our society is headed folks. smh
edit on 8-2-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

They know right from wrong, when I was a child I would do things that wear bad to get attention. In today's society wrong and right are a very thin line especially when dealing with children who have been subjected to brain washing TV, brain washing music, brain washing schools and brain washed parents. Maybe their is a solid reason they did not press charges. Such as the attackers parents truly are good parent's, they do not want to burden them, witch in turn could make the attackers family further stressed.I bet the attackers fell horrible, they are 11 and wear acting out of implosive emotions. We like to point blame and put a face on our fears so we can hide from them instead of facing the harsh reality. This is reality, kids have all way fought, accident have all ways happen.

It sickens me that this was in the news. The news is attacking 11 year olds. Instead of labeling them so we can throw them in the Govt prison system, educate people as to why children bully so that situations like this happen less.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Take away corporal punishment in schools and the kids run wild. Who'd a guessed this would ever happen.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I agree (and although we're not dealing with fully grown individuals), they are old enough
to know better! Next thing you know, they think they're privileged and they're doing the
same thing as adults (only they won't get a slap on the wrist then). Although there are
some cases where troubled, aggressive kids wound up in places for boys or girls (like
Hickey or Montrose, etc.) and their nutty behavior lasted into adulthood. I can't believe
they weren't charged as adults in this case. Unreal!
edit on 8-2-2013 by theorist29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Why isn't Michelle Obama by this kids bedside?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Octave

It's a mess. What the article said was the school had now turned over the case to the local police. No charges filed YET. YET. One can only hope...

It goes without saying that charges need to be filed. I think it also goes without saying that the kids responsible need to be stopped from being in a position to do this to other children.

If this means expelling them to protect the other kids, so be it.

I'm tired of people making excuses for criminal behavior. Yes, they are kids. But YES they knew they were doing wrong to gang up on, and beat up another kid. Unless they are utter morons, you better believe they absolutely knew they were doing something bad.

Now, it's society's turn to let them learn consequences. And it's too darn bad if those consequences are uncomfortable.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
no charges were filed because the kid has stupid parents. end of story.

as far as the school is concerned are they nukin futs? kids are getting suspended for fake guns and a group of kids put this kid in a freakin coma probably with brain damage and only 1 gets in trouble, should be freakin 3 months suspension for all involved, i got a week for fighting in 6th grade and i didnt even start the damn fight or throw first punch and it lasted all but 2 mins tops lol. that was over 20 years ago. wtf is wrong with this picture, the school, or either childrens parents?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I read a story a while back that blew me away. (It seemed far-fetched, but it was confirmed true)
A guy in California was bullied mercilessly by 4 older classmates when he was 7 and 8 yrs old. This was in the 1980s. They made his life a living hell. At age 15, he took up karate and became obsessed with it. He became quite deadly.

Twenty years later, he happened to be at some meeting\function at a convention center. He noticed the class that the bullies were from was having a reunion at an adjacent convention suite! He saw two of the bullies there, and beat the s**t out of them. Apparently, neither pressed charges.
Payback, twenty years later!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wow!! I can't believe some of you are making excuses for this sort of behavior!?!? I don't care how old they are!! You are not telling me that they don't know that when you kick the evelevvin s**t out of someone they could die as a result.

I guess that's ok though, we should all be relieved the kid in the coma didn't draw a gun or point a finger or else someone really could have gotten hurt!

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join