Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Bullying Attack Leaves Boy in Coma - No Charges Filed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
An 11 year old boy was attacked by gang of bullies at school.
ONE bully was suspended from school for two days.
The other bullies got no punishment. And .... NO CHARGES IN THE CASE.

Seriously? No charges? :shk: I'd be getting rid of the term 'bullies' and going to something more like .. THUGS .. because that is what these young people are. When the term 'bullies' is used, it is something that a lot of people brush off as kids just being kids. And that's not the case.

ABC .. Bullying Attack Leaves 11 Year Old In Coma

A Pennsylvania boy is currently in a medically induced coma after a schoolyard fight with classmates who he and his family claims were bullying him. Sixth-grader Baily O'Neil, an honors student, of Darby Township, Pa., was involved in a fight four weeks ago at the Darby Township School. He was struck several times in the face by another student; the blow fractured his nose and he fell to the ground.

His parents brought their son, who had a concussion, to the A.I. DuPont hospital in Wilmington, Del., where he was treated and released. But his father saw that something wasn't quite right with their son when they returned home. ....

Just a few days later, Bailey started having violent seizures and needed to be hospitalized again. The seizures were so bad that doctors at A.I. DuPont were forced to put Bailey in a medically induced coma nearly two weeks ago..

This happened in the Darby schools .. which are not too far from us (1/2 hour away). It's South West of philly. Built up city-ish area. But not inner city. The hospital mentioned is A.I Dupont Kids Hospital here in Wilmington, DE .. just around the corner from us. We have used them many times. They are a VERY good hospital.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
That's not bullying. That's assault.

To refer to it as bullying downplays the seriousness of the act.

Dont treat them like schoolyard bullies. Treat them as criminals who assaulted an individual resulting in bodily harm.

Calling it bullying is like saying punching your wife in the face over and over is a practical joke.
edit on 8-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I totally agree with ya'.
I don't understand why charges weren't filed. I get that these kids are 12 years old, but that doesn't matter. Ganging up on one person and assaulting him to the point that he's in a coma ... I mean comeon .... that screams for law enforcement to do something with the thugs who did that!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Actually, it's assault AND BATTERY. Assault is just being threatened. Being physically harmed is 'assault and battery.'

But you are correct, they are CRIMINALS, and they should be held accountable, and their PARENTS need to be addressed.
Sickening. My prayers go out to the family. How agonizing!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

All the parents of those thugs should be the ones paying for all the victim's hospital bills. Hit them in the wallet and they will rein in those monsters pretty damn quick.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If the bullies,thugs,predators(take your pick) would have had my little kitty toy guns on them they would have gotten in some serious trouble.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

To refer to it as bullying downplays the seriousness of the act.

Dont treat them like schoolyard bullies. Treat them as criminals who assaulted an individual resulting in bodily harm.

Calling it bullying is like saying punching your wife in the face over and over is a practical joke.
edit on 8-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

I couldn't have aid it better. I'm always boggled when actions that would get a grownup serious prison time are dismissed as "boys will be boys" for minors.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Forget the young age of the assailants, prosecute them and make an example of them. Too many young thugs know they can get away with such behavior because they are too young. The worrying thing is that so many young people are capable of such violence.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This boy is in a hospital that is 10 minutes from me. As much as I'd like to help them out or let them know people are thinking of them ... I won't go over and bother them. (I think that would be creepy) I'm just glad they are in the A I Dupont childrens hospital. It's an AWESOME hospital.

link   
I read about the poor boy when I got up early this morning....can hardly stop crying. I just hope with all my heart he recovers and has no permanent damage. His picture got to me...he looks a lot like one of my grandsons. I was bullied at school terribly for years and it is so stressful and upsetting and you never really forget it or get over it. It marks you for life. Those thugs that did this should be punished as adults.

Man, I hope the boy gets better. If I hear otherwise, it's gonna really be hard to bear...so much cruelty in the world anymore.

link   
Is it just me, or am I reading ridiculous things about American schools on a nearly daily basis (many of which I read on ATS)?

Arresting a kid for drawing on her table, calling the police for burping in gym class, etc., etc., now this.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It's a crazy thing that school kids can get into so much trouble for example drawing a picture of a gun or making a 'L' shaped paper one and being treated like a terrorist but putting a kid into a coma and all it is, is a stern word from the Head Teacher and 'run along boys and don't do it again' type of thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Everything is so backwards here. Absolute non-crimes are being punished to the maximum while real crime with real victims goes ignored.

It's like the virtual or the "thought" crime is more important to the system than any real crime.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
It's a crazy thing that school kids can get into so much trouble for example drawing a picture of a gun or making a 'L' shaped paper one and being treated like a terrorist but putting a kid into a coma and all it is, is a stern word from the Head Teacher and 'run along boys and don't do it again' type of thing.

I wonder what the racial breakdown is for the kids walking walking away from serious crimes and those that are being hammered for bizarre non-events?

Given our "media" and "government", I have a sneaking suspicion ......

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

Yeah, something tells me that the bullies have no father in their lives. You know, they're good kids but have it tough living in a single parent household and are just acting out.

ETA: My thoughts and prayers are also with the family. As a father I can sympathize. smh.
edit on 8-2-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Sometimes the 'bullies' (THUGS) do have parents in their lives, but the parents are too busy making excuses and not holding their kids responsible for the bad things they do. Example ... when my daughter was in 8th grade some of the 'mean girls' would get in trouble and, when the mothers came in the school, they yelled at the school for getting their kids in trouble rather than acknowledging the bad behavior of their daughters.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

sue them sue the crap out of these neglectful parent who were to lazy or to busy with themselves to raise their kids properly .

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

sue them sue the crap out of these neglectful parent who were to lazy or to busy with themselves to raise their kids properly .

I've never been convinced by the "blame the parents" mantra. I've seen kids from perfectly decent backgrounds go off the rails, and kids from the worst possible backgrounds turn out to be decent citizens. There's a whole lot more that goes into a kid's make up than what goes on at home.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

All the parents of those thugs should be the ones paying for all the victim's hospital bills. Hit them in the wallet and they will rein in those monsters pretty damn quick.

Normally I would disagree with this sort of statement. I believe we all make our own choices regardless of how we were raised. But after I hear these sorts of stories time and time again, I am beginning to agree with these sentiments.

For example, if someone raises a dog to be a vicious animal they should be held liable if that dog harms someone. If parents raise their kids to be vicious animals....they should be held liable.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Everything is so backwards here. Absolute non-crimes are being punished to the maximum while real crime with real victims goes ignored.

Man .. that's the truth! These thugs get off with an obvious crime .. others use this card or that card and get away with everything ... and yet some child throws a make believe invisible grenade while playing and he gets nailed. It's INSANITY.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join