It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Mistakenly Shot During Frantic LAPD Manhunt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by unfor54k3n
Question for you gun knowledgeable folks out there, i have lived in LA most of my life and i have NEVER seen police equipped with Silencer or Flash suppressors. Are these flash suppressor they are using? If they are silencers or flash suppressors that is pretty strange because i didn't think police could use them? Anyone know?

These are silencers or suppressors, they suppress sound.
Not to be confused with a flash suppressor which dissipates the muzzle flash of a weapon, only needed in night time or dark area firefights.
The only use for a suppressor would be for hostage type negotiations or the like where you may need to kill someone quietly.
In my opinion I see no need for these officers to have sound suppressors, very curious why they have them.
Nice catch there, just what are they hunting for or looking to do with those?
LAPD black ops anyone?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

Originally posted by g146541
These cops who played shoot em up at the ok corral are in deep doo doo.

If deep doo doo means that they will be suspended with pay and temporarily reassigned desk jobs, you might be right.

LAPD covers their own.

The only difference between the LAPD and the Grape Street Crips or MS-13 is the tax payer funding.

I hate that you are right about this angle, but maybe this is what has driven this officer over the edge.
These cops may want to get out of town as everybody knows their quality now, especially the "shooter".
If not in deep doo doo with the city, hopefully with the citizenry.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marrey
can anyone make this stuff end? i mean why police is behaving like this in every place of the world?? 15 years ago wasn't like this.

We the people can make it end.

But the requirement is that we stop believing in TV media, and that we become active in railroading our governments into a deadlock where they belong.

The reason it continues and increases all around us, is because the vast majority of people not only don't care about it, but they agree with increased tyranny for many various reasons.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I got a response in the other thread i posted this in, guess a gun expert proved them to be silencers and the exact make and model. Its pretty scary to see standard regular issue cops in LA now walking around this militarized with this type of weaponry since they are very trigger happy as of late.

heres his quoted info----

Originally posted by nottelling

Originally posted by unfor54k3n Question for you gun knowledgeable folks out there, i have lived in LA most of my life and i have NEVER seen police equipped with Silencer or Flash suppressors. Are these flash suppressor they are using? If they are silencers or flash suppressors that is pretty strange because i didn't think police could use them? Anyone know?
ooh.. someone's been getting shiny things from the DRMO's law enforcement program. They are military-issue SOPMOD M4 assault rifles with some aftermarket tacti-cool tosser stuff tacked on. Here's the SOPMOD kit: img.imtwelve.com... Here's some further info about the DoD's DRMO Law Enforcement program - www.dispositionservices.dla.mil... Militarizing your local law enforcement - one surplus-to-requirements firearm at a time. Good news for the criminals though - used to be an Olympic Arms semi-auto AR-15 carried by the police as a patrol rifle. Now it's a full-on military select-fire M4 carbine. Should be worth a pretty penny on LA's weapons black market. It makes LAPD officers and their vehicles nice, profitable targets for criminals to hit. Man, some agencies are staffed by freakin' idiots. Edit: the things hanging off the muzzle of the weapons are SOCOM flash/sound suppressors. The year 2001 called - they want their formerly state-of-the-art military weapon accessories back. Quite unfashionable.
edit on 9-2-2013 by nottelling because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2013 by nottelling because: Grammar
[/qoute]

Originally posted by nottelling

Originally posted by unfor54k3n
reply to post by nottelling

wowzers! thanks for the info, so thats where our hard earned tax dollars are going lol, jeez i didn't think an officer would need a silencer/flash suppressor for taking down criminals. When i think of silencers i think hit squads spec ops etc. Getting into an area to kill and move around quietly not your average officer doing a standard police take down.

I know. It's crazy.

Worst part is, these aren't SWAT cops, these are normal beat cops and these are their issued weapons. This I can tell from the lack of any real customization on the weapons. Plain jane stock and pistol grip, SOPMOD Block 2 (?) railed fore-end and I thought I saw a PMAG (which could have also come through DRMO).

No highly-trained surgically-precise full-time doorkickers there. These dudes in the photo are garden-variety beat cops. Poorly trained with such weapons and (as has been proven by two separate non-righteous shootings during this manhunt) they are frightened and panicky and armed to the teeth with military weaponry. Please, if you're in LA stay away from ALL cops. Don't even make eye contact with one.

This whole thing is a powder keg. Dorner needs to off himself if only to prevent more innocents being shot by frightened girlymen police.

edit on 9-2-2013 by nottelling because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2013 by unfor54k3n because: added the rest of the quote

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
I appeal to all, to Doner's family, relatives and friends, to advise him to surrender.

He is a cop and child killer. I know that one is innocent till proven guilty, but there are many valid reasons that laid the murders to him.

Surrender up, and face a fair trial as all americans have, an entitlement under the Constitution.

He may have greivences, and I do comprehend them, espacially for soldiers whom had served with honor, then joined the police forces.

It is a different culture, one from war where enemies are clearly define and heirachy often far more honest, then the civilian police group where the enemies are less defined in their everyday wear and commonalities, even within mis-managed govt depts with a culture of its own, grey areas, to pacify and serve all.

But there are legal avenues for one to report upon if the chain of command refuses or even interdict a whistleblower. Vengence and Killing another, more so innocent ones including those whom are doing their duty, is dead wrong. Once first blood is shed, there can be.....no turning back......on both sides.

If it is justice and the whistleblowing on the LAPD he wants, he can still surrender, just not in LA whereby he would be summararily shot and executed, or even in self serving DC. There are other states that he can depend on whereby no prejudice will be the course for those whom only seeks for honesty and integrity.

Precious humans had their lives snuffed out, and the price must be paid. There can be sympathy and compassion, but the killings must end, and it can only come from surrendering and redemption, and others will make sure that TRUE justice is served. This is America, not Iran or Russia whereby justice and rule of law are jokes by the rulers.

You might wonder why your post hasn't been starred by now. I came late
to this thread, and my apologies. There's another thread describeing some
of the back story on this naval officer gone rogue, and there are mixed
feelings from everyone on all but the methods of reprisal. I agree that the
alleged killings are completely unjustified and horrific-- but that last somewhat
airbrushed statement about justice left me a little confused. If this republic's
government recognized the rule of law we wouldn't be reading this stuff. From
where I'm sitting right now, about 35 miles due west of the Dirksen Building
as the crow flies, the rule of law went out the window generations ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

These are good words and I do not doubt your sincerity.

I wish the reality in which these circumstances find themselves matched the picture you painted.

No one is thrilled other humans are killed before their time. No one is excited this dude saw no other way to "fix" his problem.

He indeed broke the law. LAPD will kill this guy. He is already branded a gun toting, psycho ex-military, disgruntled employee, etc. What really happened will never surface in an unbiased format. There will be no national discussion as he is already a terrorist. The press is frothing at the mouth against Americans displaying any and all forms of citizens rights and responsibilities.

My question to all is what is a viable solution? How does one continue to follow the rules when those seeking your downfall do not? How long is a rational person supposed to tolerate this? Yes there are other ways than targeting your "problems" as this guy did but that was his decision. There were better ways but what are they?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
another reason why I dont like certain Californians. Some happen to be part of the LAPD, the most corrupt and vile Law enforcement in the country. They are mercenaries for criminals and the corrupt elect.

It is rotten through and through.

This guy should get everything he knows down and send it to every news paper and media outlet around the world.
Send physical copies to every person he can think of around the country under different names.

I would hide out in a very low income area. The sort of place the cops need to bring that sort of firepower anyways.

OR I would go underground and just wait a few months, then show case it all at once. OR get the hell out of Cali...

IF he has anything worth saying that is......

edit on 9-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Wow. Anybody who hasn't read the "manifesto," really ought to do so now.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
Puts a whole new perspective on "SHOOT FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER" I guess they could not be bothered with even identifying the logo...

Like someone else said -- it's starting to look a lot like the middle east. Shoot first, shoot last, shoot some more. After that -- What questions? We ain't got no stinkin' questions. Just drop a weapon by the bodies and walk away.

Want to bet the shooters were middle east vets?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by heyitsok

honestly, I believe every word of it.

Should he kill people´s families and their loved ones? Hell no. He shouldnt kill cops either.

I also dont know how someone in his position could feel.

This is a cluster F. The LAPD needs major intervention. Their corruption is at the heart of this. It is not that they didnt cover it all up well enough. It is that it is SO corrupt that it is dangerous to even attempt to cover it up at this point. They are a threat to stable society. LA has been in a crisis situation for years now. Can you imagine if NY never cleaned itself up after the whore house it was in the 70´s? NY would we a war zone. That is what we are seeing here.

This is not going to stop. They LA PD needs to be replaced ASAP, and MP´s or something need to be called in. Get officers from other states. Veterans, something.

The LAPD is a mess and this is a consequence. They go around with machine guns,wildly shooting at people instead of correcting the problem. They dont care if their society collapses around them in the process.

dangerous and irresponsible to say the least. People like this guy are then to be expected.

His manifesto was REALLY telling. He wasnt crazed or out of it. It was well written and honest, as well as dead serious.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by offmyrocker

My Guess.... the passenger was throwing papers, thus in preperation to throw a paper, had their paper and hand/arm outside the window.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Geez, from the photo on the first page I counted at least 45 bullet holes! Forty freaking five from two cops? You have got to be kidding me?! If there isn't a more serious probe by someone into this shooting and these two nitwits that call themselves cops somebody in the main stream media better start screaming! Two women and one of them an elderly woman? How much worse can they possibly make themselves look? This is absolutely outrageous and let us not forget that this was in a neighborhood with families everywhere! There is no way on Earth in this day and age that something like this should happen. Fire the cops, prosecute them under whatever laws apply, and make sure that they are never allowed to ever carry or fire a gun ever again! That and let the old lady wet hand slap each one of them once she recovers. And oh yeah, make the cops pay the medical bills also.

Truly disgusting behavior by the people that are supposed to be protecting us! Professionals? Laughable!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You need to read the Manifesto. It doesn't absolve this Guy, but it is enlightening.
Read it...
Page 3 under fellow member GogoVicMorrow www.myfoxla.com...

Then decide if you understand ....
edit on 9-2-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Idiot Cops kill innocent victim.
90% Cops these days are totally out of control.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It is just like a film!
They have to stop him. He knows to much.

So its a shoot on site.
And anyone else in the way.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Kinda like LA Confidential, eh?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What happens when someone fires back?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Homeland Security? Martial Law? 22million more rounds? The Wild Wild West! Hollywood is going to reap its violent whirlwind.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Here comes the spin from the LAPD.

Details emerge in LAPD's mistaken shooting of newspaper carriers

According to Chief Beck, this can all be chalked up to a mistake and he states:

...[the] victims of "a tragic misinterpretation" by officers working under "incredible tension,"

Attorneys for the mother and daughter have already stated that no verbal commands were given and no opportunity to surrender or at least identify themselves. Initial reports state there were up to 7 police officers firing without regard to the occupants in the vehicle, but also into houses nearby.

"How do you mistake two Hispanic women, one who is 71, for a large black male?" said Richard Goo, 62, who counted five bullet holes in the entryway to his house.

Chief Beck goes on explaining they were met with a barrage of not only one round of gunfire, but another as they tried to escape what obviously points to an ambush by the LAPD.

...the gunfire occurred in two bursts: The first came from an officer positioned down the block from the LAPD official's residence, and the second when Carranza accelerated away from the gunfire and toward other officers.

The above statement should be enough to show that no verbal commands were probably given and the officers initially just decided to "end it" by peppering the truck with round after round. Then, because they (the officers) didn't identify themselves, the ladies sought to get the heck out of there and sped right into the second ambush.....

Yet the chief believes that the officers were justified. That isn't justified; that is pis-poor training and obvious that they cannot operate under pressure as they expect to.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is an aspect of the Dorner story that I feel is lacking in MSM attention.I'm really glad we have blogs and sites like ATS talking about this.

I'll be the first to say, that shooting up two cars full of innocents while trying to catch someone who's killing your officers and their family members, who by the way, says that the main reason that he is taking such action is because of the brutality and corruption in their ranks doesn't look good for the LAPD. With the recent news about supposedly reopening Dorner's case even they know they have a problem even after whatever happens, happens with Dorner.

As a side note, I'm really glad all these Dorner threads are focusing on certain aspects of the event. The most important right now are the big thread, this one, and I think there are maybe a couple discussing the legitimacy of the "manifesto". Good job members and mods.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join