It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bombs in the Building: World Trade Center 'Conspiracy Theory' is a Conspiracy Fact

page: 40
13
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The History Channel has a show called Modern Marvels. This week one of the episodes is called "Demolition" which gives very detailed demonstrations of how demolitions work, using a heavy-steel constructed building as their demonstration building. It airs again on April 20th. Another episode on April 20th is called "Engineering Disasters" and the blurb says, "World Trade Center Building #7 wasn't attacked, but seven hours after the Twin Towers collapsed, it too is mysteriously reduced to a pile of rubble". Some useful information possible.




posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by openeyes
Some useful information possible.


I doubt it. I really wouldn't be surprised if they spent the whole episode on WTC7 talking about how crazy conspiracy theorists are. I don't know how on Earth they can get a 30 or 60 minute block out of what little data there is on WTC7's collapse.



posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Seriously when is this country going to wake up and put the pieces together.
Who ever was behind this left too much evidence that suggests it wasnt a terrorist strike.
The facts are there, people just have to listen closely and use common sense.
The video footage of these towers collapsing is evidence enough. The little bits and pieces just re-confirm it over and over.
Why did building 7 collapse? WTF the public are not this stupid..

The world is gradually leaning towards those sci-fi novels we read in school where government control is total, opinions dont exist, the people are cattle for the government. Wake up, your rights are slowly but surely being taken away.
I never dreamed that such a world would start to exist in my life time, but look how a carefully executed plan has got the ball rolling.
To ensure total control of the worlds population, they believe this is the right method. -- are we forgetting hitler? WW2... ambitions of a world that thinks the same. No argueing about opinions and equality.. No factions. No fighting. No freedom outside the ruleset created.

Of course the world population is at a critical level and decisions now will influence the future - but not like this. FFS bring back the ideals, opinions and goals from the 60s.

All were left with now is a mass population, media influencing the opinions, government controling the media like a puppet in accordance with a 'plan'.

FREEDOM THROUGH UNITY AND RESPECT. NOT THROUGH LIES.



posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorbidAngel2010
It was like if it was like a demolition or something.


Except for the fact that at the point of impact is where the towers started to collapse and then they collapsed down from there (as if the pressure from the collapse of the above floors somehow weakened the building). If it was a controlled explosion it would have started from the bottom and the weight of the building would have done the rest. As for any ideas that maybe the explosives were placed exactly where the planes would hit, the explosions from the planes hitting would have detonated it.



posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGC
If it was a controlled explosion it would have started from the bottom and the weight of the building would have done the rest.


Not necessarily. All demo jobs are different. There are a few typical patterns, but buildings have been blown from halfway up (people have even posted animations of an example of this) and down the middle, collapsing inward, and etc.

All they would have to do to get a top-down demolition would be to detonate the charges in the order necessary for that: floor by floor going downwards, or every few floors or however the charges would be needed.


As for any ideas that maybe the explosives were placed exactly where the planes would hit, the explosions from the planes hitting would have detonated it.


A simple solution to this problem would be to set the charges off from the damaged floors. This stuff could be set up on a computer today, and you could set the charges off from only a certain floor down if you wanted, I'm sure. This wouldn't be any more complicated than a pyrotechnics show, or what that guy who rigged his house with all of the crazy Christmas lights that followed along with that ELO or TSO song did (Google it). You would just trigger a signal to the charges instead of a flame or a light.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Do you have any idea how desperate to prove this was all a huge government plot to kill thousands of it's citizens you are sounding? I mean it has to be, right? We all know that terrorists are not dangerous. We know that they never tried to bring down the WTC before. We know that no one can hijack a plane. And we know that no one in Al Queda is intelligent enough to come up with a plan for coordinated attacks, let alone pull them off, by themselves. Put yourself in the place of the government super-geniuses you have planning this and please answer some things for me.

First: When are you planning on having these demolition experts rig the buildings? I assume at night and for many months in advance. It would have to be done at night because doing so in the day would alert people to the fact that you ar doing so. And for buildings of that size, and the complexity of the demolition you are talking about, you would have to have them working there for months.

Second: How are you going to hide all the work you are doing by night? Or are we saying that no American would think anything of miles of detonation cord going from pillar to pillar in their office building, support collums sliced, and explosive charges on pillars?

Third: How are you going to make sure that the building comes down when you want it to and not before (or after)? Have you ever seen how buildings are preped for demo? They are gutted so that all the walls and other items won't hinder the building from coming down or diflect it's path. Also, buildings scheduled to be demolished are very weak, due to massive structural weakening. The buildings wouls almost come down on their own. The reason they use explosives is so they can bring the whole building down at once with no one inside. If you are going to demo the WTC with people in it, you have to take all of the live loads (people) into account. If more weight is in an area than you counted on the building will fall prematurely. (or are you saying that everyone who died in the WTC attack was involved in the conspiracy?)

Lastly: how are you going to keep the thousands of people required to pull this off quiet? I mean, we all know that 2 people can keep a secret if one of them is dead. How are you keeping this secret? Also, as a side note, how are you going to find Americans willing to kill themselves to kill other Americans?



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGC
Do you have any idea how desperate to prove this was all a huge government plot to kill thousands of it's citizens you are sounding? I mean it has to be, right? We all know that terrorists are not dangerous. We know that they never tried to bring down the WTC before. We know that no one can hijack a plane. And we know that no one in Al Queda is intelligent enough to come up with a plan for coordinated attacks, let alone pull them off, by themselves. Put yourself in the place of the government super-geniuses you have planning this and please answer some things for me.

First: When are you planning on having these demolition experts rig the buildings? I assume at night and for many months in advance. It would have to be done at night because doing so in the day would alert people to the fact that you ar doing so. And for buildings of that size, and the complexity of the demolition you are talking about, you would have to have them working there for months.

Second: How are you going to hide all the work you are doing by night? Or are we saying that no American would think anything of miles of detonation cord going from pillar to pillar in their office building, support collums sliced, and explosive charges on pillars?

Third: How are you going to make sure that the building comes down when you want it to and not before (or after)? Have you ever seen how buildings are preped for demo? They are gutted so that all the walls and other items won't hinder the building from coming down or diflect it's path. Also, buildings scheduled to be demolished are very weak, due to massive structural weakening. The buildings wouls almost come down on their own. The reason they use explosives is so they can bring the whole building down at once with no one inside. If you are going to demo the WTC with people in it, you have to take all of the live loads (people) into account. If more weight is in an area than you counted on the building will fall prematurely. (or are you saying that everyone who died in the WTC attack was involved in the conspiracy?)

Lastly: how are you going to keep the thousands of people required to pull this off quiet? I mean, we all know that 2 people can keep a secret if one of them is dead. How are you keeping this secret? Also, as a side note, how are you going to find Americans willing to kill themselves to kill other Americans?


Good Points, all of them, and I couldn't agree more. Why did the buildings collapse? I don't know, call me crazy, but maybe because planes were flown into them, and after impact were too weak to stand.


Just my humble opinion.....think what you will though



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleGeneral
Good Points, all of them, and I couldn't agree more. Why did the buildings collapse? I don't know, call me crazy, but maybe because planes were flown into them, and after impact were too weak to stand.


Just my humble opinion.....think what you will though


I would have to agree. All of my engineering classes (including my structural mechanics classes) have led me to that possibility being very high (say #1) on the list of possibilities.

[edit on 4/26/2006 by SwitchbladeNGC]



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGCFirst: When are you planning on having these demolition experts rig the buildings? I assume at night and for many months in advance. It would have to be done at night because doing so in the day would alert people to the fact that you ar doing so. And for buildings of that size, and the complexity of the demolition you are talking about, you would have to have them working there for months.

It wouldn’t have to be done at night. Weren’t there a couple sets of floors that were evacuated in batches for security reasons on the weeks before 9/11? That makes sense, get to the floors that can access the main support structures and rig them with explosives while everyone working on those floors is outside. Are you an architect or demolition expert? If not I don’t think you can comment on the complexity of bringing down a building that size, especially if you know the building schematics and are in cahoots with a demolition company that was involved with its cleanup.


Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGCSecond: How are you going to hide all the work you are doing by night? Or are we saying that no American would think anything of miles of detonation cord going from pillar to pillar in their office building, support collums sliced, and explosive charges on pillars?

Again, wouldn’t have to be done at night. Let’s give these guys a little credit, whoever would do such a thing wouldn’t be some scruffy kid(s) not concerned about precision and concealment. So don’t expect there to be wires going every which way from where the explosives are. I also think you would need some sort of clearance to get to the core infrastructure inside these buildings, I don’t think they just stuffed them under the stairs in plain view.


Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGCThird: How are you going to make sure that the building comes down when you want it to and not before (or after)? Have you ever seen how buildings are preped for demo? They are gutted so that all the walls and other items won't hinder the building from coming down or diflect it's path. Also, buildings scheduled to be demolished are very weak, due to massive structural weakening. The buildings wouls almost come down on their own. The reason they use explosives is so they can bring the whole building down at once with no one inside. If you are going to demo the WTC with people in it, you have to take all of the live loads (people) into account. If more weight is in an area than you counted on the building will fall prematurely. (or are you saying that everyone who died in the WTC attack was involved in the conspiracy?)

I think that if they wanted to bring these buildings down on their footprint, they would do exactly that. Let’s consider the “live loads” as you call them, all those on the floors underneath the floors there were crashed into would obviously evacuate from the building. Besides, ‘people’ wouldn’t get in the way of tons of exploding and collapsing building fragments, they wouldn’t affect the way it falls either. There was no ‘for sure’ thing with these attacks, maybe that’s why a missile quite possibly was launched at the Pentagon instead of a plane hitting it. So please, don’t start talking about people causing pre-mature collapsing, it doesn’t even make sense really. And your sarcastic comment/question at the end is nothing but moronic and offensive, a question you know the answer to.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Really now, what does the U.S. Government have to gain by destroying 2 landmarks, attacking their own DoD Headquarters, and killing thousands of it's own citizens.


By the way, I will answer your questions on my lunch break when I have time to type a reply to all of that.

[edit on 4/26/2006 by SwitchbladeNGC]



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGC
Really now, what does the U.S. Government have to gain by destroying 2 landmarks, attacking their own DoD Headquarters, and killing thousands of it's own citizens.


By the way, I will answer your questions on my lunch break when I have time to type a reply to all of that.


They had PLENTY to gain. Look what's going on now with defense contracts, wire taps, oil, a new government department for Bush friendlys, the Patriot Act, the gold stored at the bottom on WTC, lets not forget the glut of finacial information contained on the computers in those buildings as well. It's barbaric, but understandable if you're trying to hide a money trail and squander billions in gold at the same time. Buildings are rebuilt, people are born, and life goes on. Too much coinsidental evidence and loose ends for me to believe the government right now, maybe as time goes on I'll change my mind but right now I'm not buying what they are selling us. I look forward to your replies, I'm at work too and know how it goes.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
The seismic record from Columbia University's observatory in Palisades, NY (21 miles away) provides indisputable proof that massive explosions brought down those towers. At the precise moment the South Tower began collapsing, a 2.1 earthquake registered on the seismograph. At the precise moment the North Tower began collapsing, a 2.3 earthquake registered; however, as the buildings started to crumble these waves disappeared. The two 'spikes'on the seismograph, which both occurred at the exact instants the collapses began, are twenty times the amplitude, or more than 100 times the force of the other waves.



How are you so sure that it occured at the precise moment? I have several clocks in my house and none of them are set to the exact same time (I even have some that are more than 10 seconds diffrence). Are you just taking the word of the creator of this article or did you actually think for yourself and do some research into it?



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGC
Are you just taking the word of the creator of this article or did you actually think for yourself and do some research into it?

Did you actually read this entire thread or are you jumping in and spouting off? This is a long thread but the information you are 'calling out' others on has already been debated ad nauseum on this thread and there's damned good evidence given earlier to conclude that the seismic data indicates a large explosion before each collapse.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What gets me about the government supporters is there avoidance and willy nilly reasoning of why building 7 collapsed,
I am of the belief that the flight that crashed / shot down over Pennsylvania was supposed to have hit building 7. just my opinion.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenVisage
Weren’t there a couple sets of floors that were evacuated in batches for security reasons on the weeks before 9/11? That makes sense, get to the floors that can access the main support structures and rig them with explosives while everyone working on those floors is outside.

The only place I have heard anything about floors being evacuated before 9/11 was from one location, which seemed to be a conspiracy theory site. Nothing from a credible source. If you will let me know where you found your information I would love to look it over and see if it was possible. But even if they did evacuate them, they would be cutting through drywall, cutting the supports, placing the explosives, running the wire, patching the hole, and re-painting. I would only see that as a possibility if it was a fairly decent sized crew (at least 15 people per floor), and the floors were entirely evacuated for the whole day.


Originally posted by BrokenVisage
Are you an architect or demolition expert? If not I don’t think you can comment on the complexity of bringing down a building that size, especially if you know the building schematics and are in cahoots with a demolition company that was involved with its cleanup.

No, I am not a Demolitions "expert" or an Architect. I am however a mechanical contractor, I went to an Engineering school (University of Alabama - Huntsville) for Mechanical Engineering (and after 9/11 my engineering classes studied extensively why the towers fell and not one person came up with "controlled demolition" for the reason.) Also, I know how controlled demolition occurs, and even if I didn't, common sence tells me that it would be rather complex, and very time consuming, to bring down 2 of the world's largest buildings on top of their footprints on purpose.


Originally posted by BrokenVisage
So don’t expect there to be wires going every which way from where the explosives are. I also think you would need some sort of clearance to get to the core infrastructure inside these buildings, I don’t think they just stuffed them under the stairs in plain view.

I wasn't really expecting they would, but to hide them you would have to go through the steps listed above in this post.


Originally posted by BrokenVisage
Let’s consider the “live loads” as you call them, all those on the floors underneath the floors there were crashed into would obviously evacuate from the building. Besides, ‘people’ wouldn’t get in the way of tons of exploding and collapsing building fragments, they wouldn’t affect the way it falls either. [...] So please, don’t start talking about people causing pre-mature collapsing, it doesn’t even make sense really.

The live loads wouldn't get in the way, it is the walls that would do that. As for the people, do you know anything about building Demolition? when preparing a building for demolition, ALL of the supports are cut and explosives added to them. The cutting of the supports makes the building very weak, so only the bare minimum required personel are allowed in the building. The building is no longer capable of supporting even 20% of what it was designed to support to begin with.


Originally posted by BrokenVisage
There was no ‘for sure’ thing with these attacks, maybe that’s why a missile quite possibly was launched at the Pentagon instead of a plane hitting it.

The Pentagon is a completely diffrent topic with many threads dedicated to it so I won't discuss it here, but feel free to put a link in to one of those threads and we can discuss it there.


Originally posted by BrokenVisage
And your sarcastic comment/question at the end is nothing but moronic and offensive, a question you know the answer to.

I don't see it as any more offensive than saying that those people's own government thought so little of them that they would freely murder them all for nothing more than petty reasons.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenVisage
They had PLENTY to gain. Look what's going on now with defense contracts, wire taps, oil, a new government department for Bush friendlys, the Patriot Act, the gold stored at the bottom on WTC, lets not forget the glut of finacial information contained on the computers in those buildings as well. It's barbaric, but understandable if you're trying to hide a money trail and squander billions in gold at the same time. Buildings are rebuilt, people are born, and life goes on. Too much coinsidental evidence and loose ends for me to believe the government right now, maybe as time goes on I'll change my mind but right now I'm not buying what they are selling us. I look forward to your replies, I'm at work too and know how it goes.



Any war will increase Defence contracts, wire taps were used well before even Bush became president, "oil" - any war in the proper location will allow you to get oil (but I have to say it doesn;t seem to be helping, only hurting since oil prices continue to rise and the war destroyed oil fields and refineries), Why does Bush neet to kill thousands to give his friendlies positions he is the president for crying out loud, The Patriot Act had many other terrorist acts it could have used to get passed without 9/11 and the Oklahoma City Bomming would have been better than 9/11 since it was done by a U.S. Citizen.

As for the gold, is it missing? Also, there are plenty of ways to steal the gold that don't require bringing a building down on top of it (which looks like it would make it slightly harder to steal). Besides, Fort Knox has more, why not attack there?

And as for the financial info, the proper virus would have destroyed that without any loos of life.


Now, lets consider two other things (for now)...

1) If it isever proven that the government was involved in that it is treason, a federal crime punishable by death. Do you really think that the hundreds of people that would have to be involved in this would really want to take that risk, especially since it would only take 1 whistleblower that makes a deal to spare his life if he tells on everyone else? I sure don't. I seriously doubt there are that many people that stupid that know eachother, and could still pull it off.

2) Finding people to do this is another problem. What happens if you ask someone to betray their country and kill thousands of fellow Americans and they say no? then you have a problem, they know what you are planning to do. You have to kill them... I wonder how many people died before the towers were even hit to plan this conspiracy?



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Sorry for so many posts in a row here, but this is the only time I really get for longer posts (Lunch break) and several of my previous posts were nearing the character limit.


Originally posted by Sauron
What gets me about the government supporters is there avoidance and willy nilly reasoning of why building 7 collapsed,
I am of the belief that the flight that crashed / shot down over Pennsylvania was supposed to have hit building 7. just my opinion.


I actually started a thread on Building 7 (for the purpose of getting KNOWN FACTS instead of everyones opinions) but the mods decided to close it because there was another one about WTC 7 (which I didn't find when doing a search). Anyway, post a link to a WTC 7 thread (as this is about "bombs" in the buildings specifically) and I will comment there to the best of my ability. In fact there is a lot I want to say about that topic.

As for your belief about the other flight. The most humorous thing I have seen is people who claim the government was responcable for 9/11 also claiming that the flight was shot down. If you are using the crashes as a cover to destroy buildings and kill thousands of people, why would you blow your cover out of the sky?



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The seismic data has been debated elsewhere. The claim that the data indicates massive explosions before the building’s collapsed has pretty much been debunked.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGC
1) If it isever proven that the government was involved in that it is treason, a federal crime punishable by death. Do you really think that the hundreds of people that would have to be involved in this would really want to take that risk, especially since it would only take 1 whistleblower that makes a deal to spare his life if he tells on everyone else? I sure don't. I seriously doubt there are that many people that stupid that know eachother, and could still pull it off.

I agree it’s a pretty large risk to take being involved with a conspiracy like this. But try to understand that the key public figures in office would probably have no direct link to any of it and the worse they would probably face would be not properly reacting to having prior knowledge, which in and of itself is almost as bad but there are ways to spin-dry that like information not being credible. I don’t think there needs to be “hundreds” of people involved in a conspiracy like this though, many people would need to plan it and carry out the task, but people like the agents who confiscated the security tapes from places around the Pentagon are just following orders, they aren’t involved knowingly they’re just doing their job. I think this is the case with many facets of the 9/11 attacks; people being told by superiors how they want things done and the people at the bottom doing the work follow orders.


Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGC
2) Finding people to do this is another problem. What happens if you ask someone to betray their country and kill thousands of fellow Americans and they say no? then you have a problem, they know what you are planning to do. You have to kill them... I wonder how many people died before the towers were even hit to plan this conspiracy?

Well I do believe terrorists did hijack the planes and crash them into the towers in the name of Allah, so finding Al-Qaeda people to sacrifice themselves when there are hundreds of them strapping bombs to their chest to blow up a hotel lobby isn’t too hard of a task. Like I mentioned above, I don’t believe anyone who wasn’t deeply involved was asked to betray their country. Without getting into an Illuminati type of agenda here, I believe that something like this was already in the minds of government officials at least since the Oklahoma City bombings. None of us can know what is happening at the top level of intelligence, but any kind of security breach by someone other then those at the top wouldn’t have enough information to blow any whistle, and if one of those who really were deeply involved took a morale stance and came out, it would surely implicate themselves as well (self-preservation would likely prevent them from doing so).

Here’s what we do know: Operation Northwood’s was drawn up by military personal as a pre-text to invade Cuba and shot down by Kennedy (who was shot down himself shortly there after). It was recently revealed that FDR knew at least 3 days in advance that Pearl Harbor was going to be attacked preemptively by the Japanese. The 12+ surveillance videos of the Oklahoma City bombing still haven’t been released. And it looks like we have to wait a couple more decades to get into the national archives and find out who killed Kennedy. Too much deception in the past to believe they weren’t capable of hatching 9/11. Maybe the fact that it sounds so far-fetched to the average person is the greatest weapon these people have in keeping clean. J. Edgar Hoover had a great quote to mirror this and said “The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists" and he ran the FBI. So, you draw your own conclusions and I’ll draw mine. Hopefully someday we can meet in the middle but I doubt it.


[edit on 26-4-2006 by BrokenVisage]



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I hope, if I ever get time for a post (or more likely several posts due to the character limit), to go through each of the points on Loose Change and comment on all of them. I have a good idea as to what to say for most of the points but I would like to hit everything in one fail swoop. Maybe I can convince some of you to look into things closer and do so without bias (or at least realize that you have a bias and take it into account). It is human nature to disregard information that does not fit our preconcieved notions of something, you have to actually try to take things into account if it doesn't fit.



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

log in

join