some "Findus" lasagnes were found to contain 100% horsemeat

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Hi

Jesus whats goin on with all the horsemeat bs.. I dont even know what to say.. 100% horsemeat?

Im not familiar with this brand at all,but Im sure some atsers have had it.. So how did 100% horsemeat taste?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Food retailers have been told to carry out tests on all processed beef products after some Findus lasagnes were found to contain 100% horsemeat.

The Food Standards Agency (FSA), which ordered the UK tests, said it was "highly likely" criminal activity was to blame for the contamination.

Highly likely criminal activity was involved.

Catherine Brown, the FSA's chief executive, told the BBC: "I have to say that that the two cases of gross contamination that we see here indicates that it is highly likely there has been criminal and fraudulent activity involved.

"We are demanding that food businesses conduct authenticity tests on all beef products, such as beef burgers, meatballs and lasagne, and provide the results to the FSA. The tests will be for the presence of significant levels of horsemeat."

The agency has asked for test results by next Friday
edit on 8-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Yeah Findus is a swedish brand, i have had them.. once. Since they tasted crap i didn´t buy them again, since we have competng brands (like dafgårds, karins lasagne, yummy) that taste way better, probably because they have genuine beef mince instead of horse# in their recipe.
edit on 8-2-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by goou111

probably because they have genuine beef mince instead of horse# in their recipe.

We hope they use genuine beef.. How can we be sure anything is genuine beef anymore?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Yak! As if I've ate horse...

It doesn't surprise me they actually done it, I am surprised, however, that these products made it through the border and standard food checks...

God knows what else we eat.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
and here's another thread about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by goou111

Yeah Findus is a swedish brand, i have had them.. once. Since they tasted crap i didn´t buy them again, since we have competng brands (like dafgårds, karins lasagne, yummy) that taste way better, probably because they have genuine beef mince instead of horse# in their recipe.

yep but these were made in france (so it said on the news all morning)

and they say its criminals doing this and not the company/branded names (100% horse meat)

what next human dna found in ?????????????????????
edit on 8/2/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
and here's another thread about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

oops my bad... mods please delete

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I can understand peoples anger at being mis-led, but, horsemeat is actually delicious and healthy, so long as it is free from certain vetinary drugs

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
People should learn to make their own food, not eat these ready meal crap, my kids have never eaten a frozen lasagne im glad to say. They look disgusting, and the meat content looks sparse. Makes you wonder how much money these companies make, when i can cook a huge lasagne for four people with ground steak for about £1 50.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
People should learn to make their own food, not eat these ready meal crap, my kids have never eaten a frozen lasagne im glad to say. They look disgusting, and the meat content looks sparse. Makes you wonder how much money these companies make, when i can cook a huge lasagne for four people with ground steak for about £1 50.

Yeah but you need a wife for that

In todays society, more and more people are single(for life) and it is no wonder with what the current society has made to younger women(values corrupted by facebook, twitter, mobile phones/sms, hollywood etc etc)

So these kind of meals are gaining ground, and are quite popular nowadays(sadly)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
How the hell can this happen???

The only similarity Horses and Cows have is that they both have 4 legs for gods sake. This is obviously deliberate! Its not like one poor horse somehow fell into the mincer!

Findus obviously new the score!

There bawbag company should be liquidated IMHO!

edit on 8-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Thread already here

: )

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I don't believe that for a second.
Thats just pure BS.

Maybe you could have 15 yers ago.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link