It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Ice Writings

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Tibetan cry for freedom.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I agree; it looks like oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ. According to Wikipedia, the Zang looks like this:

ༀ་མ་ཎི་པད་མེ་ཧཱུྃ.

I don't read the script but it looks close enough.

How exactly did it get there, though, and how did they write it?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
Could this possibly be part of some kind of religious ritual? Or maybe a work of art.... sort of like what this is: Biggest human land sculpture in the U.K.

There are a few artists out there who transform landscapes by sculpting/drawing into them. This could be something similar.

Hee hee - I have to say - silly Brits, those look quite a bit like Madonna bras. Are they really covering the countryside and giving lots of mountains nipples? That's so funny - I love it

theres a cave covered with bushes to the left

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Sorry dude but the signs need to be in the sky not viewed from the sky. Who had accesss to view earth from the sky when the bible was written? Did they remote see us in the future where we have aeroplanes? NOT.

Did Jesus also turn water into wine?
Nope!

Anyways, OP - Good find here. I obviously have no idea what it says, but every tid-bit of information is interesting even if it turns out to be nothing.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Very cool post.

While I have no explanation for the script you found, I think I may understand the reasons for all of the circles. I've drawn much smaller circles at the shooting range...

After retrieving my target paper I circle my bullet holes, then send the target back down range. This way I easily know what holes were already there upon the next retrieve after firing another magazine down range. This is especially vital in knowing when I missed the paper altogether...or in this case...when ordinance malfunctioned and didn't explode as it was supposed to or landed somewhere off the targeted coordinates.

They are likely circling their bomb tests for the same reason. This is why many of them have a center, just like my bullet holes are always the center of my own circles. It's an educated guess, but feasible IMO.

It could also be the target itself. They draw a thousand yard in diameter circle and aim for the center, now they can quickly identify with a satellite image how far of center the test was to it's targeted coordinate as well as quickly ascertain the crater size that was created.

The ones with multiple craters are probably cluster bomb tests.

Again cool thread. Back to reading it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Khedwulf

Well I like this video and I agree that the Chinese symbols are very unusual but could easily be ancient text. Consider the fact that off the coast of China there is a Triangle like the one in Bermuda. Down under the ocean there under Japan, there is a huge Pyramid. I know you have probably seen this on the history channel, but that just makes me want to reconsider the question: Why or how would anyone build a pyramid under the ocean? I think this planet has been inhabited by intelligent life for 10s of thousands of years. These writings could easily be from another of the many advanced societies that I believe have thrived and then perished as great spans of time have passed.

As for the circles around Area 51. That's easy: drive a stake into the ground, tie a piece of rope to it and walk outwards to the full length of the rope. It acts like a giant math compass. They probably draw these for target practice at Area 51. This base is where all of the genius people go to design their dreams and the government wants to make use of these designs to advance our defenses. DARPA belts out new stuff every day

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I did a little work in paint. Then a little research on the web and came up with this. Maybe it will help? I'm pretty sure it is a Buddhist Mantra

I found some pictures that look like the writings. Check them out... Buddh ist Mantras

edit on 10-2-2013 by NoWoolCoat because: tried to change picture size

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The circles seem odd. If the buildings at the centres of the circles are radar stations, perhaps the circles mark the safe perimeter for exposure. Even small marine radars aren't always on and are always turned off in populated areas like harbours or docks.

A short article on radar safety :

www.sailnet.com...

QV.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join