It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Ice Writings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I was recently watching a youtube video, and saw something interesting. In the video the person zooms into an area in China on Google Earth where there is apparent strange writings in the Ice.

Here is the video where the writings are displayed

To further investigate, I tediously repeatedly followed the video, while simultaneously attempting to reach the same destination myself on Google Earth. It was a long arduous task, but I found it.

Here is a screen shot picture

Here is zoomed in pictures of the writings

And lastly here is the coordinates of the location on Google Earth.

I am just curious if anyone knows what the strange writings are, and if any of you look up the location for yourself, make sure that when you reach the destination that you change the historical imagery slider to 3/29/2005
edit on 8-2-2013 by Khedwulf because: Correct some errors

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Khedwulf

Nice find! If you rotate the image upside down, it looks a lot like Tibetan or Sanskrit, but I am unable to decipher the letters clearly. The 'chandra-bindu' or the 'U' with a dot inside is commonly used in Sanskirt. So is the slanting upward stroke for adding vowels to a consonant.

- Skido

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
For the last few days I've been thinking about a Bible verse describing that we would see signs in the skies near the end of days or Judgment Day or whatever it is you want to call it.

I deeply believe it talks about 'us seeing the signs while we're in the skies either by airplanes or satellites. Signs like crop circles and maybe even this as well? I don't know. It's 3am and this is going to be a bad post so. I believe people should be open to the idea that the verse doesn't literally mean seeing skies 'in the sky'. Just some food for thought, although I may be wrong.
edit on 8-2-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by skido

Darn I was hoping it would be some undefinable never before seen language. Thank you for the informative input. How much of it can you discern?
edit on 8-2-2013 by Khedwulf because: Needed to remove, and add some stuff.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

i wonder what the size of the writing is,and if its snowing much there who ever is writing it would have to clear the snow unless its being sprayed with a dye or something
edit on 8-2-2013 by darknewt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
If you'll pardon the pun.
Cool find

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Also you might want to have anyone trying to verify this in Google Earth to turn on the historical imagery too. looks like its from an image within 2006 - 2007 time frame.

Morpheus

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by skido

Nice find! If you rotate the image upside down, it looks a lot like Tibetan or Sanskrit, but I am unable to decipher the letters clearly. The 'chandra-bindu' or the 'U' with a dot inside is commonly used in Sanskirt. So is the slanting upward stroke for adding vowels to a consonant.

- Skido

This was my thought as well. Good eye.

Unfortunately I don't read sanskrit. Hopefully we have someone around here who does

The google earth guys have been known to put funny little "easter eggs" in their images, so maybe that's what this is. Hard to say.

Regarding OP's disappointment that he wished this to be an unknown language-- some ancient languages did resemble each other-- either distantly, or very closely. A trained linguist or an observant eye can draw certain parallels between hebrew, arabic, and even older scripts-- even though they're not the same.

Unknown / little-known languages fascinate me, also. This does look very much like a language from the region of India / Tibet, though......

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Cool Thread. Obviously I can't read whatever it is but my first impression was it looks like math problems of some sort lol

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by darknewt

i wonder what the size of the writing is,and if its snowing much there who ever is writing it would have to clear the snow unless its being sprayed with a dye or something
edit on 8-2-2013 by darknewt because: (no reason given)

You can get an idea of the immense size of the writings if you look at the first photo I posted. There is a road on the left side of the photo with a small ant sized vehicle on it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Really interesting find!

Have you seen this? Do you guys think this is some kind of glitch? Doesn't look natural to me

edit on 8-2-2013 by Danowski because: screwed up the pic

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
fascinating thread - i will follow with interest S & F

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

What if people are stranded there and this is their call for help!!

Poor people.....Huge writing and no help until 6 years later!!

Oh well, hopefully it is ancient writing from aliens or a sign from god and not people dead and frozen there because nobody saw this earlier....

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Sorry dude but the signs need to be in the sky not viewed from the sky. Who had accesss to view earth from the sky when the bible was written? Did they remote see us in the future where we have aeroplanes? NOT.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The google earth people are very pranky.
This to me seems like one of their pranks.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Sorry dude but the signs need to be in the sky not viewed from the sky. Who had accesss to view earth from the sky when the bible was written? Did they remote see us in the future where we have aeroplanes? NOT.

I dont know anything about the bible predictions, but about 650 sites from circa 200 BC... of huge glyphs from just ONE civilization that can ONLY be seen from the sky? Id say your "NOT" was a little hasty.

Just one example from one ancient civilization :
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Wow great thread and findings .. Maybe the Chinese are trying to build their own particle colliders and those we have seen are all failed colliders?

The road into the water, I think if I use my imagination , You build a waterproof bus. In that bus goes personnel , like top scientists and guards ( this bus is huge) than the bus drives into the water and filled with water.
So you drive your personnel underwater to this underwater sealed elevator .

The bus drives over this elevator . After the bus is over the elevator it docked with the elevator and the personnel goes in the elevator to sub leveled underground facilities that are not to be entered only with this vehicle.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
Wow great thread and findings .. Maybe the Chinese are trying to build their own particle colliders and those we have seen are all failed colliders?

The road into the water, I think if I use my imagination , You build a waterproof bus. In that bus goes personnel , like top scientists and guards ( this bus is huge) than the bus drives into the water and filled with water.
So you drive your personnel underwater to this underwater sealed elevator .

The bus drives over this elevator . After the bus is over the elevator it docked with the elevator and the personnel goes in the elevator to sub leveled underground facilities that are not to be entered only with this vehicle.

Did you reply to the wrong thread because I'm not understanding how this fits in with the OP lol!

On topic- this is amazing! Could there bave been a festival or holiday on or around the time the imagery was done?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
looks like sanskrit or thai or something like this. definetly no kanji

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Could this possibly be part of some kind of religious ritual? Or maybe a work of art.... sort of like what this is: Biggest human land sculpture in the U.K.

There are a few artists out there who transform landscapes by sculpting/drawing into them. This could be something similar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join