It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology countermeasures~ "Imagining a Drone-Proof City"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Did a search, saw nothing, perhaps it isn't being discussed.

Or, I may have overlooked it?

Either way, this is one of those articles I had to share. Perhaps this will become a thing of reality in the near future, with targeted killings of domestic "American al-Qaeda"...

War games on the next level any one?

Now if only DARPA would bite and take my bait...

"Architecture against drones is not just a science-fiction scenario but a contemporary imperative,"
writes Asher J. Kohn.

Kohn, an American law student and editor of The Tuqay, a website covering "Central Asia and its hinterlands," has recently put forth a theoretical proposal for a city built to passively shield its residents against this ultramodern tool of warfare -- a drone-deflecting city.

Imagining a Drone-Proof City Sarah Goodyear Feb 06, 2013

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Its a good idea, however it needs active defense as well.

The QR code is a pretty bad idea, drones probably do not read qr codes and even if they did once this was implemented the drones could simply be stopped from reading any qr codes.

Something like scrambling signals or creating a fake signal causing it to crash would be better.

Without active defense they will simply take out the entire community if the worst comes to worst. They kill innocents in other countries why will here be any different? Can't track and kill one person? just bomb the entire place.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ironic that this "shura" and all of its architectural elements are arabic.

We're not at war with Islam though.
Nuh uh.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I agree with this concept. Should we create a secondary civilian aviation authority that can use a type of radar or series of powerful cameras to detect certain types exhaust or other visible signatures of UAV (from rc model size and up, but filter out signatures that can represent manned craft such as jet liners or charter craft due to size and exhaust type)? It would be neat if this information could be publicly published on a live website. Like a Google maps type viewing for our local skies utilizing the feedback of whatever type of radar or temperature scanners under the management of a civilian, preferably private or 401c management.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Now that obama has authorized drone strikes on americans involved with terrorists, domestic redeployments of military drones to police forces, and google drones over head.

How does every one feel about drone proofing their neighborhoods, or at least homes?

This is an issue which isnt going away, it will be the future. What measures will be required to ensure our privacy?

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Perhaps now with recent evolution of drones and the technology behind them, we will see more active countermeasures installed for future conflicts. Much like Ukraine, drones will be an advantage for who uses them.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Can't believe this has not gained more interest.

Shame, maybe it's just not interesting enough....

Oh well, bumped because I think it's relevant.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well ahead of the times, and still able to call it as I see.
Which is usually years in advance. Can't say we didn't try and warn people.

NYPD to deploy drones to monitor Labor Day weekend gatherings, raising civil liberties concerns
By Mark Morales, CNN
Published 2:31 PM EDT, Sat September 2, 2023

Drone Proof Cities needed

top topics

join