It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 Things That Will Happen Before the Universe Ends

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This article from KSL is so awesome, it deserves to be read in it's entirety. But here are the key highlights. To get the specifics for each event - I highly recommend reading the entire article.

Predicting the future is a difficult task because the effects of one event impact and change events that lie beyond it. But some things in our universe follow such precise laws of behavior that scientists, knowing how they behave, can make certain predictions of the future, at least on a broad scale.

Not only do scientists have the ability to predict the extreme future of the universe, they have actually sat down and done it, charting the universe’s course for the next 3x1043 years.

In 25,000 years, the Arecibo Message, which is a packet of data transmitted by radio signal in November 1974, reaches its destination, the globular cluster Messier 13.

In 50,000 years, assuming that the Arecibo Message is received by intelligent beings in the Messier 13 cluster, and they send a message back, their message will then be received on Earth.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sun Feb 10 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Interseting stuff, I'm glad, according to the information, I will be long gone, and forgotten. However, a million years, wow, I'd think our sun would snuff us out way before then. If not, a rogue asteroid that comes in that was undected would kill us off. In science, all of what they are saying is an educated guess. For space anyway. That's if we haven't nuked, or killed each other off for our religions...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Anywhere from 1 trillion to 100 trillion years from now, the formation of new stars ends as galaxies deplete the gas clouds that are necessary to form new stars, according to Fred C. Adams, professor of physics at the University of Michigan. This marks what astrophysicists call the Degenerate Era. With no remaining free hydrogen to form new stars, all remaining stars will slowly exhaust their fuel and die.

...and then the Universe implodes in on itself and starts all over

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by CeeRZ

Anywhere from 1 trillion to 100 trillion years from now, the formation of new stars ends as galaxies deplete the gas clouds that are necessary to form new stars, according to Fred C. Adams, professor of physics at the University of Michigan. This marks what astrophysicists call the Degenerate Era. With no remaining free hydrogen to form new stars, all remaining stars will slowly exhaust their fuel and die.

...and then the Universe implodes in on itself and starts all over

Like i was saying.... In my post....

Second....

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Haha exactly. Makes you wonder how many times the universe may have re created itself.... Wow... Now THAT is a mind bending thought

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Wikipedia has even better summary: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well, I feel very insignificant now. Thanks a lot.

But seriously, engrossing stuff - thanks for the post. S & F.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
There is another possibility that I believe will happen.

When the sun undergoes it's red giant phase, it will expand and thaw Europa's ice covering, providing enough external heat to allow for multi-cellular organisms.

And perhaps the same will happen on Titan and Enceladus.

And as much as i hate the idea, I agree with the big freeze theory. It's depressing to think that in the end there will be nothing, just a big empty space.

S&F, BTW.

edit on 8-2-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: swamp gas

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
-What if UFOs are ancient humans "satellite" or "rovers" falling/returning to earth after collecting information?

-What if Mercury, Venus were once earth like, and Mars, Jupiter, Saturn etc are future "Earths"?

-What if the entire galaxy is an atom of a living thing/object, with electrons(planets) circling the protons(Suns)?

-What if there is a black hole parallel to the sun in another universe, slowly sucking in protons to give our sun energy and Vice versa from our black holes to parallel suns?

-What if Trix are not really for Kids?

Obviously, the above questions disregards our current understandings.
edit on 2/8/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
that was...depressing. i've thought about this since i was a kid... so weird to think everything will be forgotten in time.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
S&F I really enjoyed reading that

Just wish that I had been born 50-100 million years later than the 1980’s so I could have witnessed mankind colonising the stars.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This was sooooo cool to read. It's really interesting to see the time perspective on this even though it's quite sad that I won't get to see the advancements here on Earth. I truly believe however that our Sun, our Earth is much much older than they think.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
In 100 years time, we will look back at our predictions and laugh at how silly we were.

Seems to happen throughout history.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Really makes you wonder what the point of it all is.

Even our greatest historical figures will be forgotten, our planet will probably get destroyed and every trace of us left on Earth will be gone.

Yet we squander our one precious chance at life chasing a commodity that makes our life miserable; money.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
Interseting stuff, I'm glad, according to the information, I will be long gone, and forgotten. However, a million years, wow, I'd think our sun would snuff us out way before then. If not, a rogue asteroid that comes in that was undected would kill us off. In science, all of what they are saying is an educated guess. For space anyway. That's if we haven't nuked, or killed each other off for our religions...

Greed and desire for power will be the downfall of mankind. Religion can be a part of this but it is not really necessary.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

So the average lifespan of a universe is about 100 trillion years?
edit on 8-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wow! Interesting at least.

Is it wrong that i feel like i'l be missing out on all this?

Thanks for the post

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Wow that's very interesting, thank you for posting!

I wonder when the Technological Singularity will happen though. Maybe the super intelligent singularity and what ever it spawns will help us find other safe planets to live on!

Or maybe it will destroy us and move on by itself? Either way, we are in for a heck of a ride!
edit on 8-2-2013 by Jeedawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
In 100 years time, we will look back at our predictions and laugh at how silly we were.

Seems to happen throughout history.
Not these predictions, the first one isn't going to happen for 25,000 years. 100 years from now I doubt these will be much different.

Originally posted by CeeRZ
In anywhere from 5 million to 50 million years from now, even traveling at sublight speeds, humanity could colonize the entire galaxy.
This is related to the Fermi Paradox....if there are other intelligent life forms out there in our galaxy, and it only takes this amount of time to colonize the entire galaxy...then where are they? The galaxy is billions of years old so they should be everywhere by now. But we don't see them.

We might just possibly be the first to do it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
S&F I really enjoyed reading that

Just wish that I had been born 50-100 million years later than the 1980’s so I could have witnessed mankind colonising the stars.

You probably will be there!! We are most likely multi-dimensional beings, so I hear. So we were there in the past, we're here now in the present and we will be there in whatever form we need to be in order to live in the future! I'd like to think that this cycle will go on for eternity... but I guess we'll never really know until Prime Creator decides to show us in the afterlife? Then when we are sent to the so called future world, we will forget again what we were taught and what human lives we held! I agree that I hope to live through a colonizing of space too!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join