It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I obey the law?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

No, I didn't. Maybe I should have. But experience has taught me that no one cares what some teenaged goth girl says.

I agree that we have it better than many people in the world, but as a result, the wrongdoings our government and police do to us is generally overlooked. Also, they aren't quite as "forceful" with their tyranny as they are stealthy.

North Korea has tyranny problems just like we do. Entirely different ones. But government problems, nonetheless.

And look at those people. They worship their government.

Just like half of the people in my country.

And, before you go off about personal attacks--YOU said I was whining over first world problems. THAT sounds a lot more like a personal attack than anything we've said.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

And look at those people. They worship their government.

Out of fear.

And, before you go off about personal attacks--YOU said I was whining over first world problems. THAT sounds a lot more like a personal attack than anything we've said.

I said whinging

And I said it sounds like, not that you were.

You need to learn what a personal attack actually is.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

We've got one of the most powerful governments in the world. You don't think our people fear it?

Suggesting that I'm whining about first world problems, implying that I'm whining over petty nonsense, is an insult.

I've never trusted ANY big establishment. Never will.

Our government is frightening. They have their fingers in everyone's business, pulling strings in their direction.

That's why I don't like em.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Your xenophobia is noted.

xen·o·pho·bi·a
[zen-uh-foh-bee-uh, zee-nuh-] Show IPA
noun
an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange.

Hatred? no. Fear?
Definitely not.

How about just plain old fashioned...bah, never mind, you wouldn't get it anyway.

And your intention with the label is also noted.

Just make sure that you pay attention to each and every single law passed this year. It's all for the greater good, right?

Jude11

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

We've got one of the most powerful governments in the world. You don't think our people fear it?

Suggesting that I'm whining about first world problems, implying that I'm whining over petty nonsense, is an insult.

Our government is frightening. They have their fingers in everyone's business, pulling strings in their direction.

I think the whole thread is petty nonsense, it has no point. If you don't like the situation, move to another country, Otherwise deal with it and enjoy what you're lucky enough to have.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Obey the law or lose your freedom, that's the world we live in, it's mostly for our benefit.

Just because you came across some bad police doesn't mean all police are like that, it's unfair to judge them all based on that. Not giving police respect when they've done nothing wrong will only negatively affect you.

Did you just tell me to, "obey the restriction of freedom or lose your freedom"?

Wow. I used to not believe in mind control, but now I'm not so sure.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I think the whole thread is petty nonsense, it has no point. If you don't like the situation, move to another country, Otherwise deal with it and enjoy what you're lucky enough to have.

The only petty nonsense is your "Let's bend over and take it!" attitude.

Of course I enjoy being an American.

I don't enjoy being abused by people who CLAIM to be our servers and protectors.

Moving to another country won't get you away from tyranny. Every nation has this problem, in some form or another. I bet you've never even so much as been in a fight at school, have you?

You sound like a sheep.

None of us deserve to suffer just because the wealthy elite can ride their bikes with no handlebars.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Every single law ever written regardless of its perceived necessity is in direct violation to the constitution. If you think I am going to take you serious when you tell me, "Nah ah restrictions of freedom(laws) protect freedom", then you are obviously delusional and you do not hear yourself.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

When you dismiss what I say, because I don't live there, what other reason is there other than irrational fear or hatred?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Every single law ever written regardless of its perceived necessity is in direct violation to the constitution. If you think I am going to take you serious when you tell me, "Nah ah restrictions of freedom(laws) protect freedom", then you are obviously delusional and you do not hear yourself.

Right on.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by jude11

When you dismiss what I say, because I don't live there, what other reason is there other than irrational fear or hatred?

Lack of knowledge and first hand experience to state just a few.

It's not the geographical location...just the assumption of knowing more than those experiencing it first hand. If I were to tell you that you are being ridiculous in your stance against your Govt., how can I justify knowing more than you?

I can't.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Obey the law or lose your freedom, that's the world we live in, it's mostly for our benefit.

Just because you came across some bad police doesn't mean all police are like that, it's unfair to judge them all based on that. Not giving police respect when they've done nothing wrong will only negatively affect you.

Did you just tell me to, "obey the restriction of freedom or lose your freedom"?

That's how it is, are you saying it isn't? How can you argue with that, it's obviously how it works.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

The only petty nonsense is your "Let's bend over and take it!" attitude.

Of course I enjoy being an American.

I don't enjoy being abused by people who CLAIM to be our servers and protectors.

Moving to another country won't get you away from tyranny. Every nation has this problem, in some form or another. I bet you've never even so much as been in a fight at school, have you?

You sound like a sheep.

None of us deserve to suffer just because the wealthy elite can ride their bikes with no handlebars.

Continue your pointless whining then, put up with it or move to a country that has more freedom that America.

How do I sound like a sheep? I've only explained how it works, that's being observant. I live in a country where I have no problem with lack of freedom, I'm protected by laws and I'm happy with it.

At the end of the day this is very pointless, my point will be proven when nothing changes for the better.
edit on 8-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

That's how it is, are you saying it isn't? How can you argue with that, it's obviously how it works.

You're only free if you don't obey the law because a law is a restriction of freedom. So by choosing to be free, yes they can throw you in jail.
edit on 8-2-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

You're only free if you don't obey the law because a law is a restriction of freedom. So by choosing to be free, yes they can throw you in jail.

So do you think people should be able to do whatever they want without consequence? You don't have a grasp on how the world works do you...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

So do you think people should be able to do whatever they want without consequence? You don't have a grasp on how the world works do you...

Yes I do. Survival of the fittest. Natural selection. Government hypocrisy. Yeah I understand the world very well. Do you?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Yes I do. Survival of the fittest. Natural selection. Government hypocrisy. Yeah I understand the world very well. Do you?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

reply to post by SpearMint

Continue your pointless whining then, put up with it or move to a country that has more freedom that America.

How do I sound like a sheep? I've only explained how it works, that's being observant. I live in a country where I have no problem with lack of freedom, I'm protected by laws and I'm happy with it.

At the end of the day this is very pointless, my point will be proven when nothing changes for the better.

Are you serious?

Don't dismiss it as whining. You haven't experienced what I have (or anything, for that matter), so you're merely forcing your ignorant assumptions about "Giving up freedom to protect freedom" like all you dumb sheep believe on me.

You are a sheltered, ignorant sheep. Stating "how it is" is NOT what you're doing.

You're throwing close minded assumptions out there, and saying over and over that you're happy living with restricted freedoms, then you have the nerve to ask "How do I sound like a sheep?"

Go to an alternative school and get your ass kicked by all the delinquents, AND the cops in the school.

Get some perspective. You're a child.

Grow up,
edit on 8-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

"You haven't experienced what I have (or anything, for that matter)"

"You're throwing close minded assumptions out there"

Haha.

If you had half the experience you claim to have, you wouldn't have the clueless perspective that you display here. You claim I'm ignorant but you can't get any more ignorant that making assumptions about my life, you don't have a clue. Besides, it's people like you that need rules, guidance and control more than anyone so you don't accidentally drown yourself in the shower. If you think removing laws would make life better then you are delusional and need to experience the real world.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

reply to post by SpearMint

Are you serious?

Don't dismiss it as whining. You haven't experienced what I have (or anything, for that matter), so you're merely forcing your ignorant assumptions about "Giving up freedom to protect freedom" like all you dumb sheep believe on me.

You are a sheltered, ignorant sheep. Stating "how it is" is NOT what you're doing.

You're throwing close minded assumptions out there, and saying over and over that you're happy living with restricted freedoms, then you have the nerve to ask "How do I sound like a sheep?"

Go to an alternative school and get your ass kicked by all the delinquents, AND the cops in the school.

Get some perspective. You're a child.

Grow up,
edit on 8-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

"You haven't experienced what I have (or anything, for that matter)"

"You're throwing close minded assumptions out there"

Haha.

If you had half the experience you claim to have, you wouldn't have the clueless perspective that you display here. You claim I'm ignorant but you can't get any more ignorant that making assumptions about my life, you don't have a clue. Besides, it's people like you that need rules, guidance and control more than anyone so you don't accidentally drown yourself in the shower. If you think removing laws would make life better then you are delusional and need to experience the real world.

Aw, you're cute.

What I said wasn't an assumption. It was an observation. Anyone with any kind of experience with law enforcement wouldn't say that they're fine letting the government walk all over them.

In no way is my perspective clueless. Have you reviewed what you've typed here? Yet another oxymoron you present.

What's the solution to every day problems? Oh, I know! More laws! Idiotic brainwash.

I never said that laws are unneeded. I said NUMEROUS times that they ARE needed.

The unneeded ones that stomp on our constitutional rights are the ones I give no respect.

I've never gone out of my way to hurt anyone. I've never attacked anyone. I've never done anything that calls for "rules and guidance." That's why I don't appreciate it being forced upon me.

There's no reason for the majority of the laws passed. That's my point.

I never said I wanted anarchy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join