It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I obey the law?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I am dead serious.

You can call me childish, call me every name in the book, heard it before, don't give a damn.

This is a serious question.

I didn't vote for any of the laws passed, especially before I was old enough to have any control over the rules I was forced to follow. I've only been old enough to vote for a year, not that voting for president in particular really makes a difference. We all know how that racket goes.

Damn near everything required for any independent living is illegal.

[snip]

What's the point in buying land for independent living if they can just take it away from you?

I've been hit by police at my old schools--hell, I've even been run over by a police officer once. And he drove off. Nothing ever happened to him.

And you know what? To this day, I give police no respect, because they don't deserve it. Not until I get an apology. I despise police.

I've met very few decent ones, and that's in general conversation. I have no idea what they're like in action.

I grew up breaking the law. Why? Because it's all I had. I had a broken family and some crooked cousins, who taught me alternative means of "getting my way."

Jay walking, loitering, skipping school, things like that. Nothing too horrible.

Now tell me this.

Why is it okay for police to break the law?

Because the powers pass laws that make THEIR crimes legal.

If they can do as they please, so can I.

You can call me whatever you want, or try to explain how I need to be "put in my place" or whatever. It's all good, I understand some of you will. But, I'm never gonna change. The rebellious side of me got me through ALL my life when there was nothing else, and I will never change.

Man's law is NOT my God.

Nor will it ever be.

Look at the cops in this video.

Police Brutality Footage

These people are more trustworthy with guns than us?

I'm not saying ALL police officers and military officials are bad, but they won't be worshiped by me.

I think it's a little messed up that tyrants have more right with guns than we do.

They have a right to jump someone if they want to. They have the right to take other people's things, but if we do anything like that, it's "assault" or "theft."

Not saying I want to mug people and rob stores, just making a point.

The very LEAST I can do to have a little control over my life is rebel against some of the laws that I don't agree with.

And I will. Always.

Vaccines are mandatory in many work environments. Never mind that it will kill you.

Alcohol and cigs are legal, even though they are far more toxic than weed.

Many chemicals are put in our water.

We have GMO food, with little more to choose from.

And we can't have a well or a farm in most of our residential areas. Why?

It's illegal.

We can't steer away from our ravaged lifestyle without breaking the rules, at least a little bit. Everything is a battle. Everything is a trap for us.

If I believe a law is unjust, I will not follow it.

Some laws are needed, yes.

But some laws are wrongful, invasive, unconstitutional, and flat-out tyrannical. Those are the ones I won't be paying mind to.

You will NOT take me.

Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.

And tyranny is in power! WAKE UP!
edit on 8-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You are not alone.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
because it's no fun to be cellmates with a guy who thinks he's God when CNN refers to him as "Bowling Bag Bob"?
edit on 8-2-2013 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Its because you choose to live within a society that has rules determined by that society as a whole. You may not agree with them but the majority does so part of being included in society is that you must follow these laws.

If you do not like them you have ways to change them, get enough people together to elect people, or yourself, and re-write them. That is how our system works.

You also are free to move somewhere that allows you to make your own laws and rules though you will not have the security that a society gives you and you will be on your own.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Obey the law or lose your freedom, that's the world we live in, it's mostly for our benefit.

Just because you came across some bad police doesn't mean all police are like that, it's unfair to judge them all based on that. Not giving police respect when they've done nothing wrong will only negatively affect you.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Obey the law or lose your freedom

That's quite the oxymoron.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Obey the law or lose your freedom, that's the world we live in, it's mostly for our benefit.

Just because you came across some bad police doesn't mean all police are like that, it's unfair to judge them all based on that. Not giving police respect when they've done nothing wrong will only negatively affect you.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

This makes no sense whatsoever and plays into the hands of the lawmakers. By obeying unjust laws, you are forfeiting your freedom willingly instead of having it taken away from you which is also happening each and every single day...by creating more laws.

Subservience is the law now.

Peace

edit on 8-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

How so? Laws aren't necessarily related to freedom except for the fact that they restrict freedom to a good level (in free countries). If you break them you lose your freedom, and by freedom I mean the freedom we have now, which laws do not restrict, so it wasn't an oxymoron.
edit on 8-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

If you want to live lawlessly, then so must everyone else.

Including the rapists and murderers etc.

Reckon you can handle yourself in a lawless society?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

How so? Laws aren't necessarily related to freedom.

Laws created from a desire to control a minority are exactly related to freedom.

Peace

link   

Obeying laws that contradict our freedoms is an oxymoron.

link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Freedom ain't free it costs a buck o five.

link   

Originally posted by jude11

Laws created from a desire to control a minority are exactly related to freedom.

Peace

They take away your freedom to kill and rape. Is that a bad thing?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

No idea.

I never said I wanted a lawless society. But it would be nice if our society wasn't run by tyrants who pass ten new laws at the drop of a hat.

That's the kind of government I don't want to follow.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Go to the extreme much?

Laws are one thing. Control is another. And ownership of people is quite another. That's what you get when you allow any law to pass without asking the populace if it is beneficial to their society or just to the 1%.

edit on 8-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

link   
Conform or die!
Speaking of which, in before the thread closure.
T&C and all.

link   

That's not freedom, it's power. Killing/raping is taking away someone else's freedom. Taking away a freedom isn't itself a freedom. In that regard, that law is good; I sense the OP is talking about laws that aren't in place to prevent you from taking freedom, but rather to take freedom itself.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

The military is allowed to kill and rape. But not us. Not saying we SHOULD kill and rape, but don't you see the irony in this? I said some laws ARE needed, these included.

But banning assault rifles, for instance, is not going to stop psychos from killing.

Laws like that are an unneeded breach of our freedoms, and they inch us closer and closer to a police state.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

That's not freedom, it's power. Killing/raping is taking away someone else's freedom. Taking away a freedom isn't itself a freedom. In that regard, that law is good; I sense the OP is talking about laws that aren't in place to prevent you from taking freedom, but rather to take freedom itself.

Being able to kill or rape who ever we want is still a freedom.

Freedom is "the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint".

Killing and raping is a freedom. Not one we should have.
edit on 8-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join