It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-year old genius invents fast and cheap way to detect cancer.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
He may be charging $3.00

As soon as the government or Doctors get a hold of it, it probably cost from $500 to $1000 dollars.

You watch.

And Medicade won't cover it.

Don't worry Manhater, the USA will sell it to other countries for much much cheaper so their citizens don't have to pay so much. That's why I buy my expensive prescriptions from Canada. Same packaging, same pill, same manufacturer, but $487.00/month in the USA costs me $85.00 from Canada. Easy Peasy!

On topic, this is great news, especially since it will be more and more dificult to get into a doctors office. And many doctors don't test for problems upon the 1st or even 2nd complaint. If cancer, or specific cancers run in your family, it is better to be more aware and alert to possible problems. A home test would be great to save time and money.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Better question is , if a 15 year old can do this so easy what have the 100s of scientist with billions of dollars been doing for the last .................how many years now?? Ya I know, looking for a cure not a tast....................ya right.

This boy has not been corrupted yet, he came from nowhere, you can bet you will never hear of him again.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The real story I see here, which is growing with the younger generations, is critical thinking. Things are the way they are for a reason, but so many older folks just accept things the way they are.

We do things the way we do them because that's what we did yesterday. We were creatures of habit. All of this information overload we have access to now is starting to wake people up and question everything. Why is a very useful question these days.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It just show how the top scientist instantly reject new ideas.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Amazing!

I for one love this new invention because these cancers run high in my family, and being from a poor background, i'd be glad to have such an inexpensive procedure.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If it cant tell between malignant and benign tumors then it is worthless.

I thought everyone generates micro benign tumors which are reabsorbed.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This will be yet another in a long line of "miracle" cures/devices/inventions that get swept under the rug and never heard from again. Just like that machine that turns refuse into light crude oil, the device that makes cheap electricity, uncountable cancer and other disease cures, etc.

There is no money to be made with a cure or detection (versus selling expensive treatments that prolong your life just enough to drain your finances), and overpopulation is a problem already without people living longer, so guess what that means

edit on 9-2-2013 by Blazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
What annoys me is that out of 200 professors he wrote to, only one was positive and then only lukewarm!

Others even bothered to try to demolish his logic.

But for that one professor and the kid's determination to prove to him that he had something, this discovery might still be a secret with the result that millions of people would die unnecessarily.

That is the arrogance of science.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
they probably knew how to detect it but didnt cause then they couldnt make money

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Watch the video his test targets a specific protein that lung, pancreatic and ovarian cancer throws off at exceedingly high levels. But could not be detected before he came up with his antibody nano-tube circuit theroy. Which was tested and proved.

It is accurate 100% I believe he said. He doesn't just find a bump and call it cancer.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by madjourno
What annoys me is that out of 200 professors he wrote to, only one was positive and then only lukewarm!

Others even bothered to try to demolish his logic.

But for that one professor and the kid's determination to prove to him that he had something, this discovery might still be a secret with the result that millions of people would die unnecessarily.

That is the arrogance of science.

Isn´t it always like this though? Even on this site (ATS), for every potentially interesting thread, people from all over the place flock like locusts to try to debunk it, payed or not, and often they succeed in dampening the interest level to such a low amount that the thread eventually dies.

This boy didn´t give up though, he had the determination to see his discovery through to the end.

Winners don´t give up, and certiainly do not let themselves get dissuaded by the mainstream shills(like in this case, 199 of the 200 professors), as that is always the sure-fire way to fail.
edit on 9-2-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

The key to preventing cancer is still more important than detection...

An alkaline diet high in Nitrilosides and adequate Iodine is the key to prevention.

edit on 9/2/13 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Let's hope this kid doesn't get whacked by big pharma.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
where does one buy this kit?

i searched for over half hour now trying all kinds of searches and cant find this cheap kit. didnt really know what to call it so maybe one of you can find it. cant find anything about manufacturing the kit, distribution or anything like that so......

there are a ton of inventions that could save the world on the books, unfortunately thats where they will stay because big manufactures bought up the rights and will sit on it till what ever product they are trying to swindle is no longer useful or viable. if he doesnt sell it /sell out. he will have a heart attack at 19.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
If it cant tell between malignant and benign tumors then it is worthless.

I thought everyone generates micro benign tumors which are reabsorbed.

A benign tumor can become malignant. Everyone should be aware of what's going on with(in) their own body. The more we can know about our own bodies, the less dependant we are to rely on an outsider. A heads up under any circumstances is a heads up.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
HoooooooRAH! Another way to "identify" cancer patients (VICTIMS!).

So now instead of going to a Dr to get a scary story that convinces you that you need cancer-inducing drugs&treatmetns in the lie that the drugs & treatments are better than things like nutrition and common sense.

As "a fool and his money are soon parted" ... so are a fool and their health in addition to their money (agenda 21).

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
where does one buy this kit?

i searched for over half hour now trying all kinds of searches and cant find this cheap kit. didnt really know what to call it so maybe one of you can find it. cant find anything about manufacturing the kit, distribution or anything like that so......

there are a ton of inventions that could save the world on the books, unfortunately thats where they will stay because big manufactures bought up the rights and will sit on it till what ever product they are trying to swindle is no longer useful or viable. if he doesnt sell it /sell out. he will have a heart attack at 19.

I can sell you one for a few bucks. Of course it produces 1/100 false positives (more than the cancer rate - hmmm do ya think that you want cancer treatments and drugs even if you don't have exploading mal-nurshied parts of your body?).

seer.cancer.gov...: It is estimated that 1,638,910 men and women (848,170 men and 790,740 women) will be diagnosed with and 577,190 men and women will die of cancer of all sites in 2012.
The overall 5-year relative survival for 2002-2008 from 18 SEER geographic areas was 65.4%
Based on rates from 2007-2009, 41.24% of men and women born today will be diagnosed with cancer of all sites at some time during their lifetime.

So 65% survival * 41% affected = 21% killed by cancer drugs and treatments. Why doesn't anyone wonder if the cure really is worse than the disease? Its surly becoming more popular than the disease, with more deadly effect. Of course NOBODY dares say THAT with a real person username.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just the same as all these remarkable people

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Lets just hope he doesn't get whacked by you know who.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure think the medicinal/pharmaceutical industry wont be too happy about this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join