Washington State Prepares to Take on TSA

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Washington State Prepares to Take on TSA

www.examiner.com

HB 1454, The Washington State Freedom Of Travel Act, uses clear and commonsense language to point out the illegal activities which the TSA is already carrying out on a regular basis and sets penalties for violations within the state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
apps.leg.wa.gov

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, maybe not the state, yet, but a Rep., Jason Overstreet is the primary sponsor of the bill. Seems it's off to a good start hope it can catch on in the state, and even to other states. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. This as well as the fact that Seattle police are ending the unmanned drone program hopefully will set an example.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I hope unlike Texas they don't suffer from some horrendous natural disasters. Because more and more and more states need to put their foot down and do this as well. May they succeed.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I would love to see a fire being set to finally get rid of the TSA and hopefully this catches on.

I don't really care about the drone issue since its already in use with helicopter surveillance.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The backscatter Xray machine the TSA uses up there is the worst in the nation.

Washington now has to deal with all the people who are deathly ill from those illegal radiation machines.

There's a reason the rest of the world BANNED those machines. States now have a large percentage of its citizens with very dire health issues from the TSA.

Young kids and girls....its horrific up there. Their going to need many more Pacific Islanders and illegal immigrants brought in to replace the lost working population.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Just bring a copy of the constitution and hand it out to anyone that will take it. Free of charge of course.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

F-ing A colin, F-ing A.

This is fantastic. Well it is good to see that some people still have common sense and the public good in mind. Legality should be paramount to the elected......

Awesome.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I thought using the TSA in an airport was voluntary.

The airport could choose TSA or hire their own security?

Has that changed?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just found it.

You can opt out of TSA with their approval...
.....but not their regulation....

blog.tsa.gov...

Any commercial airport can apply to TSA’s Screening Partnership Program (SPP), which has been around since the inception of TSA. After approval from TSA and a competitive bidding process, SPP allows airports to transition to private screeners while maintaining TSA oversight and the corresponding increased level of security implemented since 9/11. So… if an airport applies and is accepted into the SPP program, they receive the same screening from a private company instead of TSA officers. That’s the only difference. All commercial airports are regulated by TSA whether the actual screening is performed by TSA or private companies. So TSA’s policies – including advanced imaging technology and pat downs – are in place at all domestic airports.

If you’ve flown out of one of these airports, you’ve experienced privatized screening from an SPP airport. Charles M. Schulz-Sonoma County Airport (STS); Dawson Community Airport (GDV); Frank Wiley Field (MLS); Greater Rochester International (ROC); Havre City County Airport (HVR); Jackson Hole (JAC); Joe Foss Field (FSD); Kansas City International (MCI); Key West International Airport (EYW); L.M. Clayton Airport (OLF); Lewistown Municipal Airport (LWT); Roswell International Air Center (ROW); San Francisco International (SFO); Sidney Richland Regional (SDY); Tupelo Regional (TUP); Wokal Field (GGW)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Illegal search and seizures ?

K*** M* A** , TSA !!!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Here is some interesting food for thought, the TSA annual budget is 8.1 billion dollars. What does that 8.1 billion buy us exactly? I don't seem to remember the TSA ever catching one terrorist? Not a good return on investment.

As Jim White notes, the chances of a terrorism on a plane are about one in forty million. The chances of being struck by lightning, as Nate Silver points out, are one in five hundred thousand. And, as I noted yesterday, airline terrorism rates haven’t particularly gone down since we started spending billions on airline security. All this adds up to the fact that the TSA gets almost $8 billion dollars of taxpayer money annually and it does nothing which has made us safer. Over a ten year period, that’s $80 billion. That’s enough money to expand Medicare, say, or perhaps enough that if put into a dedicated fund, it would ally Joe Lieberman’s ridiculous fears that a public option would have to be bailed out.

Source

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The TSA, IMHO, has always been the most assinine idea/agency of them all! I still say, you can x-ray us all, turn us inside out, do cavity searches and more and guess what...flying will still NOT be safe...because the plane IS the weapon. With all that fuel sloshing around in it...all's is needed is some faction with remote control technology and all those other safety measures are a moot point/waste of time and should be illegal, to boot.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The idea is definitely good but the language of this specific bill leaves holes you could drive a semi-truck thru. This is a non-law that will be of no use.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I wish the law/bill, whatever, had merit as it is needed!

Another thing about the TSA that is farcical...those gloves they wear. You can be sure they wear the same gloves all day and do not change them after each crotch grabbing search. That can actually be a good way for a person up to no good to pass some kind of biological to all passengers after his grope. I have never seen a video yet that showed those goons changing gloves. Any manner of germs can be getting passed around.

They don't do backround checks on them? Reports have been coming in relevant to thefts and damage to possessions of passengers as well as outright persversions...a few cases of women being accosted and assualted and so on. The TSA scenario is all about the "fear factor" and control and intimidation. Feeling "safe" after going through the TSA line..what a crock.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Thanks OP, sent a request for support to all 3 of my representatives.

Khar

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I've never seen TSA at a train station, yet. I hope I never do because I quit riding planes because of them.

I take a liquid medication for pain. The 3 oz. limit for liquids in hand-carry means I can't carry the bottle with me. I had per-measured doses with a copy of the prescription. TSA dumped it out telling me the liquid couldn't be verified. This was just a part of the 45 minutes they held and questioned me. The flashlight I carry on my key-ring came back in pieces without its single AAA battery. Anything that could be take apart was completely taken apart (pens, mechanical pencils, eyeglass cases, Kleenex pack, coin pouch, etc.)

I'll admit my appearance trips at least a dozen profiles, so I now take the train. Much nicer people on trains...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The question is. Would you rather get groped by some 300 pound junior high school educated burger snacker or have your testes irradiated with atoms and more atoms? And then more atoms. The answer is clear. Think about it. Fight the good fight Washington.

new topics
top topics

join