Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

ATS is not IPad friendly.......!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have a love/hate relationship with this forum in trying to see what is posted or not as the case may be!
I won't go into details but I use my iPad a lot for looking at sites and general but this place is getting on my wick as I can't see my messages, have to log in a lot when I leave and at other times it is ok but most of the time it isn't .
Then when I want to place a link to some place or another to post , then I have to go on a roundabout way to get it on here instead of the usual way. I can't just click and copy the link as there is none but anyway, I can put up with that I suppose.
Would also be great if we could get a message telling us when someone has replied to a post we had made or a private message as well. If not checked it is possible it can be missed completely .
Anyways, rant over, back to tapping the screen

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

There is a tab in your inbox that lists all replies to you.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I have the same problem, that's why I don't have any real threads, yet.

Well I mean I get my messages.... But as far as posting links in all.... Bleh!

All I have to work with is this lovely iPad.

iPads aren't as great as they are made out to be.

I just smile and nod, and post a yay!

Be well
Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-
edit on 7-2-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

I'll just say I'm not computer savvy at all. When I can post a link, but I don't know how to post quotes from my link, and if ya try and explain it to me, I just get a glaze over my eyes and don't understand.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Once SO gets around to finishing the ATS redesign, the site will function just as good on Ipad as it does on PC.

Patience is key. Ipads are finicky beings and I would suggest downloading the Chrome or Firefox browsers from the App store, they tend to do better.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
hmm, I spend the vast majority of my time on ATS with Android. Works well, no issues.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well the login issue is to do with cookies, have you got cookies disabled? If not then maybe there's a problem saving cookies to the iPad. I assume you're using the default Safari browser, try using Google Chrome from the app store.

What exactly is the link problem? I don't understand.

Hopefully the redesign is fully responsive.
edit on 7-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ask anyone here...

The IPad isn't ATS friendly...

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Well the login issue is to do with cookies, have you got cookies disabled? If not then maybe there's a problem saving cookies to the iPad. I assume you're using the default Safari browser, try using Google Chrome from the app store.

I see , said the blind man
I forgot about the cookies, I enabled them and that's it back ok again
Link problem is that, to get a link to a page I am on and I want to,share it here, it's not as simple as just clicking on it as you do as there is nothing to click on if you see what I mean.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Once SO gets around to finishing the ATS redesign, the site will function just as good on Ipad as it does on PC.

Patience is key. Ipads are finicky beings and I would suggest downloading the Chrome or Firefox browsers from the App store, they tend to do better.

~Tenth

Firefox browser cannot be used with iPads unfortunately at the moment.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

I have the same problem, that's why I don't have any real threads, yet.

Well I mean I get my messages.... But as far as posting links in all.... Bleh!

All I have to work with is this lovely iPad.

iPads aren't as great as they are made out to be.

I just smile and nod, and post a yay!

Be well
Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-

I'll just say I'm not computer savvy at all. When I can post a link, but I don't know how to post quotes from my link, and if ya try and explain it to me, I just get a glaze over my eyes and don't understand.

To quote just press either on the right or left of what you want to copy until the part is shaded the copy and paste as normal

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
wots an ipad?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

Link problem is that, to get a link to a page I am on and I want to,share it here, it's not as simple as just clicking on it as you do as there is nothing to click on if you see what I mean.

Do you mean you can't copy the URL from the address bar? If so, tap it once so the keyboard comes up, then tap the text and hold it for a couple of seconds. When you let go you should see a button that says "select all", press that and then you should see a button that says "copy". Then you'll be able to tap and hold again in another text box and you'll see an option to paste. If that's not what you mean then I'm afraid I still don't understand.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

Do you mean you can't copy the URL from the address bar? If so, tap it once so the keyboard comes up, then tap the text and hold it for a couple of seconds. When you let go you should see a button that says "select all", press that and then you should see a button that says "copy". Then you'll be able to tap and hold again in another text box and you'll see an option to paste. If that's not what you mean then I'm afraid I still don't understand.

No worries, found my problem by the way. I'm using Mercury browser but forgot I had it set to private browsing which means that every time I left it logged out as it didn't keep the cookies by default. I went into settings and got it back plus my homepage as well.
Reason I like this browser for iPad is that I can store my links at the top just like Firefox that I use on my laptop as well. Also, there is an app for Firefox that let's you get all your shortcuts from your main PC if you use another as well, but no Firefox browser which is a pity.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Try opening in new tab to view messages. A lot of websites have errors loading links on iPad but opening in new tab displays them.

I don't get what you mean about posting links if it isn't about copying an pasting the URL.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage
hmm, I spend the vast majority of my time on ATS with Android. Works well, no issues.

That's just a jab at apple, you know, if you use android, none of the browsers are very friendly with a small touch sensitive screen. and popups. and flash if you want to watch youtube videos in a browser, with flash dropping support all together for everything, I'm stuck with the default browser and can't change it.

There are workarounds, not least having to root your phone or tablet if you want to do any sort of customisation more than cosmetic.. or modded roms if you're lucky to have a device that is reasonably popular. Even then with many makes and models made in the same shonky places in china like foxconn they may vary slightly between different makes of the same model. Audio, touchscreen or gravity sensor drivers being lost because the usually the guy off the street just wants a phone, but may be curious and end up at worst bricking their device.

iPad is only as popular as it is because it has a strict hardware/software relationship. People write specific apps for the OS which is made specifically for the hardware it runs on. It gains opposition from devices like Android, because they offer the ability to access the device under software, allowing control of what software runs on it.

Hopefully with the new changes to ATS, it will get better. Posting on ATS, even with a 10" tablet, is painful. Although I don't see why iPads have issues pasting links... do they not have cut/copy/paste commands in the text editor? Or from the URL?

oO

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Hopefully with the new changes to ATS, it will get better. Posting on ATS, even with a 10" tablet, is painful. Although I don't see why iPads have issues pasting links... do they not have cut/copy/paste commands in the text editor? Or from the URL?

Yes they do have copy and paste that work well, just minor things though that are a bit of a pain, saying that, I've had this ipad2 from new since the week they first came out with no problems. I even took it with me when I went to Ireland a few years ago and it was brilliant wherever we were, so can't really complain I suppose.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Really?? I use my iPad for 99% of my online stuff - and the only problem I've had on ATS is creating threads, as it will just re-load it as you are typing.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CeeRZ
Really?? I use my iPad for 99% of my online stuff - and the only problem I've had on ATS is creating threads, as it will just re-load it as you are typing.

Bar the few things I mentioned here that most are now sorted, I can't complain too much any more....

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I personally haven't had any problems ,
With my I- pad, I use the tune in app for listening on sat.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wow. I just got my iPad a few days ago and got on ATS for the first time today and I find it very nice. It's a lot nicer than anything else I have used before. It's rather a painful experience on android (Or at least the device I was using at the time) Typing a reply was excruciatingly difficult. When I got my iPhone 4S last year I found ATS to work much better. However on the iPad it is very enjoyable. I'm really enjoying being able to navigate, view, and post with ease. In fact I'm using voice dictation, which I love.

Not sure what the problem with the copy and paste thing is aside from the fact that sometimes copy paste can be a little picky with the timing of your finger press to highlight. It's not necessarily ATS. In fact I had no problem even going out of Safari into another app to copy something to paste into a post I made earlier.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution