It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music in dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So I woke up with this song in my head and part of the lyrics.and it's a song I never heard before and most probably doesnt exist.
As far as I recall I don't remember having a dream like this, and I had to leave quick and as time went by, I lost the melody but remember just a sentence. But it was full lyrics. does anyone know what it meas- dreaming about music? There were 2 men singing this song to me, which I had never seen before either, it was all strange. And they were looking at me trying to tell me something with their eyes and a half smile.
Wonder what this dream means. Any dream interpreter here on this forum?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Maybe this helps :

Psychological Meaning: Music is the opposite of chaos. In dreams, it represents harmony and the infinite potential of creative life. Your dream music can also express the emotions that you are feeling at the moment. Is the tone happy, tragic, sad or threatening? Also, take note of any words and consider whether the tunes you hear have any personal associations. If the music you hear is discordant it may suggest that your creative potential has become distorted. May of the great composers claimed that they spontaneously ‘heard’ their greatest works while dreaming or immediately after waking.

Mystical Meaning: The pipes of Pan, the pied Piper and the haunting call of the Harpies all express the closeness of the Unconscious inner realm to the world of death. Mystics also talk of the ‘music of the spheres’ the ethereal music that symbolises the harmony of the cosmos. It is said that sometimes we may hear the songs of the angels in our dreams.

www.dreamsleep.net...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

If you can still remember the tune/song, you should record it.
Do it quickly before you forget. Record into your I Phone , Computer, microcassette,
even as a voicemail on yours or a friends phone mailbox. If you do not play an instrument,
you can always hum /sing the tune yourself as best as you can.

Music remembered from a dream is rare and special.
Create a title for the song and mark the date/time signature.

Keep the recording in a safe place. it may be worth its weight in gold someday.

S&F

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Music in general is an expression of our inner selves and our connection to life. When a person hears music while dreaming it indicates that they have ability to make that connection.
Singing in dreams is viewed as a link to self expression, or being "in tune" with ourselves and those around us.

PLPL

What sentence do you remember?? Do you recall where this took place??
edit on 7-2-2013 by Minori because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here's an interesting yet relevant fact: the melody of 'Yesterday' by the Beatles came to Paul McCartney in a dream.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

This happened to me for the first time in my life recently and was a wonderful experience.

Immediately woke up, recorded a version of the simply, almost nursery rhyme tune and wrote a note about it.

Here's what the note said:

"Just dreamt a melody. Pretty freaked out. Recorded it on my phone and will see what happens with the guitar tomorrow. It was amazing, the more I sang the tune, the more the dream changed from a dreary life into a disney style cartoon of goodness. you? were all in it too, you didn't believe me at first (but) I just danced through you singing the melody over and over and time would loop and each time I was able to tell you what would happen next, because the tune was making it happen.

I worked out the chords yesterday and had the dream on 22nd Dec.

"( C ) Hold Back Life is what you make it, ( C )Hold Back Life is what you make it, ( G )Hold back life is what you make it, (F)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It seems to me your inner creative is trying to grab your attention. Perhaps a creative lifestyle is poles apart from your current situation and might seem unimaginable. What you described sounds just like inspiration coming to the fore, the same way many artists describe it. If it happens again, when you wake up try to record what happened any way possible and over time you will fill in the pieces.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I sometimes have the same experience of waking up with song in my head which i have never hd experience of hearing before. I am at an advantage because i have some skill with musical instruments and have recording software hardware so i have in past recreated the songs i heard creating Mp3. Heres one song i had this experience with and recorded it and place it on my soundcloud site. Called it long-lasting-universe.

soundcloud.com.../the-long-lasting-universe

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I dream new music all the time. It's been happening since I was a kid. Normally -- I keep a notepad and a guitar near the bed, just in case I come up with something good.

I sleep in leaps; why let those REM cycles idle / waste?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

thanks for the link! saving it

reply to post by Wildmanimal

I don't play any instrument

I like to sing though, but informally. Yeah I have a decent voice.
I was meaning to record the melody when i woke up, because it was so so clear in my mind I woke up singing it and repeating the chorus but as I looked at my alarm, I realized I was absolutely late and had to run. I kept repeating it for a few times, thinking it was easy to remember- but as time went by and my mind got occupied with other stuff. When I was back home, I couldnt remember it. Only a short sentence was imprinted in my mind.

reply to post by Minori

That is interesting. Yes, I remember I was in a waiting room, with these 3 people, I've never seen before. We were waiting for a spiritual talk-course or something like that. And this song came on the radio and the man sitting in front of me, started to sing it and act it out, and he was excited and making face expressions like according to the lrycis- and winking like he was trying to tell me something, and and then the other man joined him and both were sining it but it was directed at me.

reply to post by Marcelli

haha yes, I've read that too

reply to post by Beavers

Hey that is interesting! quiet an experience, uh?

reply to post by Ramcheck

That sounds about right too. Thanks for advice =)

reply to post by AthlonSavage

hey really nice song!
keep it up.

reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I used to have a dream journal. But that only lasted few days. LOL Im too restless/impatient to note down my dreams everyday.
edit on 8/2/13 by plutoxgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Being in a waiting room suggests a few things. Depending on how you felt about waiting it could indicate that you need patience or that you have alot of it. If you where relaxed, you realize that things will happen in their own time, if you had the eager feeling it may indicate that you set your expectations to high. On the spiritual level it means one must wait for the passage of time.
The fact you remembered that there were three people makes me think that the number itself carries a significance. The number three is linked to creativity and spirituality. It is also seen as a number of wisdom, understanding and knowledge.

Are you at all musically inclined??
What was the one sentence you remember??
Did these guys make you nervous or give off any bad vibes??
Did they appear normal, or was there something not right about them?? i.e eyes, mouth

PLPL

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I once had a dream that Hank Williams Sr came to me and gave me a song that he had never recorded.

He said to me - one day you'll remember the thing entirely, and play it. When you do, give me credit.

And then I woke up. I'm not a Hank Williams fan. But that damn song is stuck in my head. Has been for years.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
you think thats weird, ive had dreams where i've played a piano concert, and although i don't know how to play piano, i was sure i was playing the "right" keys.

i've also had dreams I've been at concerts and heard my favorite artists perform new songs.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Hello Minori

Well I need to learn some patience yes, definitely..... .=) and what you said about the spiritual part is true.
In "real life"- I was going to meet someone that is very "important" in the spiritual field in my part of the world mainly. But then I found out we couldnt met yet.

So when I dreamt about the waiting room and music and stuff I didnt know our reunion wasn't going to work out soon. Maybe was like a premonition?

Oh yes, I love music, but I dont play any instrument. I just really enjoy listening to music and dancing.

And yes the men in my dream were completely normal. They were just funny, their manners/acting seemed exagerated, like they were trying to make me laugh or something.

edit on 8/2/13 by plutoxgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

AthlonSavage - I would like to listen to the music you dreamed, but the link doesn't go to your song. I think it is just going to the main page of that site. Try using the "Link" button if you reply to this, and remove the "http://" that gets put in by default, then paste in your entire link. Then it should work for us.

OP - I have dreamed music or songs every now and then, and done the same thing as you where I tried to keep repeating it, but then other thoughts take priority and I end up losing it. It's a neat experience, makes me wih I was a musician and could capture it before it is gone, like some of these other folks do.

...and that is really interesting about "Yesterday" by the Beatles coming from a dream! Thanks to whoever said that.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You want to think about the lyrics of the song and how this can relate to your personal life. Also the tone of the song, e.g. posititve or negative

top topics

join