It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orchestral Electronica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Been doing music for about 7 years. Started with Guitar but now I do lots of electronic/pro tools stuff. I don't really know what to call my music, but i'd say it's an ambient/industrial/electronic like sound.

My influences are Nine Inch Nails, Tool and A Perfect Circle, Lots of Electronic bands like Massive Attack, Spunkshine and Hybrid, and some metal influences but it usually doesn't enter my writing.

Please Check it out and tell me what you think:
soundcloud.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Listening right now, and really liking it.

Very talented my friend!

I started following you. I don't make music, but like to listen.

Peace and love
~nat the blue eyed cat~

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Cool, I'll check it out. I use Moog gear myself and highly recommend it.
I'll get back to you after I get a chance to listen to your goodie.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thank you very much. Words like these keep me motivated to make more music

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

More....I need more

Just playing. I indeed like all that are on there.

Very good, I'll just keep listening over and over and over and....

For real, I'm really diggin.

Peace and love
~nat the crazy cat-

Definitely keep making music.
edit on 7-2-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I like the way Guardian ends with the filters and effected tones. I love that soaring hard driving guitar drone that the latest track builds to. Good and spacy, that. The end of this track is very abrupt after having set such a mood. As low as the volume suddenly drops for last part of this song, was it intentional? It is in contrast to the way Guardian kind of floats away.
Nice composition on Barren. It is my favorite.
This music is great; it seizes a certain ambient power, and rocks it . Thank you for sharing.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Great Stuff There! Really nice rhythm/drum tracks. Great sound textures as well.
Are you a Kraftwerk fan as also?

Great potential as a Soundtrack . Thanks for Sharing! S&F

edit on 7-2-2013 by Wildmanimal because: grammar

edit on 7-2-2013 by Wildmanimal because: oops

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sounds awesome man. You have a knack for compositional storytelling, very tasteful and pleasing tonal textures and progression. The first 3 influences you mentioned happen to be some of my biggest influences as well. Keep it up!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
I like the way Guardian ends with the filters and effected tones. I love that soaring hard driving guitar drone that the latest track builds to. Good and spacy, that. The end of this track is very abrupt after having set such a mood. As low as the volume suddenly drops for last part of this song, was it intentional? It is in contrast to the way Guardian kind of floats away.
Nice composition on Barren. It is my favorite.
This music is great; it seizes a certain ambient power, and rocks it . Thank you for sharing.

The newest Track(Self Assured) was actually written before any of the other tracks. I didn't like much of my really old music, it felt too different from my new work, but that one track stood out to me so I put it on my soundcloud.
For the volume drop, I really just wanted to play that guitar tone alone at the end. I like to end some songs abruptly, especially if they get really chaotic with lots of sounds. I guess that's the NIN influence kicking in, I really love how a few songs on The Downward Spiral just end quickly after getting really hard, so I guess that influence shows lol.

If interested, you can listen to some of my older work on here: www.youtube.com...

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

Great Stuff There! Really nice rhythm/drum tracks. Great sound textures as well.
Are you a Kraftwerk fan as also?

Great potential as a Soundtrack . Thanks for Sharing! S&F

edit on 7-2-2013 by Wildmanimal because: grammar

edit on 7-2-2013 by Wildmanimal because: oops

Thank You

I listen to a lot of Industrial actually. Kraftwerk, Combichrist, Skinny Puppy. I even, dare I say it, listen to Throbbing Gristle now and then.

I never considered those bands to be a big part of my influence though, but now that you mention it I can hear some of it in there.

Originally posted by OrganicAnagram33
Sounds awesome man. You have a knack for compositional storytelling, very tasteful and pleasing tonal textures and progression. The first 3 influences you mentioned happen to be some of my biggest influences as well. Keep it up!

Thank you

I will definitely keep it up. I usually only share my music with facebook and close friends, but I am very excited about all of your feedback so far. Hopefully I can get a 6 track EP done sometime soon.

So many of you have taken time to listen and have been very kind with the feedback. I know how easy it is to ignore music due to the sea of music floating out there, so thank you all for checking it out!

On that note, do you guys know any other good forums or sites that I could share my music with?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I use tindeck.com, which has served me well on some songs and not as well on others... but I still like it there and I use it to find new music all the time. I would like to hear your music, but for whatever reason it isn't playing when I try to make it... I am very interested though because "orchestral electronica" is a form that I commonly compose and your derived inspirations are similar to mine which is pretty cool haha

Ah listened to them now, I had a stupid adobe update I was coerced into installing before I could listen. Good stuff though! I wish you would let us download more than just that one though, its pretty chill. Good mixing levels, with bass and reverbs and whatnot. Maybe work on the transitions but I love the sound collaborations you have together. Thanks for sharing!
edit on 8-2-2013 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

I use tindeck.com, which has served me well on some songs and not as well on others... but I still like it there and I use it to find new music all the time. I would like to hear your music, but for whatever reason it isn't playing when I try to make it... I am very interested though because "orchestral electronica" is a form that I commonly compose and your derived inspirations are similar to mine which is pretty cool haha

Ah listened to them now, I had a stupid adobe update I was coerced into installing before I could listen. Good stuff though! I wish you would let us download more than just that one though, its pretty chill. Good mixing levels, with bass and reverbs and whatnot. Maybe work on the transitions but I love the sound collaborations you have together. Thanks for sharing!
edit on 8-2-2013 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

Thanks for listening

I didn't allow downloading because I didn't make my music all that public. I'm still a bit weary mainly because I don't know what tracks will be on my Demo/EP, but I'm perfectly fine with allowing download. The tracks should be downloadable now.

top topics

join