It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O’Reilly Bizarrely Claims NBC Hasn’t Reported On Drone Strike Memo, Even Though NBC Broke T

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Sure you have.
He must be periodically possessed by some leftist demon.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Could he have been referencing that the media has been sitting on the story; or rather the story of secret drone bases since '11 and not merely the activity of the drone strikes? I am surely not defending the man, but his overall premise is quite clear in my opinion.

Daily body counts rarely get reported on in the mass-media since President Bush left office regardless of the fact that between 2008-present has seen the highest amount of causalities; civilian and military. This isn't meant to be a "President Obama" thing, just interesting how selective the overall media has been.

Couple that with the instant reporting of any whiff of wrong doing by the Bush Administration (and as it should be for the record) and the sitting on stories in the current administration, it does make even the most middle of us wonder.....

Why wait? Why all of a sudden be okay with withholding a breaking story when you they were so willing to break the "Jarret outing" story so quickly?

Media establishment ranks up there with the political establishment in my opinion and they have plenty of fish on both sides of the pond that are willing to eat up their nonsense.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I think there's a few things going on with the media. I don't buy into the liberal media meme, I think it's a tool to create an underdog, struggling heroes etc.. I think our media is Corporate 1st, Political 2nd. Obviously journalism suffers because networks want people watching ads and buying products.

But something darker is going on. If you look at some books written by journalists or if you watch, read independent media, journalists in the US really aren't allowed to be journalists anymore... not without facing jail time, no fly lists etc.

If you notice, the story about news outlets not covering the story of the drone base in Saudi Arabia... they were asked by the CIA not to run the stories.

I guess the meme bothers me because there's a serious underlying issue and the biggest proponent of the meme constantly lies and muddies waters, scrambles the public brain and we just never end up talking about the things we need to actually talk about.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Bill O'Reilly talks out of his @$$ all the time, Limbaugh may be the only one to have hime beat, possibly Obama himself. Not surprising when he says anything. Any newsman is a spinner of magnificent abilities they all weave great webs of BS until you have no idea what the hell is going on anymore, not to single out O'Reilly- he's not alone.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The best thing that could ever happen for humanity would be for someone to go back in time and neuter Bill O's father before Bill was conceived

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join