It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O’Reilly Bizarrely Claims NBC Hasn’t Reported On Drone Strike Memo, Even Though NBC Broke T

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Remember the drone strike Justice Department memo publicly released this week? The one that lays out the exact legal authority by which the Commander-in-Chief can authorize a drone strike to take out American citizens? That very memo has been getting a lot of play in the media this week after the memo was released by NBC News’ Michael Isikoff and officially broken on Rachel Maddow‘s MSNBC show. So please keep those details in mind as you watch Bill O’Reilly claim that NBC has been relatively silent on this story.

“Remember the outcry over waterboarding? You know, everybody jumping up and down? NBC News, I thought they were going to, like, melt down over there. You heard anything on NBC about the drones?”

“So you haven’t heard anything over about this, and neither have I. Neither has my staff. Okay? So we haven’t heard anything. But we heard a lot about waterboarding, but nothing about drone strikes. How do you process that?”

[url=http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-oreilly-bizarrely-claims-nbc-has-not-reported-on-the-drone-strike-memo-that-nbc-broke-the-story-on/]mediaite.com[ /url]

Gotta keep the myth of Liberal media bias going at all cost. Even if it makes you look like a total jackass, than again that's nothing new for O'Reilly. Good Lord. The video is worth a watch, good Lord.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Kali74 because: Link issues...working on it

Can't get the link to post properly, sorry

edit on 7-2-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Like O'Reilly could even recognize something that resembled a report. He just runs his mouth to get viewers.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Won't be surprised to see a thread pop up pointing out how much NBC sucks and is in the pocket of the President, despite that O'Reilly has proven to be a liar time and time again.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by buster2010

Won't be surprised to see a thread pop up pointing out how much NBC sucks and is in the pocket of the President, despite that O'Reilly has proven to be a liar time and time again.

That's the problem with people that follow only one channel. One line of thought just like good little sheep.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Don't have anything nice to say about O Reilly BUT

To be fair the people who were the most vocal over the last administration were screaming bloody murder over water boarding compared to the minor coverage to the current admins straight out murder.
edit on 7-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sure, according to right wing media.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Oreilly doesnt know anything. Another paid actor to make people pissed off at whatever politician they are paid to slam at that time period. Oreilly bathes with falafel and eats loofah and thinks that its funny and thinks YOUR crazy for bringing it up and labels you a conspiracy theorist on his show and wont let you say a word. People like him,that oxy addict Limbaugh and Hannity and all the rest should never have been allowed to do what they are doing.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Bill O is not right wing.

Watch the guy sometime, more than 5 minutes

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What is he then?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

What is he then?

A pundit on tv.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Pundit:

a person who gives opinions in an authoritative manner usually through the mass media

...and his opinions are Right Wing.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
They have been relatively silent about the drone attacks. You don't see nightly coverage of it at all considering the size of the story it is.

And I find it absolutely hilarious how your calling O'Reilly out for this but ignoring all the straight up lies NBC does get caught in.

They pretend to be a news organization, O'Reilly does not and has even stated he's an entertainer.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Pundit:

a person who gives opinions in an authoritative manner usually through the mass media

...and his opinions are Right Wing.

Yeah all right wingers think anyone who buys AR-15s should be reported to the FBI.
freedomoutpost.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

O'reilly said that?

reply to post by Spookycolt

What lies has NBC told? And considering they broke the story and it has been covered now by every major news outlet in country, how is it not being talked about?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Kali74

Bill O is not right wing.

Watch the guy sometime, more than 5 minutes

Exactly. I have seen him defend Obama and left wing political agendas more often than right wing. I don't consider him conservative and a lot of people I know also don't.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Your right what was I thinking.

If you want to laugh though I would google "nbc caught in a lie" and look at all the foolish stories people have made up about them telling lies.

Really sad that people would try and tarnish the reputation of such an outstanding news organization.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Nice.
Thanks for playing.
I got a snarkyness tip for ya though for future reference, tends really tick people off.
link

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Naw it wasn't hard and there are a list of them I could have posted however it would have resulted in nothing but a back and forth between you and me and would have detracted from the purpose of this thread.

If you would like to start a new thread about lies NBC has told I will be more than happy to play along. I have lists of lies from all major news outlets, including FOX, so I just find it ironic how your picking out this one while ignoring the other news services.

Loved your link though

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Well the topic is Bill O'Reilly stating NBC hasn't reported on the Drone Strike Memo when they in fact broke it. Had the topic been media lies I would have covered more than 1 person or network.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Well since we are back on your topic then your first quote shows where he says they have been "relatively silent" on the issue and I believe that's an accurate statement.

I am not going to go into defense mode of him though because I frankly don't like him but I believe on this one he pretty much got it right.

Hes not really straight up lying, and when he does misspeak he apologizes for it, albeit not sincererly but he does admit when hes wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join