It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vertigo-Inducing "Building Ledge" photo compilation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I stumbled upon some really cool photos by an artist by the name of Jun Ahn who does these self portraits on ridiculously tall buildings. This lady has some dare devil juice in her.. Wow.

Photographer Jun Ahn, from Seoul, South Korea, has travelled to the top of some of the tallest buildings in her native city, New York and Hong Kong. Once she has climbed to the top of one she will find a suitable location, sit or stand dangerously close to the edge and pose for self portrait photographs.

Here are some from this article - Telegraph.co.uk

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Though, the Russian Roofers are pretty incredible as well..

abc news

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have vertigo but not acrophobia which are two distinctly different things.

The pictures are interesting, as are cityscape photos that look UP in the middle of a nest of highrises ... but, I have no dizziness here.

Vertigo

Vertigo is physical and has to do with inner ears issues normally.

Acrophobia is fear of heights and THAT might cause one to feel dizzy.

Acrophobia

Note, they do mention a "height vertigo" which MIGHT be a subset of less common vertigo types.

"Vertigo" is often used (incorrectly) to describe a fear of heights, but it is more accurately a spinning sensation that occurs when one is not actually spinning. It can be triggered by looking down from a high place, or by looking straight up at a high place or tall object, but this alone does not describe vertigo. True vertigo can be triggered by almost any type of movement (e.g. standing up, sitting down, walking) or change in visual perspective (e.g. squatting down, walking up or down stairs, looking out of the window of a moving car or train). Vertigo is qualified as height vertigo when referring to dizziness triggered by heights.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Thanks for the info, I was just using what the gallery had titled, but good info none the less

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Those are some interesting shots and, trust me, you wouldn't find me doing that.

Those shots reminded me of this video that makes me cringe every time I watch it.

new topics

top topics

join