It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Shooters in Obama’s Home Town of Chicago Don’t Face Charges. Why is that?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by NickDC202

For real.. I might have to make a 9 hour drive to burgle some houses in Chicago if cops aren't even going to respond. Hope the home owners don't shoot m..ohh wait lol.
edit on 8-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

It's sad but true...
The Chicago board of tourism should change their campaign to "We know that your trip to Chicago will be expensive, but if you run out of money and still want to take in more of the sights, sounds and shows; we've got you covered: just venture out of your hotel to the street, walk behind a person walking alone and demand their wallet... Vacation financing problem solved: now the cost of that trip to the top of the Hancock Center is covered."

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202
I have a major issue with such Federal control of local policing.

Of course.

Whats sad is the majority of Chicago residents are too paralyzed by fear, and are unwilling to hold anyone accountable for shoddy Laws and shoddy Police practices. Not to mention they have no problem caving into Unions who held that city hostage, when it came to the Teachers wanting more money. I think the residents of that city need to wake the hell up, and hold the Mayor to the fire, so to speak. Its obvious the "laws" that have been enacted to prevent gun deaths, gun sales, or anything else relating to guns, is not working.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
As a law enforcement officer I have experienced the anti snitch culture on an almost daily basis. An overwhelming majority of the time when these gang shootings occur nobody will cooperate. It's rather funny how there can be 100+ people at a local club or on the street and not one person sees anything when a shooting occurs.

You also have to remember that when these gang members are shot we have to ask them if they want to press charges. 99% of the time they say no and sign a decline to prosecute. This means we CANNOT charge the shooter with aggravated assault/battery or attempted murder. The only thing we could charge them with is discharging a firearm in public or maybe possession of a weapon by a felon. However we would still need to identify the shooter and locate a firearm. When you have zero cooperation this is extremely difficult.

And an overwhelming majority of the time we do make an arrest the judicial system drops the ball. In my experience they hardly ever adhere to sentencing guidelines. Career criminals are released on a daily basis at no fault of the officers.

Now when a murder occurs obviously the state takes over the charges on behalf of the victim. So an arrest can be made if there is sufficient evidence. Again this is extremely difficult when you have practically zero cooperation.

That being said I can only speak of my experience working at my agency. I have never worked or visited Chicago. That place is on a whole different level.
edit on 8-2-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: added

edit on 8-2-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: grammar

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by SpaDe_
This will be largely ignored by the anti gun crowd because facts seem to get in the way of their agenda.
You assume quite a Lot, speaking for an Entire group. But OK, lets say the Numbers are Correct.

You guys think you Stumbled across the winning Lotto Numbers, with these facts, when in Fact , these very numbers will Lead to the Gun Regulators getting their way in the End.
Yes, their is Strict Gun Control in Illinois, Yes , their is a Lot of Gun Murders in Chicago.
Heres the Win, Looking at the Numbers , The Reason is that Neighbouring States have Lax Gun Control.
So, the Fix the Gov will Use, is that ALL States will have the Same Gun Controls, NO LAX STATES.

So Seabag, Send these Numbers to Washington, Lets get on with More Gun Control.
So, go on with Your Snide remarks, but know this will Happen.

I'm sorry, were you saying something? I mean, I see that you typed a bunch of words there and lumped them together to loosely create some sentences, but I am just having a hard time making any sense out of what you are saying. Maybe you didn't read through the OP, or maybe you just have a serious lack of reading and comprehension skills brought on by an underfunded inner city educational system. Don't worry, there are many like you out there that just don't get it so don't feel bad there is help.

edit on 2/8/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If they are not shooting cops, I doubt they really care... If these guys started shooting cops which they know NOT to do and it hardly ever happens because you can shoot anyone BUT A COP... If cops were getting shot, we would see a whole new level of "clamp down".
edit on 8-2-2013 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The problem is guns that end up in the hands of these gangs and thugs , how do they get them (guns) Where do they get them . Like the war on drugs and most on here should know how the majority of drugs end up on the streets . They are provided from some alphabet agency . Do I need a gun to protect myself or my family . No I don't
buy the time some one reaches for their gun they would be missing their throat gasping for their last breathe of air before they had time to cock their gun . Come into my house well same thing some retard with a gun to walk around the corner will get a baseball bat upside the head .

No no I don't need a fire arm to make me feel safe , Guess I am not that paranoid .

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

You guys think you Stumbled across the winning Lotto Numbers, with these facts, when in Fact , these very numbers will Lead to the Gun Regulators getting their way in the End.

They already have strict gun control…its not working! Get it?

Yes, their is Strict Gun Control in Illinois, Yes , their is a Lot of Gun Murders in Chicago.
Heres the Win, Looking at the Numbers , The Reason is that Neighbouring States have Lax Gun Control.
So, the Fix the Gov will Use, is that ALL States will have the Same Gun Controls, NO LAX STATES.

AH…so in your mind it’s the other state’s fault? You think criminals are driving to other states to get guns because the laws in Chicago are working??

So Seabag, Send these Numbers to Washington, Lets get on with More Gun Control.

Pointless! They are the ones sounding the trumpet of ignorance. No gun law will drop the crime rate in Chicago because it’s a cultural problem not a gun problem.

JOE BIDEN knows gun laws won’t stop mass shooting! Why don’t you get it?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Most Shooters in Obama’s Home Town of Chicago Don’t Face Charges. Why is that?,

Because OBAMA HIMSELF didn't want them to. He said it was RAAAAAAAAAAACIST.

ATS Thread - 1999 Sen. Obama Wouldn't Support Tougher Prosecution for School Shooters

Tied to this - Sen. Obama Backs Race Based School Discipline Policies
- Race Based ... as in, let the 'minorities' off but nail the white kids for the same crime.

and check this out ...
more here

He (obama) also voted against allowing persons who had obtained domestic violence protective orders to carry handguns for their protection.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Most Shooters in Obama’s Home Town of Chicago Don’t Face Charges. Why is that?

Cause what else would Republicans have to blame on him? The Wind? Oh wait...LOL

please wake up 2 parties one agenda if you keep blaming Obama for your toe jam you will never see the truth...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Come to Chicago and see what the problem is. Where are the police? Not in the ghettos.

Chicago needs more police.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If I had a son " He would look like Trayvon" That about somes it all up.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
We need mandatory target practice for all unlicensed gun owners, let them thin each other out saves the taxpayers a ton of money. I do feel for the innonce folks that get caught in the cross fire. Hey maybe legalize pot and take some of the cash and need for violence outta their hands???

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Social decay and no snitchin' will cause the imminent collapse of Chicago and cities structured just like it.

They want the police to protect them but will not cooperate in the aftermath of the violence. Can't have it both ways....

As was the case of the poor girl recently shot and killed in Chicago. There were plenty of witnesses and more than likely someone knew who the shooter was. They all left before the police could even get their names.

The good people in Chicago can't even defend their own homes without violating one of the many laws in Chicago which seem to only benefit the thugs.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

please wake up 2 parties one agenda if you keep blaming Obama for your toe jam you will never see the truth...

While I agree that we have "2 parties one agenda" I fail to see how that impacts the OP. Are we to withhold all criticism of Obama because of this?

Last time I checked it was Obama leading the anti-gun crusade in America. I was simply pointing out that it hasn't worked in his home state of Illinois so why take away everyone's 2nd amendment rights?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by seabag

Come to Chicago and see what the problem is. Where are the police? Not in the ghettos.

Chicago needs more police.

Most of my family lives in and around Chi-town. I've been there many times. If the city of Chicago needs more cops then tell it to Mayor Rahm Emanuel. You know as we'll as I do that Chicago is about as corrupt a city as one could imagine. The old Daly crew has been tearing it apart for decades. I wish you the best of luck and hope one day you can rid yourself of gangster politics, but with the election of Rahm it's more of the same.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by abeverage

While I agree that we have "2 parties one agenda" I fail to see how that impacts the OP. Are we to withhold all criticism of Obama because of this?

Last time I checked it was Obama leading the anti-gun crusade in America. I was simply pointing out that it hasn't worked in his home state of Illinois so why take away everyone's 2nd amendment rights?

Who has suggested an amendment to the constitution specifically the 2nd? Please link me to this information.

Obama has no power to take away guns anyone with an 8th grade education in U.S. government knows that. Hate to point out the obvious but the president cannot write or pass laws nor can he amend or change the constitution. And isn't the point of your topic about shooters getting out of being charged?

Blame on a President is a distraction anyone who does has a narrow focused agenda. And as far as charges he has not been a rep of that state in more than 4 years surely it is because he is president...It would be the Judges not a representative that decides who is charged and who is not. So unless you are blaming him for a pardon I don't see your point!

This is as senseless as blaming Bush for placing WMD's in Iraq. Dig deeper than the bully pulpit to find out who is really to blame...

This is an anti-Obama thread yet again which is a pointless distraction, as always people need a scapegoat instead of finding the real threats.

edit on 8-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I wonder where the inspiration for this Stop Snitchin' culture comes from??

This evening in New York City, President Obama will be fundraising with "NBA heroes," according to his spokesman. Those "heroes" include Michael Jordan (who is also a failed baseball player), Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning, and, perhaps most interestingly, Carmelo Anthony.

Anthony helped make the pro-drugs YouTube video called "Stop Snitchin."

"Denver Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony is featured in an underground DVD that is circulating in his hometown of Baltimore, Md," the Denver Channel reported.

The DVD is called “Stop Snitching” and shows alleged drug dealers talking about what happens to people who cooperate with the police, and Anthony is standing next to one of them.

He is also seen on the DVD talking about his Olympic bronze medal and saying that he threw it in a lake. The man he stands next to later goes on to tell how he would take care of snitches by “putting a hole in their head.” However, Anthony does not appear to be taking part in that portion of the discussion.

As spoken and represented by their role models!!

Way to go Carmello....

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oh cool, I might know some of your family!

The thing is, Rahm is working to get more police on the streets. Source

I agree that Chicago is crooked, hell it's always been. That's why it's not a good example when it comes to proving whether or not certain anti-crime tactics are efficient. For myself and your family and all the other residents of Chicagoland, I hope that eventually these crime rates will drop.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

I'm sorry, were you saying something?
No need to Apologize my friend.
Your ability to grasp the Idea was beyond your reach from the Start.
We are what we are.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

That's great if Rahm can get more cops. Now you just have to get the Aldermen and the ward bosses to let the cops in to the districts that need a thorough cleaning...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join