It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elaboration of Eastern Concepts/Gods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I would like to share a little writing which demonstrates correspondences for Eastern terms and concepts with more elaborately explained concepts/design. This was inspired by a description of how the Universe came/comes into existence by John Lily, and I thought of the correspondences. There is more you could do, with various spiritual systems, but here is what I have for now.

Before Beginning(of Time/Space): Sunyata(emptiness/void)
From void Came Brahma(Growing/Choosing-God)
Then Self(Atman) was realized; Consciousness-Without-Object
Then the first notion of an Object arose; Unity(of time/space), 1
Then polarity arose, which would always equal out to 0, all the way up to infinity.

That which becomes all experiences: Brahma
That which is the experience itself: Vishnu
Spontaneous creation & destruction of every reality/moment from Void: Shiva
Sensual-Body: Soma

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This is just a bit of translation/interpretation I did of the words used for a variety of major concepts/terms used in our spiritual/religious thought. It is important to look at these terms in their original form/context, if we are to properly understand the meaning.

EASTERN
tanha = thirst, craving
sunyata = emptiness, void

WESTERN
shama = hear
neshema = intuitive-soul(Passively taking in the Word)
dabar = word/speak
Shamayim = Heavens(They-Who-Hear/listen)
adam = man
adam HaKodesh = the Holy, Archetypal Man
ruach = spirit, breath, air, wind
ruach HaKodesh = Holy spirit, holy breath
Ben = Son(The Word flows upward into Him)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
You forgot this....

Reincarnation == resurrection of Christ...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here is an explanation/translation of some fundamental Eastern concepts...

Tanha = thirst, craving
Which correlates with…
Karma = Laws of action/reaction implicit in reality

Playing with material/sensual reality is called…
Tantra = Playing God, as human. Or, playing human, as God. The Art and Science of Divinity. How can I see God, be God, find Goddess, be with Goddess.

All of these things arise from…
Sunyata = Emptiness, Void

The reality of which means that all movement of life, its never-ending searching, is…
Samsara = Cycles of Reality, never-ending, ultimately un-satisfactory

This is due the reality of…
Anitya = Impermanence, due to the necessary end of all which has a beginning

This, one of the highest teachings, is one aspect of…
Dharma = Truth embedded in the fabric of Reality itself

The One who sees this(there can only be one, from every perspective other than ‘his’ own) is called…
Buddha = The Awoken One. Is all things/people/Gods, no things/people/Gods, all manifested as one thing/person/God, whom we have called ‘Buddha’ for convenience.

edit on 9-2-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

The ancients didn't just believe in spirituality of go to church in a circle of rocks, every aspect of their civilization had to do with spirituality, every thing that they did, saw, and thought also so they incorporated names related to that. It is the exactly same thing as our civilization giving names of slang. Some people say slang is not the way to go but it shows we are more evolved for having 5 terms for one word, and many words that rhyme together. We certainly cannot disagree with the rest of the world that they give names for things in religions when their name is not our name. I have no problem calling a person 'god' today, I will say 'hey god,' and they will think for a second, why would he be calling me god? Because the ancients would understand.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Have you been to Sunyata, OP?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Alright, I would like to write just a bit about some information I have learned from reading Eastern texts, with some studying into the meaning of the words. This combined with my knowledge of Hebrew, and Kaballah.

The Upanishads stress the importance of the syllable AUM, or OM. These are three sounds, really making up one syllable. Each sound represents one of the three primary 'Gods,' or aspects of reality.
A - Vishnu. The sustainer of reality, or an experience in and of itself.
U - Shiva. Creator/destroyer of world.
M - Brahma. The growth and expansion of the All into itself.

Now, in hebrew. A would be 'Aleph, the first letter of the hebrew alphabet, 'the Alpha.' Thus Aleph is Vishnu. U would be vav, or waw. It means and, implying moving on to the next one. M is mayim, water, the flow of reality. Brahma is represented, as in b'ra'sheet, "in the beginning" as Genesis begins. Or B'ra, creation. Also M is the last letter of Elohim, the primary name for God in Hebrew. Elohim indicates the masculine plural of Goddess, Eloah, feminine. Thus it indicates some combination of masculinity and femininity, into One. Thus this concept is implicit within Brahma, the growth and expansion of life/reality.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Have you been to Sunyata, OP?

As in, have I had direct experience of Emptiness? If so, I would say yes.

new topics

top topics

join