U.S. government to allow radioactive waste metals to be 'recycled' into consumers products like be

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I sure the levels will not be toxic or else the FDA and EPA would never allow it to happen.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Now we will have to do our daily shopping with a portable geiger counter
for there 's going to be a world wide boycott of US products like China.

What a great christmas some kids will have
edit on 8-2-2013 by SSimon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster
reply to post by intrptr

While I believe what you are saying about refineries in US.Canada etc, I would be surprised that this is the same for oversea refineries in places like India, china etc where the environmental laws are lacking or non existent , and where we get most of our consumer products from....just another reason to buy local , Hmmmmm do I want to buy a set of cheap radioactive spoon/forks from china or a set of more expensive ones from the US/Canada.

You hit the nail on the head there. They would sell it to overseas markets. Think of the tons of metal we sold to China from the WTC buildings as an example. There is a lot of money to be made and we cant have these pesky regulations and laws get in our way. Then when we get contaminated goods from China, we' ll blame them and the monsters that gave it to them will be laughing all the way to the bank.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Not really breaking news, but I like your thread better anyway.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-2-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by theone88
I sure the levels will not be toxic or else the FDA and EPA would never allow it to happen.

You are joking right. The FDA doesn't inspect the food supply, drugs, notta. Insufficient Funds to monitor commerce.

EPA ain't funded to monitor commerce and America either.

If you are trusting Government to watch out for you.....yer pretty naive.

It was under President Bush that the Federal Government announced if radiation levels ever got too high in your area.....they aren't going to notify you. They don't want the populace to get scared and stop Commerce. They sited "National Security" as justification to not notify the public if radiation levels are too high.

EPA was monitoring radiation levels in America and had reports for the monitor sites the public could read about....April after Fukushima went critical....Telurium 132 was detected on US Soil.......no more EPA Radiation reports released to the public since.

Want to get scared? The Department of Energy has a website called "Monthly Event Reports" where reports are released on radioactive happenings every month. Read all the stories about 5 gallon buckets of Tritium being dumped down the toilets at nuclear reactors.....radioactive material getting lost/stolen every month.

Pretty scary stuff.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Hey There Intrptr, just because it is utterly ridiculous does not mean it does not occur.

Agreed, overseas.There are a growing number of incidences occurring, overseas. Any BS about scrap yards or refineries here in the US is just that. A refinery adds up to 40 % recycled metals to a smelting operation and then fine tunes the melt to exacting customer specs. When I say exact, I mean mass spectrometers are used to determine anything in the melt.

"Does not occur"? Yah but not by intent. but not by intent. Lemmesee, I want to contaminate my entire smelting factory so lets put some radioactive elements into the mix a little at a time... Shhh, We're so sneaky.

That assertion is just so mistaken about the metals industry.

Sorry dude.

If you want to go sniffing about conspiracies... you tell me.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by intrptr

Maybe after nine leven some outfits have incorporated the modern techniques
that you mentioned. I have been to scrap yards that never had any of that tech.

Modern techniques? There are "recycle centers" and there are scrap yards. I guarantee the bigger ones have detectors of some sort as you weigh in.

Customer returns due to radiation contamination are one of the largest business risks for scrap metal recyclers. Not only is there the financial cost of reverse shipping charges, but the recycler risks damaging its reputation.

Scrap yards contain more radiation detection equipment than ever, as recyclers work to ensure greater product quality and better service to steel mill customers. Another factor is the increased volume of Eastern European scrap metal exports. These often have higher levels of contamination due to lax regulations.

www.americanrecycler.com...

Edit to add: Not sure of their diagnosis of "drinking water" but reference beginning about scrap yards refusing metal?

edit on 8-2-2013 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

They're there... somewhere.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just to give you a little background of what I am, I was a nuke electrician with the Navy for 6 years, spending 3 years at a civilian nuclear site.

Over the time I was there, I have seen what is considered radioactive waste. I would say 90% doesn't even need to be considered radioactive. Most of this waste would cause less harm than many of the things that you use every day such as cell phones, microwaves, televisions, etc etc. I would guess that you would get more readiation spending one day in any average basement than you would spending a year straight with some of the so called waste. Just to give you an idea what could be considered waste. If I would bring a screwdriver to do some maintenance into in area that is considered low rad, I could potentially have to call that screwdriver waste and bag it. It will probably be released in a week or so because it has be decontaminated and washed. That screwdriver is perfectly good and can be used again and poses no threat to you or I. But what happens is that since we were down a screwdriver, we bought a new one. No a lot of that waste that is out there is just random tooling, especially tools that are worth a lot of money that never gets used or been used only once. They are not radioactive and are just collecting dust.

A lot of radioactive waste is usually just paper towels that are wet with water/liquid that was exposed to radiation and not necessarily radioactive. A lot of it is old tools, parts and random manufacturing metals that were stored because regulations are too strict to get rid of it.

The only waste you should be worried about is spent fuel rods, metals that have been exposed to a neutron flux for very long periods of time and any metals made from radioactively sensitive elements.

If there are just getting rid of some of the old stuff and as long as it is not emitting any radioactivity. Those metals sitting there over the years are probably less radioactive than the metals just pulled from the ground.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It's quite simple really.
The government doesn't give two sh@#s about the American people
or anybody for that matter.
When money and greed rule the human psyche, this is what is going to happen every single
time. Hell, history shows us that.
†he government abandoned it's duty and it's people decades ago.
They all are mainlining greed,power,ego and money right in the jugular vein.

The real question is,
when are people going to get off their a@#es and do something about it?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Time to start buying up all the belt buckles and silver spoons you can, wrapping them in a nice big red bow, and mailing them off to your local representatives. Be sure they receive hundreds of these things each and every day.

Let's see how "comfortable" they are with hundreds of supposedly safe, non-toxic metal belt buckles spread out all over their desk next to their tuna salad sandwich.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Isn't that dangerous for citizens and for the enviroment? Some kind of mass killings?
I am afraid something similar happened in Serbia, causing huge mortality and illness... I read somewhere that Russian airplanes were dropping a lot of such materials in Chechenya, in a close neighbouring of Grozny, not sure about, just read somewhere, or saw on TV?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

this is nothing new, you have heard or read of food irradiation, haven't yopu?www.bt.cdc.gov...

Radioisotope Brief: Cobalt-60 (Co-60)

Half-life: 5.27 years

Mode of decay: Beta particles and gamma radiation

Chemical properties: Metallic solid that can become magnetically charged

What is it used for?

Co-60 is used medically for radiation therapy as implants and as an external source of radiation exposure. It is used industrially in leveling gauges and to x-ray welding seams and other structural elements to detect flaws. Co-60 also is used for food irradiation, a sterilization process.

Where does it come from?

Nonradioactive cobalt occurs naturally in various minerals and has long been used as a blue coloring agent for ceramic and glass. Radioactive Co-60 is produced commercially through linear acceleration for use in medicine and industry. Co-60 also is a byproduct of nuclear reactor operations, when metal structures, such as steel rods, are exposed to neutron radiation.

What form is it in?

Co-60 occurs as a solid material and might appear as small metal disks or in a tube, enclosed at both ends, that holds the small disks. Co-60 can occur as a powder if the solid sources have been ground or damaged.
nice to know that the food you eat is nuked, with out having to nuke it your self.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnik

Isn't that dangerous for citizens and for the enviroment? Some kind of mass killings?
I am afraid something similar happened in Serbia, causing huge mortality and illness... I read somewhere that Russian airplanes were dropping a lot of such materials in Chechenya, in a close neighbouring of Grozny, not sure about, just read somewhere, or saw on TV?

There was a joke, Germans put Gipsies into gas-chamber, a let them poisoning gas. After few seconds, one gipsy started to knock and shout: Mr. German, please open the window, we gonna quash

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I'm guessing it's a back-up plan for those citizens that won't be killed quickly in the coming domestic war.

Can't kill them quick? Kill them slow...all the same.

I know it's probably not the reasoning but I'm at the point that whatever the govt says, I don't believe. Whatever they do, isn't for the greater good and whatever they promise is done with a wink and a nudge.

Peace

They're killing us pretty slow with all of these vaccines and GMO foods. Btw, cannabis oil kills Cancer.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

You are joking right. The FDA doesn't inspect the food supply, drugs, notta. Insufficient Funds to monitor commerce.

It was under President Bush that the Federal Government announced if radiation levels ever got too high in your area.....they aren't going to notify you. They don't want the populace to get scared and stop Commerce. They sited "National Security" as justification to not notify the public if radiation levels are too high.

EPA was monitoring radiation levels in America and had reports for the monitor sites the public could read about....April after Fukushima went critical....Telurium 132 was detected on US Soil.......no more EPA Radiation reports released to the public since.

Want to get scared? The Department of Energy has a website called "Monthly Event Reports" where reports are released on radioactive happenings every month. Read all the stories about 5 gallon buckets of Tritium being dumped down the toilets at nuclear reactors.....radioactive material getting lost/stolen every month.

Pretty scary stuff.

LOL! Plus the EPA claimed that Dioxin, Fracking, was safe... the Insp General has already gotten onto them in the past for NOT monitoring radiation levels ( RadNet) when they have their fingers in the pie of a business... specifically after Fukushima! They SHUT DOWN monitoring so it wouldnt look as bad as it was.
enenews.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Pretty scary stuff.

If you want to live your life fearing your government... a life of misery, distrust and sadness go right ahead. S&F
edit on 8-2-2013 by theone88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sorry I had to bail on the thread early I need to get some rest.

I think people are missing the point here, it's not what the levels indicate as "safe", "below the standard" or anything like that. It's the simple fact they are still doing it. Regardless of what they deem as "safe" still might not actually be safe at all.

My point: Okay so you have one fork that has "safe" levels. But you continue to get other materials that are "safe", before you know it your whole damn house is glowing...

Is it safe to have 500 different recycled contaminated metals (in your home) all at "safe" levels? The more you get the more dangerous it becomes. I'm gonna go ahead and say no on that one...

ETA: Hope that made sense

-SAP-
edit on 8-2-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Is it safe to have 500 different recycled contaminated metals (in your home) all at "safe" levels? The more you get the more dangerous it becomes. I'm gonna go ahead and say no on that one...

Refining is a process of purifying metals, not contaminating them. The higher up the chain of recycling the more attention is paid to content. At the refining plants they don't produce forks or lawn chairs, they produce metals. Pure metals or alloys produced to customer "specs". These specifications are exacting and certified by mass spectrometer. These assays are delivered with the metal to manufacturing industries where they produce the finished products, be it airplanes, automobile engines or surgical lawn chairs....

The article asks us to buy the idea that nobody all along that process would ever discover the radioactivity. Thats the ludicrous part. Anyone who knows anything about the metals industry would laugh at such a notion.

Thats real world...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join