It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chris rock supports presidents decision on gun control... Just lost my respect for chris rock.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by OutonaLimb

Nothing went awry with RA. He is just not looking at it thru political fan base eyes. It was an opinion of a comedian. Nothing more.

Only people who have issue with it are clearly speaking with their political ideologies.

I see it the other way around, the only people who don't have a problem with "he's our boss/dad" only feel that way because of their political bias. The president is not our boss/dad, if we are unhappy with our president we elect someone else, we impeach him, or in extreme cases we can over thrown him. The president be it republican democrat or 3rd party, is not our boss, he is supposed to be our servant, he is supposed to represent us, not impose his unquestionable will on us.

Regardless of the issue, If it was one I agree with and Chris said this, I'd disagree with Chris's specific boss/dad statement. If it's an issue I disagree with it doesn't make it more wrong, it's equally wrong.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thats okay RA... we ALL know it was the brainwashing. It made you part of hte ATS CIA machine. They made you sit on the ground,chant, sprinkle powdered sugar on your head and slapped the CTer right out of you.
Sad days, RA... sad days...

BTW.. THAT is funny. CHris Rock? Not so much.

edit on 8-2-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

It's actually more like this:

Really not as painful as one might think.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Hmm.. I think Id rather have the powdered sugar slap.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

haha

How many of you always listened to your mom and your dad?? How many of you grew up to realize mom and dad were not always right and that they might have effed you over.

just think about that.

Did all of you agree 100% of the time with your parents?? were they 100% right??

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

A person that gets "allegory".

Thanks man.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
Black Hollywood will line up behind Obama. It's heresy not to. That said, I'm black Hollywood too, and I've been calling for Obama's impeachment. White liberals won't move against him because of white liberal guilt. In a way, you have to admire Obama and his handlers. The whole thing is a master stroke. Race paralyzes all opposition, and Obama gets to do the elites' bidding, completely protected. Lemme tell ya: Being black and opposing Obama is an untenable position in America right now. Chris knows this, hence this statement. Personally, my eyes are too open to go along.

Obama must be impeached. Right the # now.

I'm a black guy also and I definitely share your sentiments. Yep, we are the few indeed.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Juggernog

How do you know what kind of cook I am?
My point was, hes a bad comedian but I wasnt even replying to you.

But I am still talking to you. What kind of cook you are has no bearing on your political views. That's my point.

He Just Doesn't Get It......or Doesn't Want to!!....At The End Of The Day, Who Cares About His Opinion?.....Not Me..... Ohh...But I Am Sure That Chris Rock Does............Not!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I do what i can

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by luciddream

Would you be okay if i say your an A** hole for saying that lol?

Ive been called worse

Acting suprised in 3.....2.....1....."Really!!???.....Who!!??....Why!!?? ....Unbelievable!!! Dont worry, you are awesome!!
Sarcastic Mode: Off

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

the common pattern is that his behavior is characteristic of a person who is paying homage to an overlord or dictator or pope or pharaoh, not a president of the usa. and it was almost like he was in the penalty box, and to redeem himself for whatever it was he did to displease them, he had to get up on stage and pledge child-like obeisance. it's very odd. you must admit.

You know, the more I watch the video, the more I get the feeling that something is off. Maybe my tinfoil hat has a hole in it, maybe I watch too many cookie-cutter detective shows, but it seems to me like Rock was worried or scared when he was talking. It makes me think of a kidnap victim trying to give a clue to the person putting together the ransom money while the kidnapper listens in on the conversation. You know something is off when a man who spent the last decade ranting against President Bush suddenly says we need to support Obama just because he is the President. It's like Pat Robertson saying we need to worship Allah.

It's almost like he was trying to say, "The crime BOSS will hurt my MOTHER and FATHER if I don't play along here, so I'm doing as I'm told." And those guys standing around him definately look shady. Maybe as a reward, some of his movies will get more air time on basic cable, bump up those royalty checks.

I think I just blew a weeks worth of wing-nut conspiracy credits in one post.
edit on 8-2-2013 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I had similar first thoughts when i watched the video.
I like where your coming from, very out of the box thinking just what i like to see here

and from Doom himself

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I had similar first thoughts when i watched the video.
I like where your coming from, very out of the box thinking just what i like to see here

and from Doom himself

He did seem kind of nervous and his statement seemed so scripted and he seemed to choose his words very carefully.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

He did seem kind of nervous and his statement seemed so scripted and he seemed to choose his words very carefully.

He was only afraid of being bitten in the ass, if he didn't do as "daddy" said. That certainly doesn't make him worthy of my respect.

On the other hand, for sticking to their convictions without regard for what others may think, "LightsideAssassin" and "poloblack" have earned a great deal of respect from me. May I add you two to my friends list?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

Originally posted by undo

the common pattern is that his behavior is characteristic of a person who is paying homage to an overlord or dictator or pope or pharaoh, not a president of the usa. and it was almost like he was in the penalty box, and to redeem himself for whatever it was he did to displease them, he had to get up on stage and pledge child-like obeisance. it's very odd. you must admit.

You know, the more I watch the video, the more I get the feeling that something is off. Maybe my tinfoil hat has a hole in it, maybe I watch too many cookie-cutter detective shows, but it seems to me like Rock was worried or scared when he was talking. It makes me think of a kidnap victim trying to give a clue to the person putting together the ransom money while the kidnapper listens in on the conversation. You know something is off when a man who spent the last decade ranting against President Bush suddenly says we need to support Obama just because he is the President. It's like Pat Robertson saying we need to worship Allah.

It's almost like he was trying to say, "The crime BOSS will hurt my MOTHER and FATHER if I don't play along here, so I'm doing as I'm told." And those guys standing around him definately look shady. Maybe as a reward, some of his movies will get more air time on basic cable, bump up those royalty checks.

I think I just blew a weeks worth of wing-nut conspiracy credits in one post.
edit on 8-2-2013 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

Maybe he's saying listen to Obama because he's a democrat and supports gun control, Rock obviously has his blinders on like a lot of people who support either party. In my opinion Rock has never really been hard on the democrats and always been hard on republicans like 98% of hollywood celebrities. Chris rock is far from someone who has always been fair and doesn't lean to either party. If "they" were going to kidnap any major celebrity and make him say this why wouldn't they get someone with at least a bit credibility and someone who is influential to the public? Chris Rock is far from someone most people are going to take seriously and his following has been going down for a bit now. I can't believe this group had Chris Rock as their speaker when i'm sure they could of used one of the other million liberal shills in hollywood.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
As Colin Powell amply demostrated, if you are black, you are for anything Obama says. Race trumps all other choices.

Yet guns are killing more blacks (blacks on blacks) than whites. It would therefore be no difficult assessment for him to to be for gun control.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Our boss?? You're right you need to stay out of politics. The president is a elected servant that represents the people. I don't see how that makes him our boss.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

I thought he was better when he didn't support the president... you know, during the bush administration....

I wonder if he thought that Bush was the nations "Daddy" back then?

Meh, whatever... with chris rock, and jessie jackson both coming out in support of the stupidity of gun control....

Honestly, I think they have been threatened.... or had their families threatened, to force them to support the gun grab, and try to convince the black demographic to go along with it... because "Guns iz razist!"

It's pretty obvious, actually.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, Chris loves keeping it real... REAL DUMB

Here he sounds like a moron, but he's still my favorite comedian of all time

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

I never liked CR in the first place.

His voice is irritatimg...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>