It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chris rock supports presidents decision on gun control... Just lost my respect for chris rock.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Chris Rock is a smart guy.
I just gained more respect for him.

He understands like most of us, that there is a huge difference between public citizens owning a conventional weapon to defend yourself/family .vs. having a weapon so powerful, that you could offensively, and effectively, mount an assault on a lot of people. That stupidity in the world is done, and good riddance to it.

Flame me all you want, but if something went down so big that you had the added opportunity of pulling out a weapon like that, what would be coming after you would have something much bigger.

QUOTE:
"He understands like most of us, that there is a huge difference between public citizens owning a conventional weapon to defend yourself/family .vs. having a weapon so powerful, that you could offensively, and effectively, mount an assault on a lot of people. That stupidity in the world is done, and good riddance to it."

Ya lost me on the part "having a weapon so powerful, that you could offensively, and effectively mount an assault on a lot of people"

First off, it's not an assault that the need for assault weapons is aimed at, but instead as a Defensive weapon when you are assaulted with usually overwhelming power by those who wish to overpower you. ie. an out of control government or it's agents bent on imposing tyranny or dictatorship, contrary to our Constitutional Rights.

And a second point, assault weapons have calibers comparable or smaller than conventional hunting rifles in 99% of the time.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Chris Rock is a smart guy.
I just gained more respect for him.

He understands like most of us, that there is a huge difference between public citizens owning a conventional weapon to defend yourself/family .vs. having a weapon so powerful, that you could offensively, and effectively, mount an assault on a lot of people. That stupidity in the world is done, and good riddance to it.

Flame me all you want, but if something went down so big that you had the added opportunity of pulling out a weapon like that, what would be coming after you would have something much bigger.

Obviously, like most of the people you are falling for the propaganda designed to abolish the Constitutional framework that ironically gives you freedom today..

and the POTUS is not the boss or America's daddy.. pathetic.. absolutely pathetic. How can you even stand behind an appeal to authority like that? Don't you know that is not how our system of governance works?

if your going to respect someone, it should be this guy standing up for the ideals & principles of America..

listen closely to what a real citizen sounds like.. especially the last part..

edit on 8-2-2013 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i didn't think he sounded like an idiot.. to me, he looked scared out of his wits.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeisalie
Whether you agree with him or not, he's a celebrity. And we all know most of them will say anything to draw attention to themselves.

IMO there is only one real 'celebrity' that has an opinion worthy of listening, and sadly he is no longer with us.

Rest in peace, Mr Carlin.

this guy?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

stupidity in the world is done, and good riddance to it.

Apparently it isnt done, several posts, including yours prove stupidity is still alive and well.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think Chris needs some civics lessons.

The President of the United States is not "our boss". He is an employee of the American people and can be removed at their pleasure, with just cause.

The President is not the parent of the American people. Yes he is elected to lead, but also to defend the Constitution. If he deviates from his sworn duty, then he is looking for trouble from his employers.

Overturning constitutionally supported practices of the American people, which have a 200 plus year history, on the basis of some recent tragedies, whose root causes are as yet unknown, smacks of panic and rule by poll.

I think the President should keep a steady hand on the helm of the ship of state and not start to zig zag wildly.

The 2nd ammendment is there for a purpose. It should be there. You can't resist a modern tyranny possessing the latest weapons, using your shotgun and your pistol. You need military grade assault rifles and military grade ammunition.

I didn't write the Constitution.

Much smarter people than me did. I don't think the American people should let the current crop of political bobble-heads remove the Founding Fathers of the country from the debate.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

The preident is not our dad or boss, he is our lord and savior

How about this guy?

edit on 8-2-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

it says it doesn't exist?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
am i the only person that picked up on the terrified look on chris' face? and who is the clergy man behind him who laughed when he called obama, dad?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

and the POTUS is not the boss or America's daddy.. pathetic.. absolutely pathetic. How can you even stand behind an appeal to authority like that? Don't you know that is not how our system of governance works?

I'd love to see you putting your political genius to work in a more practical manner than being unhelpfully sarcastic on a conspiracy forum. But wait, that's now how our system of internet works.

Obama is the POTUS. That is the highest official position of power any one man can hold in America. If our believing in that is pathetic, then you are obviously not American.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This thread just goes to prove that people here are way to political.

He is all of a sudden a bad comedian because of his comment???? numnuts!

"i lost respect for him" "im not watching his comedy again" lol.... wow MAKE SENSE!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

you mean like this?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So if one has a different opinion then they are not to be respected? Wow. What a frickin world we live in. :shk:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by BenReclused

I, honestly, don't believe that you watched the video.

The video is 41 seconds long. Of course I watched it, It's hardly taking a great deal of time out of my day here.

To try and discredit what I said, simply because I happen to be in favor of him stating his opinion here, in that way is, with all due respect, pretty weak to say the least. I mean to flat out believe I didn't even watch it because I'm stating that he said nothing idiotic, which he never, and that he's in favor of gun control - not an all out ban as some try to claim it as remember - in light of recent events - Is just silly, pointless and is hardly progressive discussion here.

edit on 8-2-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

If you watched the video, why do you keep claiming he that he expressed an opinion? He did NOT do so! He only expressed unconditional love. There is a HUGE difference!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
to be honest, other than the lies, obama seems like a pretty nice person.
chris, other than his racism, seems like a pretty nice person.
somehow it feels a bit unreal, like they are actually great people for real but are
playing some role out. i dunno. why so obvious? i mean chris was like, okay,
i uh, yeah, um, behave dad's watching bite ya on the as$ if you don't. so weird.
surreal even.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
So if one has a different opinion then they are not to be respected? Wow. What a frickin world we live in. :shk:

Dude this is more of a "he supported a democrat" more than anything. This is a political hatred in a sheep's clothing.

People acting like what Chris rock said going to affect them some tremendous way. Reason people are retarded is because they take things from other people(yes another human, with more money than you) way too seriously.

I watched his comedies, i love him!, his political ideologies are not my concern!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Some opinions are stupid.

Do you think that his statement that 'The President is our boss' connects with reality? The President may be the boss if you work for the Federal Government... but Chris Rock isn't on the federal payroll.....

Or is he???

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
If you watched the video, why do you keep claiming he that he expressed an opinion? He did NOT do so! He only expressed unconditional love. There is a HUGE difference!

See ya,
Milt

He did no such thing. He said he supported Obama. Said he was like "Dad and you gotta listen to Dad."

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
As I see it, the 2nd ammendment wasn't designed to ensure that the American people would put up a good showing against tyranny. It was deisgned to make sure that the American people were well enough armed to defeat tyranny.

If it were up to me there would be a fully outfitted militia in every town in America and a parking bay for an Abrams tank in every fire station.

But hey, what do I know, I'm just a "frostback" with his nose pressed up against the window of America's freedoms.
edit on 8-2-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
chris rock has always been very liberal and pro gun safety. why is this a surprise to anyone?

if you like his stand up then i can't see how you wouldn't know that.

also, just because he said the prez is the boss doesn't make him an idiot. he was just trying to make it simple. the majority elected obama to run the country. people take stuff to literal sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join