It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Democrats want gun manufacturers held liable for crimes committed with their guns.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
SOURCE

The owners and makers of assault-style weapons could soon be held legally liable in Colorado for crimes committed with their guns, if sponsors of a new gun-control package have their way.

I'm not even going to get into the parallels here - holding automakers responsible for car crashes, etc.

This is getting ridiculous. When is this insanity going to end?

IT'S ABOUT CONTROL, NOT GUNS.

Enter anti-gun shills to repeat the tired narrative over and over.... and go.

edit on 7-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It's funny that they don't even address the fact that most crimes are committed with hand guns, and that "assault style" weapons are involved in less than 5% of crimes annually. Lets just keep pretending that there isn't an agenda here and everything will be alright.

link   
well, not reading the story..and I see its faux news..therefore the technical are probably wildly different than reality.

But ya...the concept itself is just stupid.

Now, what would be a good law would be holding accountable any dealer (public or private) whom willfully and knowingly sells a gun to someone whom shouldn't be getting one to any crime committed by that gun. That would certainly make someone make sure to be responsible.

link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Of course they do.

Next:
Cutlery manufacturers for fat people.
Pavement companies for potholes.
Al Gore for the internet

We can play this game all day.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Sad, sad,sad that our so called leaders do everything in their power to ignore the real issues. Blame those who make the tool instead of those who misuse them. Funny thing is the fire arms industry is one of the few that is thriving in this economy. Another method for larval politicians, I mean lawyers to make a name for themselves.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Huh?

It's already a felony for an FFL holder to sell a gun if purchaser is known to be lying on the 4473 form....

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Now, what would be a good law would be holding accountable any dealer (public or private) whom willfully and knowingly sells a gun to someone whom shouldn't be getting one to any crime committed by that gun. That would certainly make someone make sure to be responsible.

They couldn't do that. Holder and the ATF would all be up a well known creek without a canoe. Just because something comes from fox doesn't make it false. just like a story from CBS or MSNBC isn't automatically true.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Now that's just asinine! Next they'll be convicting the parents of murderers for birthing such a child.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Huh?

It's already a felony for an FFL holder to sell a gun if purchaser is known to be lying on the 4473 form....

Right. Just saying in addition, it should be charged with aiding in whatever crime is committed.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
OK, as long as I get to sue the car manufacturer of the car the next guy that rearends me is driving! As long as I get to sue silverware makers for making me fat, and just as long as I get to sue the pencil company for causing me to mis-spell words. No problem.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So everyone that kills someone while driving a car will know that all car manufacturers will be charged for making that model as well? Where do some of these idiots get their brains from? How can the gun makers be liable?
Thought it bad that we in the UK have soon to pay extra tax if we have more that one bedroom in the house come this April but that seems to be worse! Crazy......

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone realize this is one of the reasons the founders placed the 2nd Amendment into the U.S. Constitution? Making it a basic right, with a statement "shall not be infringed" is supposed to prevent just such fear-based madness from disarming the public, making it possible for a corrupted government (with a standing army) to completely rule over citizens with no recourse of their own to stop such action.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yes, more laws, that will cure the problem.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

It all boils down to
No one is responsible for their own actions..
When will it end?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well they made the cigarette companies PAY and everyone applauded the LUNACY...Yes, I can see how they might try something like this and expect it to get results. It took years to take down the tobacco companies, but gun manufacturers probably could be defeated in a similar amount of time.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
That's fine..........as long as federal and state agencies who collect taxes on cigarettes.......are held accountable as an accomplice to every smoking related death. Approx, 470,000 a year.

if I sell somebody something that kills them, I'm held accountable. There's no excuse to sell a product that contains multiple carcinogens and get away with it because there's a warning label on it.

Put a surgeon general's warning on guns, that should solve the whole issue. Regardless of what law is passed, I will always own whatever I want.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It makes perfect sense. Silverware makes us fat.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Well screw it, I was holding off on this but I'm just going to have to go through with it now. I'll be filing a class action lawsuit soon to hold God accountable for all the bad shizzo that's happened to each and every human on this planet since the beginning of mankind. We might as well go right to the source for all of this mess.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Pretty Ironic since TPTB are the largest gun manufacturers. Who do we blame when the U.N peacekeeping forces misuse their firearms?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Oh so then Ford should be held responsible for all accidents?

Guess who's getting a new truck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join