It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep Calm and Nom Nom Nom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm nomnom. I have been lurking a long time, but never really felt like I could contribute so never signed up. Well I believe that I may have something cool to share, so decided to join the crazy train. I feel like life on this planet is at a crossroads, and there is no way of going back to where we once were.

Did you people know that our genome has 3% rabbits, and 2% chicken in us due to vaccinations? That means people alive today are more different from humans 100 years ago, than those humans were from our great ape ancestors! I think evolution is on the fast track, and it's about to take a bizarre turn.

In my mind, we have two major factors which must be focused on to get a rough assessment of the state of things. Many people here don't believe in AGW, so for that crowd just put "nature" in place of my ramblings towards anthropogenic climate change. I believe that the rate of change in climate has now breached a threshold where positive feedback mechanisms make current climate models obsolete. We don't seem to be assessing all the interactions between the positive feedback mechanisms, and so I believe our predictions are way off. I think we are beginning to see the consequences of reaching "tipping points", and will continue to see unpredictable, non-linear responses to greenhouse gas emissions.

That is the first thing I hold in mind. The second thing is the rate of technological progression in general. I think we've entered the beginning stages of the technological singularity. Kurzweil is a genius, and though he may not be spot on in every respect, I value his line of thinking. I think we will see incredible transhumanism advancements this century.

That is the second thing I hold in mind. I think there is a race between destroying this planet as a habitable source for the species as is, and technologically transcending our current limitations. I hope that as we start to see terrible climate fluctuations that threaten civilization as is, we innovate not only the current infrastructure, but also our bodies with transhuman advancements, so that some of us will thrive in this ever complex terrain.

I'm not a prophet, but am pretty intuitive. Who knows for sure how this all plays out? What seems to be the case, is that the government has known of the unsustainable nature of our current social contract. They know that there are limitations to growth, and that a complete reworking of our morality, ethics, and biology must be had in order to move forward. It seems logical that multiple contingencies have been thought out well in advance. When you realize think tanks are often sponsored by governments, and transnational corporations, it becomes obvious that some of our resources, and best minds are working on projects towards sustainable, long-term goals, that we likely can't fathom in all it's complexities.

So that's my focus into what may border on the esoteric. I don't think there is some evil TPTB, NWO out there. I think there are wealthy individuals who are pushing their beliefs, and goals out there. These people simply have larger spheres of influence than you or I likely do. Some are merely greedy bastards, but that leaves some to be really wanting what's best for the species, however much we may agree with their methods.

Personally, I think some of us will make it through no matter how bleak the picture truly is. I see, in the not so distant future, governments clamping down on individual rights to keep control, and people going berserk as they begin to comprehend just how far we've overshot in multiple departments. There will become a rift between the haves and have nots the likes of which we have never seen, until the haves are categorized as a new species all together. The innovators, and early adaptors of transhuman technologies will be placed into protected zones, while the rest will either be left to fend for their selves, else be wiped out. How? There's too many possibilities to bother trying to pinpoint even just a few. Just think about it for a bit.

What comes out of this is novelty. Something so beyond what we currently are, that the ones who remain don't even bother to mourn the death of our current species. They are beginning to colonize the stars, and eventually will forget this planet all together. We are history in the making. Enjoy every moment of every day, for we all are gifted beyond belief.

Hello and welcome to my world!

xD

nomnom
edit on 7-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the genome fact, would love the source for that!

Welcome aboard comrade.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Hi

Welcome
edit on 7-2-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

That was a real good intro. Welcome to ATS !!

Have fun !

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Welcome to the site Op.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
WOW, the most informative "Intro" I ever read on ATS yet

I've been lurking for a while too, but skipped the intro without further ado...

because I can't write like you!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

A tidbit picked up over the years. Tried to source a reference. No dice so far.

reply to post by SLAYER69

Ty

reply to post by SonoftheSun

Ty

reply to post by thedoctorswife

Ty

reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Ty
edit on 8-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

I challenge you to prove yourself wrong in time.

edit on 8-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Okay so you landed and have many I believes, I holds, and Me thinks... I come here to remind you that this site needs a bit more than that.

Help everyone to understand but also show us where you get that from.

Just a welcome reminder...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The only thing I can see in the OP that could be asked of a source already has.

Everything else relies heavily on intuition.

There is no one source for these intuitions.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

Who are you calling a chicken? - signed: Swan.

Just kidding. That's a very fun fact to know, lol! ATS needs people like you. You're a breath of fresh air! Hope to see ya around!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hi!

new topics

top topics

join