It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Orb heading north Now!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

They are not moving on the same path as the iss. He used mspaint to put that bright red arrow pointing north on it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

They are not moving on the same path as the iss. He used mspaint to put that bright red arrow pointing north on it.

^ i thought that would be obvious.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I was talking about satellite orbits in general, not just the ISS.

By the way, the ISS does not always travel along the same path (i.e., above the same points on earth) on each orbit. Each successive orbit moves the ISS slightly west of the previous orbit -- just like the OP shows in his image.

None of this answers my question as to how he can extrapolate the path of an object based on only seeing a VERY tiny portion of it from the ground, plus having no idea how fast the object is moving (since apparent speed varies with height, and he has no way to determine height of the object).

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Ok, i got ya
and yes i do know the iss path changes. It just seemed you and a few others just wernt noticing the arrow.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I was talking about satellite orbits in general, not just the ISS.

By the way, the ISS does not always travel along the same path (i.e., above the same points on earth) on each orbit. Each successive orbit moves the ISS slightly west of the previous orbit -- just like the OP shows in his image.

None of this answers my question as to how he can extrapolate the path of an object based on only seeing a VERY tiny portion of it from the ground, plus having no idea how fast the object is moving (since apparent speed varies with height, and he has no way to determine height of the object).

the image on the map was an accurate position for the iss at the time of the post. i used that as the foundation for my red arrow

about all the calculations.. theyre not amazing.. theyre just averages and predictions based on those averages. let us focus on the data on the objects please.
edit on 8-2-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's probably just a number one billiard ball.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Originally posted by 0mage (page 0ne)

another one just took off, to the sunset side of orion.

Took off from where?
"Took off" indicates a point of origin.

edit on 8-2-2013 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
Originally posted by 0mage (page 0ne)

another one just took off, to the sunset side of orion.

Took off from where?
"Took off" indicates a point of origin.

edit on 8-2-2013 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

well they take off from points in the sky at times. sometimes u see them move across the whole sky but other times. one of the stars just starts moving. so it's like i said.. took off from the sunset side of orion. ud have to find orion in the sky and look to it's sunset side. following? or is that still too complicated? they enter and leave atmosphere. once i was lucky to see a star go from a fixed position to moving across the sky and exitting into space. so some of them can be hovering there for an undefined period of time before they start moving.
edit on 9-2-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by 0mage

Getting some pics is probably a good idea

~Tenth

it's tough with a cameraphone, the objects have to be decently bright to show up. i need a new camera that's what. an old fashioned analog type.

I agree - a good camera would be an asset for what you are trying to do.

Old analog cameras might work, but it's much easier with a modern DSLR. With analog you have to wait for film to be processed, but with a DSLR you can see your image immediately, and it won't cost you anything. A DSLR when set properly will record the time of your exposure to within +/- 1 sec (accuracy can help with identification), and will also record other useful exposure info, unlike analog.

Fast (sensitive) B&W film will be about as sensitive as DSLRs from around 7-9 years ago, which are cheap and easily available right now on the used market.

A good lens is important - it needs to be fast (F1.4 or faster ideally), and a fairly wide angle if used on the most common type of DSLR which has a "cropped" sensor (which has the same effect as using a longer lens) compared to a "full frame" sensor (equivalent to the size of a 35mm film negative). Having a reasonably wide angle lens will help you catch more of the sky/track of an object, and give you a better chance of imaging constellations that you can identify. A 24mm F1.4 lens is the best to use for this type of work IMO, but they are fairly expensive. 35mm F1.4 is a good alternative, and a bit cheaper, but it's by no means ideal for the reasons I gave above. 50mm lenses have too narrow a field of view on a cropped sensor IMO, and even on full frame they are not ideal, but they are cheap.

I've put together a list of kit that I'd recommend based on current UK prices x2 to give a rough idea in USD, but I'd recommend you check prices yourself. It's not cheap, but it'll work for what you want to do (just as long as you keep track of which constellations you are photographing or get good at identifying stars), and you'll also have a good quality starter kit for general photography.

Canon 20D (used) $150
Samyang 35mm f/1.4 $700
Tripod/head $150
Cable release (chinese-ebay) $5
Memory card (Transcend 4GB) $10

Total $1015

I picked the Canon 20D because I own a few of them, and use them for photographing meteors, but they also catch satellites and planes with ease when combined with a fast lens. They are old, but still work very well, even better than some newer DSLRs (although it may not seem so unless you are familiar with how sensors/ISO/noise reduction work).

The best upgrade from this kit IMO would be a used Canon 5D body, which is more sensitive, and you'd have a wider field of view - a good combination for a 35mm 1.4 lens.

You might also find the following threads useful, including some examples taken with my own cameras (including a 20D, although I was not using the most sensitive settings/lens in this case):

How to view, track, and identify satellites
Flashes and Star-like objects that move strangely in the sky explained

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

well they take off from points in the sky at times. sometimes u see them move across the whole sky but other times. one of the stars just starts moving. so it's like i said.. took off from the sunset side of orion. ud have to find orion in the sky and look to it's sunset side. following? or is that still too complicated?

There can be a few reasons for this:

1 - When a satellite is emerging from Earth's shadow into the sunlight, it can suddenly become visible. Good satellite tracking software will tell you where in the sky the boundary will be. I posted recommendations in the threads I linked to above.

2 - When a satellite that was previously in the sunlight, but too dim to be obvious/visible, a highly reflective part of the satellite (panels/solar arrays usually) can rotate to the right angle for the satellite to brighten many hundreds of times and become visible. This is known as a flare, and usually does not last more than a few seconds before the angle is starting to be wrong for an intense reflection, and the satellite gets dimmer again.

3 - If a distant aircraft is traveling more or less towards you, it will appear to be more or less stationary (for all intents an purposes, it looks just like a star) until it changes heading. These will only occur just above the horizon in the lower part of the sky.

they enter and leave atmosphere.

How would you tell an object that is entering/leaving the atmosphere from one that is becoming brighter/becoming dimmer?

Becoming brighter/becoming dimmer is what satellites often do, but it's also possible for aircraft and other objects depending on the circumstances.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

thank u for ur time and opinion. u sound well informed and your explanations make sense. with over 3000 satellites in the sky all around the earth.. i could be seeing any one of them.

there's one more thing.
most satellites travel at a steady speed and move smoothly across the sky. would a satellite be able to make 'S' curves while racing across the sky?

a sighting i had not too far back was to see one head south.. covering the sky in 30-45 seconds. then about 2-3 minutes later it came back up along the same path, but also made an S-curve among a couple stars meandering around them so to speak.

what would u think of this?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

most satellites travel at a steady speed and move smoothly across the sky. would a satellite be able to make 'S' curves while racing across the sky?

a sighting i had not too far back was to see one head south.. covering the sky in 30-45 seconds. then about 2-3 minutes later it came back up along the same path, but also made an S-curve among a couple stars meandering around them so to speak.

what would u think of this?

It's a common optical illusion (that experienced satellite observers and many astronomers are aware of) which is related to the autokinetic effect. Basically it's the autokinetic effect with moving objects rather than stationary or nearly stationary objects. When photographed, these objects will have a straight path in the sky, and can usually be identified as being satellites. See the second link/thread I posted in my first post for a bit more info on the subject.

Also orbiting satellites tend to follow quite similar paths in the sky, especially "constellations" of satellites like the Iridium satellite constellation which are well known for their spectacular flares (which can be tracked at heavens-above.com).

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I have no idea where the OP is coming from...
WHAT 'golden orb'???
Has this been discussed previously and hence I have no idea about it?
Who has seen this thing?
Photos? Video?

P.S. If boony happens to read this, I have no way to contact you!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
i am concluding this thread and the topic of ufos with the result 'inconclusive utilizing readily available scientific tools'. we may have e.t on this planet, but it's not going to proven with video of moving stars which could be drones or satellites. i am now no longer interested in any form of ufo videos unless they are absolutely profound. and by that i mean breaking news on all media of an alien engagement with the world population. the kind u wont need to scrutinize to know it's real or true. thus for now, im putting away all my scientific observation tools on the matter. if we're going to find proof of otherworld life it wont be with these consumer tools and civilian level information.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I have had many sightings and some were chased by black choppers and had more exotic surveillance. But, am very pleased to not have had a camera working at the time, and to not have it glued to my fingers while out. Testimony is what describes things, all a moving light can ever do is back up testimony, but if they don't believe the testimony, then.... All people can do is be honest, share, speak up what they have, find others who are doing so and support them, and shine this light. Its like a school, with a test, and everyone is on their own journeys on this so no one can force another, and unless there is a magical time of wrapping it all up and disclosing from on High, and there is no proof of that kind of cycle, though have read many many threads and articles about it, then many souls aren't even here for this, they're trying to overcome anger issues, or other things, judgments on others, police state values from another system even, who knows, souls are here for many reasons. Their own souls would nudge them into it.

But of course, sharing is good, the more information and truth is out there, the more people will be able to be nudged by their souls to opening their eyes on issues that they need to if they're seeking.

So don't give up on sharing, just view the idea of videoing anything carefully. I don't see alot of value in them, but at the same time, for all the countless unusual ones average people capture with shaky hands Im stil happy they're getting it out.

Also always thought a thread about known things, ie. planes, comign in at various heights and angles, day time, night time, approaching, departing, what shows, what it sounds like. Jets and their sounds lights, choppers, balloons. A thread to explore the what is category, so you can more easily outline the anomalies, with the critical defining testimonies, would be great.

Otherwise, wouldn't even want a camera for my sightings.

I have a thread on some BC sightings and a video report from those associated with BC UFO was put on it, it was quite a long video, and the one giving the talk had a cold, but nonetheless:

Post and video here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just around 10 57-59, Martin, the director of UFOBC, points out a time when, someone was seeing a UFO, so he reached in his pocket for his camera, and instantly the UFO faded, then he put it back and the UFO came back.

So, not sure people are meant to , and the MIB are real. And I've seen them, really alarming. Don't recall anything to do with an actual message, just seeing them was the message, and they were gone!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have a video, actually 2 or more, can't remember would have to look for them, of a red orb craft. I know what the shape was as it came in. There is more than a week, can't remember now how long, and 3 sitings of a strange craft, and then a week or so later a soundless passenger looking plane. I only put it on one thread to show why not to post your videos. People thought it was a light on mountain. There are little hills to the southwest direction behind the school, BUT there is no mountain behind the school. The only possibility for a light is on the other avenue, at the end of our street which is several blocks down, then down that avenue to the library and a tall hotel that has a tower on top and could have a light. That tower should not be where the craft was. However, I always explore all the possibilities. What if they knew I had pulled over a week before when my mother and I saw this craft, odd plane looking though (and I believe Black Op) across the road, and it flew off slowly the minute we pulled over, soundlessly by the way, but was there for minutes since I left the store and drove out of the parking lot, and down a couple blocks, it was stationary in the air. No one had pulled over and everyone ignored it. I even wondered if it was for an event of some kind that I didn't know about.

But, the minute I pulled over, it slowly, and soundlessly flew off. This craft was roughly small plane size but short bent wings that angled into the body, with elbows, very short, and fat kind of body for plane. Never seen anything like it, but it didn't resemble a blimp, it looked real!!! Plus had no idea if it was, why it would flown off when I pulled over.

So I thought, have chased my craft sightings with choppers and have us tagged, so what if they flew the same thing over the school behind my place, twice, on two separate occasions, either twice in a week, or a week apart. I don't remember now the dates. But roughly in February, 2011. Maybe they hoped i would video it. But they turned on that light, and it was showing in that spot, even though it shouldn't and what if the plane just disappeared, stealthed?

Well I don't think so. Just checked out my old video and did a comparison of the two different zoom outs to show the school, and the "stationary' red orb/light, is at one height over the school in reference to one of the school lights, and in another spot when I zoomed out, it is higher. So its not stationary light.

Anyway, wish I could have video'd it leaving, that would have made the difference.

But it was Feb, and I had socked or bare feet, and went onto the back porch for a smoke, had the camera with me, and had just finsihed recharging batteries. My camera life is a nightmare as it is. Due to kids using it, rarely have batteries recharged, usually download cord missing, its a abnormal size usb to camera and can't buy it in town, have to mail order it from amazon. I feel very lucky when I even have it.

So, here is the testimony. 1. This may have been the same craft I saw 3 times, spanning over a week, don't remember how long, could have been a week longer, but it was roughly Feb. 2011. Saw odd looking craft outside pricesmart foods, with my mother and when I pulled over it flew off. Then twice saw, what looked like an outline of the same stubby wings, the ones with elbows, fly in over the school. The last time it did that, I had my camera on hand or nearby, don't remember which, but bare feet. Took a few short and really crappy videos. The longer one near end already has the object over the school where it is soundlessly hovering. I thought in that video to zoom in and out, to show the school. For the ones mentioning a stationary light, It Has Different Heights in relation to the school light, in 2 different zoom outs.

There is no mountain there behind where a car could be winding down a road.

My feet nearly froze off, but it was there for a while, so I ran in to grab my slippers by the computer and ran out, and it was gone. Would love to have captured this suspicious black op thing IMO, probably crop dusting the schools with virus's, flying off, like it went off when we pulled over and like I watched the second sighting fly off, when I didn't have a camera.

Last sighting of a really diffrent jet like craft, between schools on a backroad, driving my son over to grandpa's, it was hovering soundlessly, maybe 200 feet up, thats a guess. I said, oh look a soundless hovering plane, and pulled over, and it also flew off.

I also have a very short brief video on a real plane sound at night in comparison.

But what is the point of even posting any of them? None! Plus those are not ET! And I didn't get to capture it leaving. The plane sound one might be interesting however. They're loud!!!!

By the way, a small craft with elbowed wings, looks like a small red orb on video, with a kodak kodak easyshare z1012is.

And that is the difference between testimony, I know I pulled over, my mother was there, I saw them arrive, and a crappy video!

edit on 13-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Im also a tad psi and have been taught through various experiences to trust my insight. I have very strong suspicions of what was over the school twice and even inbetween the 2 schools on a back road.

This mans image and energy even, just strong invasive vibing, came all night long.

4.bp.blogspot.com...

I thought, this is why everytime school starts, everyone gets sick!

edit to add on the above testimony, if I had sensed something before hand and had warm feet to begin with, and the camera on hand, I could have captured what I saw, this odd looking craft slowly moving in from the south roughly, to over the school, at about 200-300 feet or so, you could add a 100 feet, I don't know, lower than most small planes fly. And, would have been able to capture if flying off like my second sighting of what probably the same craft, BUT, even if I had, it would still have been a small red orb on the video. So it really didn't matter. People would still hate that anyone bothered to upload that.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm interested in this. It seems very strange.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join