It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat B*****d sues doctor for his self imposed Liver cancer, wins $350,000

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

We can blame him or we came blame this litigious world we live in or the legal system that allows such crap..

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Several things come to mind here:

$350K doesn't qualify for the Darwin awards, though here, it does show that stupid can still be terminal.

Frivolous lawsuits will continue as long as there are frivolous lawyers.

And, doctors are people too.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
He can buy a lot of McDonalds with that kind of money.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

You should not be so emotionally invested in such a topic unless it hits home for a reason. Cases like this happen everyday from skinny/fat/regular people who are always out to try and make bank anyway/anyhow and suing has become an easy way of doing just that.

It affects all of us. The doctors liability insurance goes up,thus the doctor bill goes up to you and your insurance company.Then your premium rises higher to cover this BS.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

I dont have anything against large people and have genuine sympathy for overweight people who because of genes or diseases cant lose weight but this just takes the piss.

I don't have anything against other people's choices, either. Because it's not my problem.

BUT - it becomes MY problem when people are REWARDED FOR BAD CHOICES and that reward comes out of MY POCKET (taxes I pay).

------------------------

I have been overweight for years, and it turns out I have a condition causing it. Since the day I found out, I have been researching what I needed to do to maintain a healthy lifestyle despite it. So far - 10 pounds down and still losing. Because of this "condition" I'm going to have to bust my azz to stay a healthy weight for the rest of my life. What a PITA! I'm just happy to know the cause and be able to do something about it finally. I will never believe that someone didn't know instinctively that being overweight was unhealthy. I understand the psychology of it now, and how defeating it is when you honestly try and nothing happens. But that isn't an excuse.

By the way - my particular condition - patients in the USA are told, "oh, you have this, you will always be overweight." A good friend of mine is Danish, and one of the most in-shape people I know, and she has the same thing. She said, "nonsense!" and she's helping me lose the weight. I feel very grateful that I was not diagnosed with this inside the USA.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Much respect mate

Wish I could give ya more than 1 star.

A good mate of mine also has a condition that makes his metabolism work very slow, hes 5'9 and 2 years ago was 98KG, today hes 74 KG (still 5'9 though)

Hes given up coke and other sugary drinks but eats what he wants and just makes sure he excercises.

I wish you luck dude

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It's all good. He's fat and has cancer. He has lost!
edit on 9-2-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

This is just one symptom of a much wider problem .... personal responsibility ......whether it is the government of the corporate world they don't want you to do things for your self ... there is no profit for it .....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join