*Wow must watch* NDAA Lawsuit update: Hedges v Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have to be honest, I wish this particular topic was more discussed here on ATS.

This case is huge and needs a lot of attention, the judges all need to know that all eyes are on them and if they decide to 'go along' with tyranny, that they will be held responsible.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I wonder why Obama didn't talk about drone strikes, kill lists and indefinite detention tonight? If he believed in it so much that he would exercise those powers and feel that they are justified, he could face the American with a serious face and address these severely controversial issues head on.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I was thinking that too. To be honest I don't have terribly much against his domestic policies, though I fear his new 'green' push is just going to equal more money in the hands of Big Oil/NatGas... but his foreign policies, what he's doing in the name of the war on terror... YIKES!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Unfortunately everybody rather talk about Chris Dorner than the larger issues that affect us.

The media controls the narrative, again.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

In a sense, you answer your own question in your following post.

People don't talk about this because the media don't talk about it. At least they don't ask the hard questions, and do not take any sort of moral stand. Judging from their words, they are incapable of distinguishing right from wrong or legal from illegal.

It's a sad state of affairs.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I feel disappointed because ATS used to be above being led to discuss topics the mainstream media obsess over.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just read today that Cornel West called his President a war criminal in public.

Which the war criminal certainly deserves. He governs like Bush on steroids.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

NDAA news:::
US Supreme Court DENIES application to vacate stay in #StopNDAA lawsuit.
This means that the emergency stay which was placed on Judged Forrests' ruling against indefintie detention in September 2012 will remain in effect.
Now we wait on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals' ruling.

Just got that on my facebook feed.

Ugh

That doesn't bode well Judge Forrests' decision to remain.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
No, her decision was reversed by the higher court, USSC denies cert, so her decision is thrown on the dust pile of history, permanently. A sad comment on the state of the federal judiciary and constitutional governance.

No surprise for me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join