It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mossmorran refinery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

Originally posted by shauny
reply to post by scotsdavy1

It would be the first time ever.
If there was no loud bang I probably wouldn't have posted.

Everyone I am speaking to on Facebook is saying "What has happened over in fife" I am North West Edinburgh.

I'm in Ayrshire so obviously I wouldn't see or here anything but have been scouring all the news channels etc and cany find anything about it as yet....

If you look here you will see how it lights up the night sky when you look over to it

edit on 7-2-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

Honest mate I have seen this every night of my life, with snow clouds, rain clouds, I never seen it this big.
If this is normal. what was the bang? and why is Facebook all talking about it?

As I said, hope I am wrong.

Ta
Shaun

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

And your an example of apathy, why bother posting?

Photos have been posted and reports from the public have been made about an unusually loud sound coming from a plant dealing with volatile chemicals.

We are all seeking the truth here, you are choosing to assume everything is as it should be.

I feel that this thread is warranted and worth investigation by those who wish to, you can be on your way if you dont want to participate.
edit on Thu Feb 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

no - i have assumed nothing - but i have confirmed that no incident has occured at the mossmorran facility - however the flare stack IS unusually bright tonight - as they are burning off large quantities of gas to keep system pressure withing limits

the relevant autorities are waware of this - and this action is both safe and approved

so much for my alledged " apathy "

and as i say - ZERO evidence - the OP is in " north west edinburgh " - at least 15 km from the plant - any " massive noise " he may have heard - there is no evidence it was from mossmorran

everything else in this thread - upto my post is just hysterical rambling

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
PS - if you want to actually do something to verify this tail - try making the 3 phonecalls i did

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

GIVE IT A REST.
Do you just complain on the internet all day?
I live near this and its a scary big things.

The cancer rates near this are UNREAL.
So please, put the pacifier/dummy back in.
THIS IS WHAT THIS FORUM DOES.

Kindest Regards oh perfect one

Shaun

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
oh - and one last thing - this thread does not adhere to the rules for " breaking alternate news "

the apathy is not mine - i just coment on it

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by MDDoxs

no - i have assumed nothing - but i have confirmed that no incident has occured at the mossmorran facility - however the flare stack IS unusually bright tonight - as they are burning off large quantities of gas to keep system pressure withing limits

the relevant autorities are waware of this - and this action is both safe and approved

so much for my alledged " apathy "

and as i say - ZERO evidence - the OP is in " north west edinburgh " - at least 15 km from the plant - any " massive noise " he may have heard - there is no evidence it was from mossmorran

everything else in this thread - upto my post is just hysterical rambling

So my posts here are 'hysterical rambling' are they? Think you should look in a mirror and see who is rambling, it is not me!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

PS - if you want to actually do something to verify this tail - try making the 3 phonecalls i did

You couldn't have said that in your 1st rant no?
You had to cause debate and then mention it on the 3rd one?

Yeah. No life

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Why not do that 1st time you posted here?
I HAVE FAMILY OVER THERE !!!!!!!!

No wonder people having a go at you
I never claimed this was ANYTHING.
I claimed a noise and then the biggest fire I seen there in my life.
If I am wrong, big deal.

This is what ATS is for.
You playing silly games

Kindest Regards

Shaun

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Found this article from 2011, this could be a somewhat regular, mind you unwanted occurance:

Excess flaring from a gas plant in Fife has sparked a number of calls to the emergency services.

A minor gas leak on Wednesday at Mossmorran in Cowdenbeath meant the ethylene plant had to be closed down for repairs.

When closed, more gas is released through the stack and the flaring gets bigger. The flame can be seen from parts of Edinburgh and the fire service have had a number of calls from concerned members of the public.

A spokeswoman from Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue said control staff were made aware of any excess flaring from Mossmorran or Grangemouth and dealt with calls appropriately. But she stressed they would rather members of the public called 999 if they thought there was a fire.

ExxonMobil, who run the site, said the flaring will be bigger than usual over the weekend until the plant is back up and running but stressed there was no danger to local residents.

LINK

Appears concerns over noises and rumbles from this plant have sparked calls to local emergency services before.

Update to date info would be helpful. Oh look!

If his report is accurate then we have the truth of the matter. ATS SOLVES ANOTHER MYSTERY...good work gang.

Ignorant_Ape instead of a unproductive comment you could have said "Hey, I gave them a call and said everything was okay". Maybe next okay mate

edit on 7-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by shauny

No much about it available yet...but I did find this picture that was uploaded moments ago.

www.rightnow.io...

A flickering sunset? Nope - view of Mossmorran flaring from rear of my house in Burntisland. Also plumes of smoke

Found another one:

twitpic.com...

the effect of mossmorran flaring from 30 miles away

edit on 7-2-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

Interesting...

I used to live in Burntisland.....

...I'll have to phone my friends and find out what's happening.

Hopefully it's just a big flare....if Mossmorran went up it would be huge...it's a big refinery....well Ethylene plant actually tho not as big as Grangemouth Refinery which also flares regularly....I can't remember seeing much of a glow from Mossmorran when I lived there...usually it was Grangemouth.

C...
edit on 7-2-2013 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This photo was posted to #mossmorran with a 12:37pm 7 Feb 2013 datestamp.

source tweet

That is impressive if only flaring.
edit on 2/7/2013 by Olivine because: add a link

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I live in close enough proximity to this baby to worry. The flare has been high today but i've seen it worse in all honesty.
I certainly haven't heard any loud bangs or explosions and believe you me - i certainly would hear it if this thing went up.

This refinery has been a constant source of concern as long as i can remember. It's been suggested that cancer rates are higher in areas surrounding it and i seem to recall a time when higher rates of miscarriage were also suggested.

Stay vigilant folks.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

That was more like what we seem, a mushroom cloud.
Looked scary, lol

Thank you

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

but i have confirmed that no incident has occured at the mossmorran facility

I volunteer for the Lochgelly site running the petition for air quality monitors and other initiatives connected to local issues created from living next to the plant (an admin can confirm my registered email address), and I'm afraid the quoted statement above appears to be misleading.

From what we've heard is that there was an accident at the plant, which resulted in a second accident, which caused the flaring. Flaring is a last resort practice to try and avert an emergency situation. We are still collating the details but early reports received from members of the public via SEPA are stating that it was a chemical leak. then on Saturday 9th February, there was another accident so elevated flaring has been extended upto another 78 hours.

December the 5th 2012 there was also another incident which was confirmed as a gas leak, and the 30th October there was a leak of Nitrous Oxide which resulted in more flaring.

There is great concern locally over the impacts of the plant, and these incidents are happening more frequently. There is also the concern that the continued noise and light pollution is having an impact on some residents, including stress related illnesses.

As for the loud bang that is being reported on the forum, I'm afraid I don't have any details. I personally never heard anything and I'm only 1.6km away, but that is not to say it never happened.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This time it was a gas leak, the flaring has been reported as having a 70 mile radius. On Twitter, the feeds on Mossmorran were showing photos taken from Edinburgh. The noise and light pollution is intense in my town, Lochgelly. You can see the full extent of the current flaring here: www.youtube.com...
...Btw, the 2011 'incident' was an explosion and the whole town and surrounding areas were woken-up at 3.30 am with a huge bang followed by massive flaring. This current flaring is one of the worst we've seen. The news we get from the plant is sparse and we are told each time that everything is under control, the emergency services are called out and are on stand-by each time. We have been tolerating this for years, recently becoming more vocal, our only redress so far is to complain to SEPA.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Terka because: Edit due to error with Youtube video

top topics

<< 1   >>

join