It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC not recognising my xd or compact flash cards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hi guys
I have a photo that i would like to upload to ATS but my pc is not even seeing them it doesn't recognise that they are even there.
I have a HP model p6107uk
running vista home
AMD ATHLON 7550 dual core
3 gig ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6510E n force (whatever that is)

Thanks if you can help, I tried system restore but no luck.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Hi guys
I have a photo that i would like to upload to ATS but my pc is not even seeing them it doesn't recognise that they are even there.
running vista home
3 gig ram

I've seen a few queries like this just today, most of the theories were about new installations on older equipment. I'll look back.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Sounds about right
I did install new drivers not so long ago
thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I can't speak for that model specifically but the models of HPs I deal with at work (6110,6510b,6710b,4510s,8430,8530) require an additional driver to be installed for the card reader to actually work. Windows, even windows 7, doesn't seem to pick up the device correctly

NVIDIA GeForce 6510E n force (whatever that is) it's your graphics card
edit on 7-2-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

HP is being a douche and won't let me search for your exact model because I'm not in the UK. Go to HP (the site in your region) go into support and drivers, search for your model, and find the card reader driver.

Or... in vista right now, go into control panel and verify you don't have any "unknown" devices or devices with a yellow exclamation.

I can't say for sure this is the issue, but my cards don't show up at all unless i install that HP driver, it should have been installed on your machine already, so I am confused. When i searched for p6107uk the closest i find is zv6107wm, probably because of my geolocation. It only provides drivers for xp and 2000....

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Like has been suggested, I would say ensure you have the most up to date drivers. If that still doesn't work, and it has worked in the past, try rolling back your drivers to a previous driver version.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Sounds about right I did install new drivers not so long ago thanks

New drivers for what? New cardslot drivers specifically? Other drivers won't effect that at all. Chipset drivers might.

====

the card is from a camera I assume? And, when in the camera, you can see the image on the card? Some old, really really old, digital cameras format the card with a strange format, even my 4 track digital recorder does this, the card will show up in windows but will either appear empty, or error when you try to navigate to it.

Is there another method of transfer available? Like a usb cable from the camera? Has this card ever worked in your pc. Is it a high capacity card? will say SD HC on it somewhere. If your laptop is as old as the HP drivers page is suggesting, you might actually have a card that isn't supported by your card reader.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Hi guys
running vista home
3 gig ram

Here's one HP forum, it also mentions different drivers for the different OS's,

forums.cnet.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You people are priceless
Thank you so much
Cody

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I used to have this problem, after updates, so I turned off updates. I went to Device Manager, the part with external memory devices, hit "uninstall" and afterwards I'd hit "scan for new" etc... That fixed it. Sometimes I've had to re-do it, but it only takes a minute.
Hope it helps.

top topics

join