It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choosing animals over people.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Some people spend millions saving little furry animals and abort their own offspring.

The state prosecutes you for shooting a dog but lets you kill your own unborn child for selfish reasons.

People protest about dolphin killings in Japan and say nothing of millions of unborn children being vacuumed up tubes or curt out and left to die in buckets.

We are a sick species
edit on 9-2-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

It's all going according to the plan

Muahahahahaha

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creep Thumper
reply to post by chrome413

I would save a human being first.

I'd have to think about that first. Depends upon who it is.

depends on the animal as well, a tiger would eat you

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

We had a huge feral cat problem...

Sounds more to me that the cats had a huge stoopid Human problem...

Careful that some intelligent E.T.´s don´t decide that there are "too many feral Humans" on your farm and give the Ceyotes a bonus snack.

One can only hope.

edit on 9-2-2013 by AuntieChrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I know where the OP is coming from, but if I was faced with helping an animal or a person my humanity would point me to the person. Like the OP, I love animals and am happy to walk alone with my dog all day in preference to walking with another person, but I would not hesitate to save a person over and above my dog.

Perversely, I love wild animals so much I would gladly see all cats (humanely) shot, but that’s another thread.

To the OP. Great deal of respect for people like you who devote their lives to animals.

Regards

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lupodigubbio
Basically the deal is this, I have received a considerable amount beef (both from society and family) for spending so much time, effort, finances and energy in creating the shelter for animals instead of working on human facilities for any of the several issues in my 3rd world home.

First of all I don't fully belong to "y'all" since I'm from another country, from some town with values and traditions you probably haven't heard of much or know like you do your close ones. I believe a lot of people have lost a lot of this important thing you speak of but not all of humanity. And I love animals and I would like to have one but currently I'm having trouble taking care of myself so I appointed a few insects running around the house which I consider my pets, like a few spiders.

The honest answer is: I don't care that much about humans. I care more about animals. It sounds cold, it sounds unnatural but it's the truth. There is just something that we humans have lost and animals still have that I wish we still had. Innocence maybe? Or perhaps it is all the human brutality that I have seen inflicted to the shelter, farm and wild animals?

Brutality usually comes from people who are frustrated because something happened which they don't understand enough. Which doesn't make it right but since you have to work with inflicted animals. You know, humans are animals too, we just don't want to perceive ourselves as such and pretend we have something more which really we don't. Ok, humans made spaceshuttles and nuclear devices which other animals can't make, maybe one day other species will evolve and it would be like Planet of the Dogs and you have these dogs running around in clothes, having parties, weddings, religious ceremonies.

But I don't know about your care, even if you care just a little bit about other life but your own then nobody should be giving you beef. Unless you like to cook, make burgers out of it and feed it to others ofcourse.

This, of course, doesn't mean I hate human beings or I won't help out from time to time, but If I had to choose between helping a person or an animal in need I would probably find myself at a very difficult ethical crossroad. Based on past experiences, I would go with my gut and probably choose the animal.

Anybody feel this way?

No, pets are there for comfort and reminders and they are taken in after it becomes clear there isn't enough love to go around. But humans would go first as I am human but if I were a dog I would choose the dog, it's kind of an animal rule. I could understand people going for the pet/animal/nonhuman life because they have chosen to as their primary concern but once humans are gone so will pets. Unless it would happen in the middle of nowhere with nobody else around but then you would have less chance of survival.
edit on 11/2/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd

Originally posted by Creep Thumper
reply to post by chrome413

I would save a human being first.

I'd have to think about that first. Depends upon who it is.

depends on the animal as well, a tiger would eat you

A tiger wouldn't necessarily eat a human, it depends more on how much food is around and if you are willing to share, like not taking more food than you should. And it depends on the tiger as well, if (s)he is in a good mood or not. Most importantly a lot depends on whoever owns the lands the tiger and you are on at the time of the actual encounter.
edit on 11/2/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Perversely, I love wild animals so much I would gladly see all cats (humanely) shot, but that’s another thread.

Sorry but it's crap like that that makes me crazy. Why not start culling humans instead? We do FAR more destruction to wildlife, ecosystems and habitats on a daily basis than any cats could ever pull off!

To the OP- I too prefer an animals company. I just feel like I 'belong' when I'm around other species. I had the great fortune to grow up around many types of animals, but especially horses. They are such lovely, noble and dare I say, magical beings. I have a place in my heart for all animals and have been lucky to work with many types. They can really open your heart and mind.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join