It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choosing animals over people.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Animals ( my pups especially) are my only real connection with reality. If an animal accepts you as there human or just trust you for some reason the love is "unconditional" something you will never get from a human................unless that human directs it back at the animal.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I love you for what you do, for what you feel towards the little ones that have been removed from having their own habitat on account of us and therefore are left with little in life to survive. I love you because you give a damn and are helping those little creatures that typically people don't pay any attention to. That you have made it your life's work to give them a sanctuary...................because nothing deserves to suffer at the hands of humans who have never taken it seriously to care for the earth that we have been given charge over.

It is always about the people...................even if that means the suffering of everything else.

Thank you..............and Bless you.

Personally I find peace with animals because they remind me of an existence that is without lies and the dishonesty of the heart which plagues humans.

In their presence I find a gentle peace that typically is not what I find with humans. With humans I have to constantly read the subtitles of what they are actually saying because most often even when they are honest they are still convoluted in some way. Animals are just what they are................and you don't have to read any subtitles to understand where they are coming from or what they are expressing.

So yeah I totally get it.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So do you eat meat?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I immediately perked up when I seen your thread title. Reason is, my 8 yr. old had this thing they had to write during fire prevention week. Long story short, it was time for parent teacher conference, she shows me what my son wrote about being a hero & saving his family from a home fire, only thing was, he wrote he would save all of his pets!! Lol...that's it!! No mention of his 2 older brothers, his older sister his mommy or daddy...lol...he does have a very odd affinity to animals & they him....we got a kick out of it...
He is such a sweet boy...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP
I am a misanthrope to the core. Honestly, I can't stand being around most people. If you've ever seen There Will Be Blood, I could be Daniel Plainview minus the desire for wealth, haha.

The world needs people like you just as much as it needs those that care more for people.

Animal cruelty is a cowardly offense. I say this as an avid meat eater as well. In my opinion there is a world of difference between torturing animals and killing them them for food.

There's not really all that much difference when the process of killing animals for food includes torture and cruelty.
Personally, I believe that life is life; all life should be revered, even the life of something we'd consider insignificant, like an ant. There only reason we revere ourselves over other animals is because we think we're special. Humans really aren't all that magnificent; the only thing we have going for us is our intelligence, and I sometimes I question even that when seeing how some people behave.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

So do you eat meat?

I eat 2 types of fish, once or twice a week. Wild caught sardines and wild caught tilapia. I also eat non-fertilized duck and chicken eggs. Those are my main protein sources. I just try to do what is right for me with as little damage to the animal kingdom as possible but trying to avoid nutritional deficiency-related illnesses. It works out ok, I'm in great shape and very rarely get sick. I also avoid all products that (to my knowledge) are tested on animals.
edit on 8-2-2013 by lupodigubbio because: typo

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Speaking from a disabled person's view, the reason why I prefer animals to people is because I have a more special bond with them that I can't have with humans.

I live in a house where people constantly yell at eachother, scream, fight, act brattish, etc. It makes me displeased when I have to deal with them, but when my stepdad's dog comes up to me looking for some pets, I give it to him.

I also believe that animals don't judge too, because I told my dog before he passed away that I'm trans and he didn't care. He just yawned and rested his head on my lap when I gave him pets.

OP, I'm glad you're helping animals in such a way and very thankful for it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You eat eggs.. So are you aware of this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

You eat eggs.. So are you aware of this?

www.youtube.com...

I'm very aware of this, I run a Sanctuary that in part houses farm animals, including hens. The eggs I eat are absolutely free range and come from my 2 year old duck wafoofi and my rescued chickens Mr. Cluck-Cluck and Piopio (among others) whom I live with at the shelter. Non-fertilized eggs, meaning, there is no chick inside them.

This is wafoofi.

edit on 8-2-2013 by lupodigubbio because: typo

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

How many people are ignoring there pets right now to type a reply?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

How many people are ignoring there pets right now to type a reply?

haha, unless they are at close proximity sleeping underneath the desk, on the bed, on the chair and on their owner's lap

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I wish every person was aware of this grim truth that you posted. That would put an end to eating anything that is not entirely 100% free range.

What disgusts me is the level of chosen ignorance that is all around us. That is people choose to not want to see or know the truth so that they can continue to live in their selective bubble, denying the utter exploitation, suffering and horror we bring into this world.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Then do the animals a favor and quit living as a human.
edit on 8-2-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lupodigubbio
For some reason, some people have more empathy towards animals than towards other human beings.

Are you sure you don't mean 'sympathy'?

It's the same reason many people are more sympathetic and protective towards children as opposed to adults- like children, animals are more helpless.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

There is something called balance..........................we could at the very least aspire to that and ensure that animals don't suffer.

I mean if we cannot change then we can at the very least do things in a way that doesn't cause so much harm and suffering. We could do things differently...................we could do everything differently. You imply that being a human means automatically that we are here to do what ever we wish upon all life.

You imply that what and how we are doing things now is 'normal'. Nothing is further from the truth.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

I agree with your post but these hatcheries supply to free range hen farms too. Buying free range is good for the hens but it doesn't change the hatcheries they come from.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I always make sure to buy free range from local farmers. This ensures that you are not tapping into the corrupt system. We aren't perfect by any means even those of us who try as best we can to limit our consumptive power of anything that is corrupt. The truth is that it is virtually impossible because of how the system is set up.

So we would have to literally boycott almost everything to change anything.

I would just like to see a world that does not impose suffering on the very living substance that it feeds on. I would like to see some fairness and consideration. I would like to see an attempt to do everything in order to avoid any suffering and take some responsibility in at least how things die.

The way we are treating and have been treating this planet implies that we care nothing for it's sustaining value or its life force that we are dependent on. We have been given one amazing planet but we treat it like a predator rapist, murderer and destroyer.

We treat it without value or understanding. If we understood the value and precious nature of it we would do everything in our power to sustain it in a loving nurturing. We would know that there is only one small world for our entire existence in the universe as long as we are in the flesh.

edit on 8-2-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I love animals. I have quite a few of my own, and love training horses and dogs. I run into the people who "choose animals over humans" all the time. I do not consider myself one of them and I feel at odds with their attitudes usually. They speak of how humans abuse, but in the next breath, have no problem saying they'll hurt or kill a human.

For me the problem is that humans ARE animals!
I am not talking anthropomorphism (seeing human characteristics in animals), but rather, the opposite.
All the same instincts one finds in animals, are also in humans. So, how then can one justify that they can see an animal do something brutal or violent, and say, "It is not their fault, they were defending themself from percieved threat" (or were asserting their dominance, protecting their territory, have a conditioned reaction to past abuse, etc.) without giving this same sort of comprehension to humans as well???

Humans do all that, they are just as vulnerable to being conditioned by experiences, and for the most part, are not consciously aware or in control of any of it!

How is it one can be interested in healing animals and not people?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Where do the local farmers source their egg laying hens from? If they breed them themselves, what happens to the male chicks? Before the industralization on a mass scale and the invention of these automated grinders, male chicks were either drowned, buried alive or gassed, because they weren't bred for meat. If I sourced my eggs from a local farmer I'd like him to answer that question. Personally, from what I've researched, I think the egg industry is more morally corrupt than the meat industry - and that's pretty disgusting too. But the irony is so many people go vegetarian because they love animals yet they consume "free range" eggs regularly without any idea of the cruelty involved at the hatcheries.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
guys, i cant give everyone on here a star, but i would

one question tho
ive heared this thing about the love of a dog, and i feel insecure now

they stated that love of a dog comes from Stockholm Syndrome, can someone plssss get this out of my head

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join