It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choosing animals over people.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Hey Man, That bestiality is nasty stuff. I am certain it is banned everywhere.
So just stay the hell away from my mule!
I mean it now.
Get the hell out of the barnyard.

I swear folks today are just completely twisted.

Talk about twisted, it sure sounds nasty, you should erase it from your mind and not bring it up in public forums, especially not as poorly designed "humor" attempts. Putting your immaturity aside, I do take care of bestiality victims. Their behavior changes completely and they are certainly one of the most affected kind of abuse survivors.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

s/f OP this is an interesting read..

I myself feel similar to how you do.. Ever since i can remember i have found it easier and more fulfilling to interact and help animals... Also because animals dont have their own voice to be able to stand up and say; Hey i need help people are hurting me..!

Whereas people do.. And yes peeps may find themselves in a situation where they feel they cannot speak out, but if they choose to they can, whereas the animals have no choice but to endure the suffering for as long as they can..

I just find there is something... special about animals. Something that we do not fully understand. They truly have a connection with us.

For example, take a pet dog, and the majority of pet dogs will 'know' when their owner is coming home. Some even know if their owners have changed their plan to come home..

I read a book recently that i just have to recommend, its by Rupert Sheldrake : Dogs that know when their Owners are coming home; The Unexplained Power of Animals.
Its a fascinating read, and a book i can relate too.
www.sheldrake.org...

I know my own dog knows exactly when im coming home, whether ive changed my plans, or whether im not going home that night..

Its incredible.. Even today animals surprise us constantly. There are more and more stories of predators coming to the aid of what is meant to be their prey, and nurturing that animal..

www.dailymail.co.uk...

cdin.us...

And this last video is a must watch, ive never seen or heard anything like this happening before..!

I truly feel we as a species, have a few things to learn from the other animals that inhabit our world. We just need to take some time to, stop, observe and listen.

peace fluffx

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

There have been some cases of animals in distress "asking" for help in their own way. They seem to be able to make it clear that they need a hand...

The above is one good example, there are more but I do not have time to look them up right now

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I am totally with the animals!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Oh i am aware that there are cases of animals asking for help... However, especially in cases of abuse it is not so clear cut.

My favourite clip of an animal asking for help, is this one of a koala bear later nicknamed Sam, who sadly died a few months after they rescued her.
She even puts out her little burnt paw for the fireman to hold.. Such a heart warming story.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

People who love animals more than humans have given up hope for mankind. I think those people have a lot of hate in there heart against humans. Not a good sign for mental healthness. I count on predictions of Alfred Wallace and Nikola Tesla: one day woman will rule the world. More chance that by then the good which is in all of us will prevail above the beast which is also in all of us (but less in woman).
But by that time we will long be gone. Any way don't give up hope.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zandra

People who love animals more than humans have given up hope for mankind. I think those people have a lot of hate in there heart against humans. Not a good sign for mental healthness. I count on predictions of Alfred Wallace and Nikola Tesla: one day woman will rule the world. More chance that by then the good which is in all of us will prevail above the beast which is also in all of us (but less in woman).

I don't think you understand one thing about human nature. If you're in the job market, avoid psychology.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zandra

By the way: I love animals

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PassiveObserver
Always choose the person.

If anything it is the animal aspect of mankind that is the root of all evils.

Get between an animal and what it wants it will kill you to get it.

I say this as an animal lover too. I currently have 5 cats and 4 fish tanks. would have a dog if I could too.
But animals are cruel things. they will always pick on or kill the weakest link.

Getting people to value animal life above human life is part of the agenda. Don't fall for it.

You couldn't be more wrong in my opinion.
The animal aspect of mankind does not inflict pain for the sheer enjoyment of inflicting pain. When a cat toys with a mouse it has no thoughts of the pain it may be inflicting, it's merely honing it's hunting skills, which is an act of survival and instinct. Humans inflict pain for enjoyment. Where do you see sadism in the animal kingdom? You don't - it's uniquely human.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
You're telling me nothing I don't already know. My wife and daughter think that the cats are more important than I am. Maybe they are right, the cats need taking care of while I can take care of myself.

Some animals need our help, others can take care of themselves, if we get them dependant on us it is not good. Making sure that these other animals have a good life while they live, like our livestock, is important to me even though I eat them and basically help cause their death.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I just find there is something... special about animals. Something that we do not fully understand. They truly have a connection with us.

I learned from living with my cats for 9 years, that they are mediumistic and can see through walls. While only very few people can see and interact with the deceased, like John Edward and James Von Prague, I witnessed many incidents of their mediumistic abilities and seeing through walls. My mom has a couple cats which are a totally different breed than my own, and they often display the same abilities. A really good example, is, well my dad, grandma, (on mom's side) and mom's dog, all died. She keeps all the ashes there at the house. Every night when she gives the kitties their supper, they first sit there and stare into the unoccupied darkened living room, and are being visually 'entertained' by someones, some things. No tv on. Too many example stories to go into, here.

Anyway, did you all know that elephants are artists?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Eedjee

Originally posted by Eedjee
Anyway, did you all know that elephants are artists?

That elephant is trained. He's not doing anything more than drawing the lines he was trained to draw.

Snopes

It's still cool and I love the dogs who "paint", but it's just training... not actual creativity. Although animals can be quite "creative", especially when it comes to ways of getting what they want.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zandra

I couldn't disagree with this more. It isn't hate toward humans that drives this. In every case I personally know about, including my own, it is simply a matter of identifying better with animals. I relate to them better. I don't especially dislike humankind but I certainly don't trust them. I trust animals. They are what they are. I have several reptiles. Sometimes they can be aggressive. It isn't meanness or hatred that drives them. It is simple nature. Humans on the other hand. In many cases they will do something hurtful just to make themselves feel pleasure or to feel powerful. No animal I have ever encountered does that.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I applaud you for what you are doing. I would have to admit that I feel more compassionate towards animals than humans, but that doesn't mean I lack compassion humans by any measure.

Animals don't generally play the type of mind games that people do, and although I have seen a pet cat (my sisters) act out of spite, she was a Siamese and normally was strictly my sisters cat, but during my sisters wedding preparations she decided she wasn't getting enough attention so for 2 days she ignored my sister and instead followed me around, she climbed all over me purring and totally loving me up, until she decided my sister had been punished enough, then out of the blue she took one swipe and hiss at me and ran to my sister like I was the meanie-head. It was hilarious, I didn't mind because there are certain breed specific tendencies in many animals kept as pets.

Animals generally not considered pets, such as wild animals for the most part will either run to avoid unwanted attention, or if they feel they are in danger they might attack what they consider their predator, especially when the animal is a female with young to protect. Their actions and reactions generally are driven by comfort, hunger, defense, safety and shelter. They won't attack you for money, steal your car, break into your house, or exploit your hard work to line their pockets and leave you scraping for crumbs. And they are unlikely to kill an entire species off just because they look scary, or dumb.

That last line is in memory of the Thylacine. The first definitive encounter in Tasmania was in 1792. In 1803 came the first European settlement. Blamed for attacking sheep, in 1830 fueled by bounties ,they were hunted extensively . In 1930 the last one was killed in the wild. In 1936 the last one in captivity died. Science has determined their jaws were too weak to attack sheep. 144 years after the first definitive sighting of the Thylacine it was rendered extinct by human hands executed for an act they were innocent and incapable of 1792-1936

And in memory of the Dodo, a large flightless bird that lived on Mauritius island which was uninhabited by humans until 1598, In the middle ages Arab ships had landed there but they did not remain, between 1507 and 1513 Portuguese ships had also visited but not remained. No records of the Dodo from these are known of. It is believed that ancestors of the Dodo and another flightless bird diverged around the Paleogene-Neogene boundary (approximately 23 million years ago giver or take a few), while the Mauritius islands volcanic in origin are less then 10 million years old, as such it believed that the Dodo originally flew and continued to do so for a considerable amount of time after parting from their lineage and settling on Mauritius island. With the lack of any mammalian herbivores competing for food, the birds were able to become quite large, and due to the lack of any mammalian predator or any other natural enemies they are believed to nest on the ground. Further information indicates that the male was larger than the female and the female only produced one egg at a time. Living in isolation from any significant predators the Dodo was completely fearless of humans, this combined with their inability to fly made them easy prey for sailors and in the first recorded mention of the Dodo in 1958 the Vice Admiral of the Second Dutch Expedition to Indonesia described the bird, including that the meat was good, other descriptions describe it as fatty but the belly and breast were pleasant tasting and easily eaten. One report tells of 24-25 dodo's that were hunted for food, but the birds were so large only 2 were needed for their meal the rest were salted and stored. Another account,widely accepted as the last verifiable siting of a Dodo describes how fearless they were of humans, although they could run quite fast, when approached they stood their ground, the men surrounded a number of them grabbing with their hands they were able to grab one's leg and and it made a loud cry at which point others Dodo's came running to it's aid which were then all captured.Despite these stories of human predation, archeologists have found scant evidence to demonstrate mass killings as the primary element in the extinction of the Dodo, Rather their introduction of animals foreign to the region such as dogs, pigs,cats, rats, and a primate called a crab-eating macaque which competed for the limited food resources, and destroyed Dodo nests. At the same time the humans were destroying the Dodo's forest habitat's. The impact of these imported animals and the destruction of the Dodo's forest habitat is considered to have had a more severe impact on the Dodo population than the hunting did. Less than 100 years after the first reported sighting of the Dodo's they were extinct 1589-1662

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
don't get me wrong, I "love" animals, especially dogs, but they are, ultimately, animals

For example if my house was burning my kids would be taken out before my dog

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
After chatting with some people here on ATS I can definitely understand how you feel. HAHA (i'm joking)

I love animals also. My dog brings me a level of comfort that I don't get from may people. And my cat is such a goof ball that thinks he is a person; I have to be careful because he has thing thing about drinking out of my glass. It's gotten to the point he will only drink water out of a Dixie cup. That being said, animals are animals and people are people. Any human life is more important than any animal life. I hope I would never be in a position to have to choose between saving two living creatures, but if I were, I would have to save a human being first.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

all I can say is, kudos to you...animals don't get nearly enough help

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

I would save a human being first.

I'd have to think about that first. Depends upon who it is.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Basically the deal is this, I have received a considerable amount beef

Errrr you entirely sure its beef?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I love animals very much. But thats not why we're here. Its about Family. The actual progression in the test relates to having understanding for your brothers and sisters, and walking in their shoes, and standing up and saying no to Corruption and helping one another. For those who can, its using gifts and talents to get ahead, so you can help others. Animals too. People first.

Looking after animals in need is a very valid calling. And some are specialized in what they do, just like vets work with animals. However, its the human dilemna, allowing leaders to enslave Family, and make them live in gruelling conditions, not only abandoned and neglected, but seemingly despised and hated, by a small group of middle class healthy ones, that is the huge huge test here.

And one that will cost many in terms of so much shame when they die and remember who they are and what bigger souls came down, to take on challenging roles, in abuse victims and handicaps, and they walked by them and spat on them.

It is unbelievable to hear people write this way. That is TPTB plan. Choose the ladder up to Family or the snake down to the Predator dog eat dog kingdom, snakes and ladders the game for real, the test.

You know everyone here. When you remember you're going to be really surprised.

The things a soul regrets on the other side, isn't whether they ever got to Italy or whether they even get to progress, its what they could have done for their beloved family, and didn't.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join