It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm very scared of going to hell, but I don't believe in hell

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by honested3

What I got from your post is something like this:

"Yes, those are very logical conclusions. I came to those conclusions a while ago as well. But you should do what I did: take logic, ball it up in your hand, lob it out the window, and just stop thinking! Everything will so much clearer!"

Thanks, but no thanks. If it's not logical, it's obviously illogical. And I'm not going to ignore that just so I can kiss some lazy psychopath's feet for all of eternity. After all the things I posted on this page, you'd have to be crazy to consider selling your soul to such an entity.
edit on 10-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You know something, just the fact that you're tangling with God shows that he has some relationship with you, and you have some relationship with him. Time to man up and handle your business. Take one step towards him, he takes two towards you. He wont' forgive you for all that trash your talking unless you say it to his face which we all know you wont' do, I'd bow down if I were you and let him handle your affairs, because when you die, who else are you going to turn to for protector or friend? Think about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

You know something, just the fact that you're tangling with God shows that he has some relationship with you, and you have some relationship with him. Time to man up and handle your business. Take one step towards him, he takes two towards you. He wont' forgive you for all that trash your talking unless you say it to his face which we all know you wont' do,

You don't know what I would or wouldn't do. Show me to his throne and leave the rest to me...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Even he's not taking you serious right now because you're not even a point where you can identify him on any radar, your anger and hate is really just an extension of some other personal problem, you do realize that right?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Even he's not taking you serious right now because you're not even a point where you can identify him on any radar, your anger and hate is really just an extension of some other personal problem, you do realize that right?

I'm not sure you really understand. I'm not angry or hateful. Those are two very unproductive emotions. I simply disapprove of the myth that Christianity continues to push, because it encourages us to rely less on our own power and more on the power of those who take our money every Sunday in return for empty words and false reassurances.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Alright, my man, now we're getting somewhere. I'm gonna tell you what you already know, organized religion is a sham, anything humans organize is a sham. When I was born, I came out doused in sucker repellant - phony # just bounces right off me.

Like I said. You know damn well the church has nothing to do with god, you know damn well organized religion has nothing to do with god, you know damn well that sunday service, the preacher, the hypocrites, back biters, fakers, have nothing to do with god. They all have nothing to do with god, so why are you letting yourself get distracted? See through it, have faith in what you know, don't fit in, don't be part of the crowd, be true.

You're never gonna find god there, of course not, because you find a bunch of brain dead sheep waddling around posing like holy folks. Fake ass punks. God is inside you, that's it, the extent of your temple and worship and relationship is inside your heart and head and THATS IT @ And wherever you're with that the moment, just accept yourself, and find a little spark to say, ''YO GOD, CAN U HELP ME OUT PLEASE IM TRYING TO FIGURE THIS CRAP OUT, THEY'RE ALL PHONY'S''

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Completely sincere question: What if you do that earnestly and passionately and humbly every day of your life for decades, are completely honest with yourself and others, do your utmost to act out of unconditional love and compassion toward all beings, and yet never find any inner peace or faith despite these heartfelt efforts? And yet despite that, you never become bitter or angry. Just... miserable and alone feeling. Yet still never receive any insights that are substantive or powerful enough to imbue you with faith, or peace?
edit on 2/10/2013 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

Completely sincere question: What if you do that earnestly and passionately and humbly every day of your life for decades, are completely honest with yourself and others, do your utmost to act out of unconditional love and compassion toward all beings, and yet never find any inner peace or faith despite these heartfelt efforts? And yet despite that, you never become bitter or angry. Just... miserable and alone feeling. Yet still never receive any insights that are substantive or powerful enough to imbue you with faith, or peace?
edit on 2/10/2013 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

I can't even respond to your message because you brought up ideas from left field that were not even in my post so your question is unanswerable and I'm slightly insulted and annoyed at the serious tone of your message, as if you're trying to imply something deep yet you're using a flawed form of communication. Try again bud. And matter of fact, nah.....try again, you get another shot, although I currently sincerely doubt your next post will have any semblance of continuation to anything I've said, based on the overt error you've already committed, I suspect you've made many in the past and will continue to make many more in the future. And let me say this,

What are you talking about dude ? We speak English on these forums stop spinning spider webs and giving me oppurunities to distract myself with typing excersizes such as the one I'm committing right now.

Ps, is it just me or does the automatic spell checker on ATS kinda suck? I suppose it would help my diction and typing speed if I wasn't on a laptop keyboard, but yeah, its wack, no ?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I asked you a completely sincere question. I'm not sure why you interpreted it in the way you did. My apologies if I wasn't clear or articulate enough. I'll try again.

You said that the search for God should be within, rather than in any form of religious institution. My question was: what do you recommend one should do if they have tried their utmost through various means to execute that inner search in a spirit of honesty, humility, and good will for most of their life, but have come up empty in terms of finding the ability to have a lasting faith?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I'll have a swing at that one. Is it possible, do you think, that this feeling of remaining thoroughly unrewarded for your efforts comes from seeing no difference in the society around you no matter how hard you try to lead by example? Perhaps that's why you feel the way you do.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

That was a completely unnecessary response to a sincere plea for peer assistance. If you can't be helpful, then maybe you shouldn't post in this thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
never be afraid of nothing cause think about it you'll be ultimately conditioned for everything the universe can throw at you and guess what even if there is hell you'll be going there as a spirit and guess what

you never sleep you never feel tired always happy and i guess

it will be like you'll be a bitch spirit rather than other # like a modern day slave

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Aw naw, the bit about compassion and thing was from your perspective so I felt you were trolling me by layering your post with unaffiliated information, communication error, sorry I came off like that.

Ok, now I'll say what my intuition caught the first time around, I'm saying this not because I want to be rude but because I won't lie to you, Only you know you and only you can answer that but choose not to because you don't really take the quest to heart, you don't have a basis of reality to establish the foundation for a succesfull platform capable to sustaining self awareness to begin with. You take one step to god he takes ten towards you, you're distracted with wordly matters that god is not concerned with,, you're fine, having a relationship with god is a special blessing,.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
ye man im with you but i can't stop eating it unless the people stop selling it and in that case i could never kill to eat

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
Most of the time I don't believe in hell, its like 90% i dont believe in hell but 10 percent of me does. but when I think about hell i get very very scared because i think what if hell is real and when i die ill go there and suffer forever. I would call myself an agnostic/atheist. Its like i have this phobia of dying but most importantly l what can happen after death and especially of the reality of hell. I cant rule out the possibility of hell and so that why im really scared. i dont know why im scared. my mind says hell is not real but it my subconcsious says it might be real. i dont want to die and be wrong because itll be too late then. any help wuld be appreciated.

I posted this under philo/meta because I think people are smarter here than in religion section no offense of course. Please dont delete this mods if anything move it to the religion section. Thanks
edit on 7-2-2013 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2013 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

My hunch from reading this is that you've done something in your past that you are ashamed of.

If that's true then regardless of hell, you should do what you can to try and remedy it if possible.

I did something to someone when I was 18 that I regretted for years, it was the biggest regret of my life. It's not anything crazy or criminal but it definitely wasn't right. Last year I tracked that person down on facebook and told them that my guilt has been haunting me for years and I wanted to tell them I was really sorry.

Turns out, they were not NEARLY as broken up about it as I had been inside my head. I had basically tortured myself for years over nothing.

So I say just try to clear your karma, and if you feel like your life has been at least DECENT then I can't imagine any supreme being who is not a total asshole would punish you for all eternity.
edit on 10-2-2013 by BrandonD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Well, I don't know about leading by example. I never really thought of myself in that light. Though if I ever have, that would be something positive I hope. Although, the lack of positive changes (or what my ethical standards and desires for our species would consider positive changes) are depressing, I will concede. But that's not really what I mean in this instance.

I'm talking about more of a solitary quest for peace, meaning, and faith. Lengthy daily meditation and what most would probably call prayer. Looking within - and at the universe around me - both pleading for meaning and comprehension and inner peace from whatever may or may not dwell beyond me, but also trying to cultivate it for myself so as to, as you discussed earlier, take responsibility for my own happiness or misery and use my creative potential (a potential I believe we all have) to create meaning and tranquility for myself and, hopefully, for others if I can when I interact with them. But no matter what I do, how I think, how many different modes of thought or attitude I embrace, what I consider or ponder, what lens I view myself or the universe through, how much I ask, or even how successful I am at things like trying to reduce the influence of my ego and to simply "be," while there are moments of elation sometimes, they only really stem from distractions from the seemingly inescapable silence and indifference of the universe to my consciousness and very existence. And the inability to truly believe in anything, fully, without doubt.

I believe this is what some call the dark night of the soul. But it's been going on for decades of my life now.

Does that make any sense?

Peace.

Oh, that's alright, it happens.
I'm glad I managed to communicate successfully. I would reply to your last post with the above as well.
edit on 2/10/2013 by AceWombat04 because: Added reply to Kapablanka

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
longest you never physically harmed somebody and half way nice personality and not a sheep
you'll go heaven

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've heard the only way to heaven is through Jesus. You have to believe and accept him.

As far as hell goes, it could be many things. I also heard that God made us incomplete. To be complete, You have to have the missing part that God has. If you go to hell, you'll be forever incomplete and that knowledge might be hell. I imagine it might be like feeling in love with a girl but knowing she will never accept you except in hell you would not even have any hope anymore. I can imagine a lot of terrible tortured souls in hell and that is one place I definitely do not want to visit. However I also understand why so many are turned off by organized religions.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I've heard the only way to heaven is through Jesus. You have to believe and accept him.

As far as hell goes, it could be many things. I also heard that God made us incomplete. To be complete, You have to have the missing part that God has. If you go to hell, you'll be forever incomplete and that knowledge might be hell. I imagine it might be like feeling in love with a girl but knowing she will never accept you except in hell you would not even have any hope anymore. I can imagine a lot of terrible tortured souls in hell and that is one place I definitely do not want to visit. However I also understand why so many are turned off by organized religions.

I've also heard religion is a lie that the masses are conditioned to believe because it makes them more easily controlled by the ruling class.

God's pretty insecure if he *purposefully* created incomplete beings that need to worship him in order to avoid eternal suffering. What a pathetic guy.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
I wish I could be free and happy like you guys

I've pondered many a sleepless night about my own mortality. I think most of us have. It's human nature.
Why are we here? What happens once we're gone?

Those two questions are responsible for seeding the ideas that have sparked religion, gods and demons, heaven and hell.
No one has answered them yet, and you won't be able to either. Find something else to occupy your mind.
Try Sudoku.

edit on 7-2-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

that good sir, was one of the best groupings of words i have seen in a long time.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

i didnt mean to make it out as though i said "accept God and dont think" i meant it to mean "our human understanding cannot fathom the whole picture that only God sees." but i now understand your point and where you coming at during the course of our conversations. and i must say i really do appreciate you challenging me and making me look into these deep questions, as i have found my faith even stronger and more prepared to answer these questions if asked again in the future. i may not have shed any light into what you seem to already know, but i hope you too can appreciate our conversation and im happy it went without it being a name calling event, or emotionally charged like most conversations of this type seem to go. (even in this thread)

where im getting at is i feel we have reached the brick wall "agree to disagree" moment, i feel i have done my best to answer the cold logical and profound questions you have asked, thats my job, the rest from here is the Lord's work. but i hope you know the last few days of our conversation i have been praying for you and will continue to do so, i dont know what circumstances brought you to where you are in life, but one thing is clear, that you dont want God in your life, and i dont hold it against you as i believe all people should have the freedom to choose what they believe in. from here though i hope you know God wont ever stop pursuing you, and no matter where your at in life He is there. as for me ill continue to engage in more challenging conversations as ours, i wish there were more out there like you that can discuss these things in such a civil manner, i enjoyed our challenging conversation, and i mean that.

lastly if you have any further questions for me ill answer them here for you, but for now ill be clocking out of this thread and God bless you friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join