It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm very scared of going to hell, but I don't believe in hell

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Ive searched for God he has not responded so right now Im an atheist.

Perhaps instead of looking outward for answers, look within? Why are you afraid? Where does this fear come from? Is it a result of guilt for some perceived wrong doing? Maybe you could look at the root of this fear, the reason behind it and address the problem instead of looking to other people?

Indigenous people say God is all around and talks to us all the time but we are just too busy to listen. Still your mind and ask your questions. Be patient and trust the answers will come.

Good life journey to you my friend.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by canadiansenior70

To not believe in God, means you have to admit that He IS, therefore to Not be-and you cannot---therefore most self-professed atheists are not really atheists..

I'm not following the logic.

Can you paraphrase it?

God is, as we might hear from childhood, Creator all things being. Creator of the Universe and Man.

In the "twisted" way that I have used, one must know of God, to be able to deny His existence.

If one NEVER heard of God, one wouldn't know the word atheist or, perhaps, agnostic as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

0thetrooth0, I can assure you there is a hell with 100% certainty, it was never meant for people as it was created for Satan and his angels. People either choose God or they choose to be apart from God and that is what hell is. People choose hell - regardless of whether they believe in it or not, that doesn't stop it from existing. There's a whole lot of bad advice on this forum as I've noticed ATS is particularly anti-Christian so its no surprise then that most people here just scoff at it. But if you really do want to know the truth behind it I would recommend this youtube clip as a good start. Think for yourself and look into it and don't take anyones word for it.

Matthew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
i dont know about it bt i will let u know as soon as possible till then take care.
good luck
---------
seo companies

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Part of me wonders if this is hell.

We appear, according to available evidence, to be in a dimensional structure of some kind that supports a corporeal existence without readily provable meaning, purpose, or reason, beyond our desire to instill it with such. We struggle and suffer to perpetuate our existence and hopefully the existence of our offspring if we're lucky. Some parts of our world are relatively well off, but those aspects of our species which dwell in those areas do so wittingly or unwittingly by benefiting from the far less pleasant state of affairs elsewhere.

We don't ask to exist. We just do. And then someday, at a totally unpredictable point in time, we meet our demise. We can never objectively know if anything of us will persist beyond this existence, and live on some level in terror of this possibility all our lives. At least some of us do. Those of us with spiritual or religious faith of some form or another may escape such existential terror, but for all we know those beliefs may simply be responses to that terror. I have no way of knowing and have no assertion or opinion on that aspect of reality personally. I wish I did.

Meanwhile, at any given moment, horrible atrocities are being committed by other human beings. Rapes, murders, of both adults and children, torture, dismemberment. You name it, it's probably happening at any given moment. Of course, we manage to compartmentalize our knowledge of this truth, so as to function and find some degree of peace of mind. But in some sense that's just denial, because it's happening right now whether we accept and acknowledge it or not.

As our lives go on, everyone we ever knew or loved or admired from afar dies. Or we die first. And as we age, we can look forward to increased suffering, disease, and probably debilitation. We may get lucky and find love and friendship along the way that is profound and lasting enough that it eases the pain of this reality. But not everyone does, contrary to popular belief. There are people who wander through life alone and face these challenges alone regardless of their character and treatment of others. Reality, as society, it seems, does not always necessarily reward good intentions and good will with like minded companions in life.

But even if you do find companionship, either you or they will die, and one of you will have to suffer the unbearable grief of their loss. Now, we may say, "that's all part of life." And that's true. It absolutely is. But if it's possible none of it matters in the grand scheme of things and we all just live through all of that suffering and if we're lucky joy, and then die, then to me... that makes this reality a decent candidate for what some would call hell in my mind.

Just a possibility I consider sometimes. I don't necessarily actually believe it. Or in the existence of the mythical hell at all for that matter.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

It's an interesting question, is their life after death or a hell? I do not participate in religion, although i do believe that something remains after we die. And who knows where or what we are going to.. I guess we will never know until it's time.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It depends what you mean by hell.

I don't believe you can go through this life as an evil person and not get punished. It wouldn't make sense.
Hell? I wouldn't suggest there's a place where all evil people go. You can't comprehend what life after death will be.
So to worry yourself over what hell will/might be is pointless. It's inconceivable to us.

How hard is it to just be a good person? I think as long as you don't deliberately harm yourself or more importantly, others in any way.. You'll be ok.

But that's my opinion. I wouldn't ever say i know. Nobody ever does.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Nobody really knows. I have found it best to assume Hell is on earth. Until you get it right you are doomed to repeatedly come back to an earthly body until you get it right. This may not be correct, but it does make decisions easier, "do no harm" is a good way to live. Help others when you can is also good karma.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by honested3

while what you say is true, yes God does know all things even before He ever made it, you forget that God cannot look upon sin, it would contradict Himself.

Well then, that's one lie right there. In the beginning, there was only "God". This means that even sin came from him. And he cannot look upon his own creation? Then he is not all-powerful. If he cannot handle the knowledge or presence of something that is impure, even if he is the source of that impurity, then he is not all-knowing or all-powerful. End of story.

your also forgetting that our actions through our own free will, dont always align with His will.

If he wants his will to be done forever and always, then why bother giving us free will? He's just encouraging us to piss him off.

as ive said before, it is not Gods will that any go to hell. But he would contradict Himself if He gave us free will and then controlled us.

If it is not God's will that any go to hell, then there are thousands of ways he could have prevented the necessity for hell. But if you want to get technical, then he is the one who created the necessity for hell...he is the one who decided it would be more fun to make things difficult for himself. That's not our fault. We didn't design ourselves. He can submit a report to his own complaint box if he has a problem with us, because lo and behold, he designed us. Let him put his big boy pants on and deal with his insecurities and shortcomings the same way we deal with the ones he gave us. Looks to me like someone can't take his own medicine...

good point, theres an earth which was like heaven, but we sinned and caused the world to decay through that sin.

Why is everything our fault? We had nothing to do with our own creation or the creation of this world. We're not omniscient and omnipotent, but "God" is. What's his excuse? Why are we taking the blame for something he did? He knew what would happen. He had every available means to prevent it. He chose not to. That's our fault? Hell no. He's more capable than all of us put together, yet acts more incapable than all of us put together. A pretty freakin' pathetic "God Almighty" if you ask me. I've never seen someone make so many excuses to get out of something they could have done in the blink of an eye. And then they blame their kids for it! What a joke.

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?” - Epicurus

yes, BUT, thats why God sent His son Jesus to save us from that sin. and this is the sin we ourselves contribute to. the cruelty of the world we create, and in many cases the cruelty we fail to stop, as the saying goes "evil men succeed when good men do nothing". it is not to say God's hand is not in the world, but as ive said before, there are many good things He does that you never even see.

Then how can you say he did it? You take it on faith. Well, take it on faith that I magically sent a promotion charm your way. Sometime in the next few years, you may discover a sudden winfall of an unspecified amount. Prove that my little bit of magic had nothing to do with it.

Isn't it strange that "God" can do literally anything, and yet his miracles always require that blood be shed? He can wink his eye and turn the whole world to living gold, but something has to die for him to smile favorably on his people. I mean, it's not like that anymore, but that's because of laws and stuff.

our discussions may be likened to an unstoppable force against an unmoveable object, but when one or the other budges, God will still be there and He wont stop knocking on your heart's door.

My heart changed its address and took out a restraining order on "God" a while ago.

edit on 9-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Beautiful post. And it's an intriguing possibility - I've been told the "eternal fire" is a metaphor for something spiritual, a condition in which we're forever hurting ourselves and others. Perpetual sadomasochism on a spiritual level. So what if this is Hell, and the Bible is simply a book explaining how we ended up here?

I don't know. I won't agree or disagree on that particular tangent of speculation. I just think it's a thought-provoking insight.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

If it makes you feel any better, I'm afraid of unicorns. Not the fake ones, the real ones that poop Skittles.

I'm very scared of going to hell, but I don't believe in hell

Actually, you are very scared of going to hell, because you do believe in hell, and rightly so. For some reason you just don't want to admit that you believe. it makes absolutely no sense to be "very scared of going to hell" if you don't believe in hell.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Actually, you are very scared of going to hell, because you do believe in hell, and rightly so.

Rightly so? What do you mean?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I should have responded to this thread a long time ago, and I actually woke up today with the intention of telling the story that I previously posted on ATS and got a great response from, however, it ended up in the trash bin somehow.

It was called something like, ''Terryifying journey, descent to hell''

I have to go out soon, but I will definitely re write exactly what happened to me, and I will first of all state that I have no confirmation that where I went was the hell that is referred to by religions, so my report should not confirm or deny the answer you seek.

If you ask me personally? I have been to a level of hell, possibly ''purgatory,'' for a few minutes, and it is very real. It is extremely awful, you don't have a body, you can barley think, your body is made of fire, and you can't escape because you're contained within a jagged metal bar formation, its a metaphysical prison sort of like a 3D video game, and there is the silhouette of demons or angels of darkness standing above watching over, - to sum it up in one word; ERROR. It is totally chaotic and dysfunctional. And there is a voice that groans in the background, ''feel the burrrrn, taste the fiiiire.'' It was totally mind blowingly awesome. I was grateful to make out of such a dangerous situation alive and in tact.

The outcome? Punching a hole through my fifty inch Aqous and severing a tendon in my thumb, not to mention trashing my entire apartment, breaking everything and bleeding everywhere. If you ask me if Hell exists, equivocally yes, it exists,but you should not fear it, you should fear god.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

to sum it up in one word; ERROR.

First of all, allow me to point out the result of underestimating grammatical inaccuracy. In what would otherwise seem to be a steady recollection of an emotionally arduous experience, this one mistake turns it all into a laughingstock. It breaks the spell.

Second of all, I'd like to inform the denizens of this forum that Kapablanka's previous encounters have involved chemical influences, which drastically decreases the probability of those encounters being legitimate. This note is not to cast suspicion, but to allow any and all participants to know the risk they are taking in seriously contemplating the veracity of this member's claims. That's why his previous threads were trashed, and that's why you should proceed with caution.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Actually, you are very scared of going to hell, because you do believe in hell, and rightly so.

Rightly so? What do you mean?

Sorry, I guess that could be misinterpreted. I wasn't implying that he deserved to go to hell or something like that. I was simply saying that in my opinion he obviously believes in hell and that I think it is right to hold that belief.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I was simply saying that in my opinion he obviously believes in hell and that I think it is right to hold that belief.

That's what I mean. Why do you think that?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thats OK, I know I'm telling the truth from my heart, with God as my witness, may he strike me down and destroy everything I love if I'm lying - I have every right to provide my experiences, and I only suggest them if I feel like others might be entertained and/or learn something from them. Why you're so confounded, I cannot understand, I can only imagine you're jealous you didn't have these experiences? Which doesn't add up because I can't imagine anyone sitting down and concocting these stories for stripes and points.

Proceed with caution? As if there is some hidden knowledge or jewel of wisdom within my threads? As if folks should tread lightly lest listening to an experience will somehow alter them or divulge some life altering information? You're far more attached to the Eye in the Pyramid that I am, it went as quick as it came, can you explain yourself? Please explain how relaying a true to life experience in this universe must be ''approached with caution,'' you're being border line slanderous, please consider.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 9-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

You've admitted to chemical influence. Drugs often induce experiences that occur solely within the mind. This must be taken into consideration when pondering your encounters. There's nothing more to say on the subject.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyriddler

0thetrooth0, I can assure you there is a hell with 100% certainty,

Link?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join