It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Envirnonmental Canada Official Weather Warning: South/Eastern Ontario

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hey fellow Canadians or Tourists!!

The heaviest snow will occur during the Friday morning rush hour along the highway 401 corridor from London to the Greater Toronto area to Kingston and through the Golden Horseshoe. The snow, quite heavy at times is expected to continue well into Friday as the Texas low storm centre passes just south of the Great Lakes. Strong and gusty northeasterly winds will also result in local blowing snow in many areas tonight and Friday.

Many parts of Southern and Eastern Ontario will receive 15 cm to 25 cm of snow

Environmental Canada Snowstorm Warning!

Our company just send us warnings email regarding tomorrows possible day off and late arrivals.

This info is for you if you plan to do anything!

Storm starting today evening and will be running thru Friday.

Be Safe / Drive Safe!!!
edit on 2/7/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
We have a Blizzard Warning here in Connecticut. Weather men are comparing this to the blizzard of 78.
Wind gust of 65 MPH expected and 18 to 24 inches of snow or more.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
We have a Blizzard Warning here in Connecticut. Weather men are comparing this to the blizzard of 78.

Would not be surprised, Connecticut is close to Canada, rather Toronto.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is for my area...not to far away

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 5 AM EST SATURDAY... * LOCATIONS...EASTERN LAKE ONTARIO REGION. * TIMING...LATE THIS EVENING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT. THE HEAVIEST SNOWS WILL FALL FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. * HAZARDS...HEAVY SNOW. * ACCUMULATIONS...A STORM TOTAL OF 10 TO 18 INCHES OF SNOW. * VISIBILITIES...ONE HALF MILE OR LESS. * IMPACTS...SNOW WILL RESULT IN DIFFICULT TRAVEL. SNOW WILL FALL ACROSS THE ENTIRE REGION...NOT JUST AREAS PRONE TO LAKE EFFECT. EXPECT THE WORST CONDITIONS ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. IT IS DURING THIS TIME THAT THE BULK OF THE SNOW WILL FALL.

forecast.weather.gov...

I say let it snow.....i love Ny winters

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

The Problem is, i know i'm a good and safe driver, but there are many people that get into accident during high snow fall like this, and i'm paranoid about getting my new car damaged!

my goal is to get home asap work finishes today.

And if snow is high enough, work off tomorrow!!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yeah, we have a winter storm warning here in MI.
The problem is, where I am, it never fails to go around us. It's getting ridiculous. We haven't had more than an inch, while towns every direction around us get hammered. It's like we are in a void or something!

I miss how pretty it is with lots of snow.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I used to like snow, when i was a teenager, took bus, school canceled, but.. when you own cars, work, bills, gas and.. salt on car....car wash.. ughh, my pocket is draining!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Looks like NB will get it saturday, though it's still uncertain as to how severe. Hopefully everyone clues in and takes their time.

Really nature, can this be the last one until after I move? PLEASE?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yeah, I don't like all that, but it has literally been almost 3 years since we have really had anything. Plus I am lucky enough to only live 6 miles from work, with the option of taking a back road instead of a highway if I choose.
Back in the old days, (LOL) we would have a couple feet by now.

It just gets annoying to have the news screaming "Big Storm" all the time, and we might get an inch. If we are lucky.
Also tired of paying on a snowmobile that hasn't left the garage in two years. Time to sell it

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I live right in the middle of the oncoming storm and they also warning commuters that it will be 'treacherous driving'. I intend to take the day off work to save my sanity.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Here in Rhode Island too. We even recieved a pre-recorded message on our phones from the police telling us about parking bans, trash pickups, to make sure we have 3 days worth of food and to stay off the roads.

This is going to be a huge storm. I remember the blizzard of 78!
people could walk in the roads everywhere, no moving cars, some snowmobiles whizzing by.

Kind of scary for me, because every now and then my elderly Mother ends up needing an ambulance. We keep our sidewalk plowed, but when they plow the roads it throws the snow right back blocking the sidewalk to the house. Hope all goes well.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Here in Rhode Island too. We even recieved a pre-recorded message on our phones from the police telling us about parking bans, trash pickups, to make sure we have 3 days worth of food and to stay off the roads.

This is going to be a huge storm. I remember the blizzard of 78!
people could walk in the roads everywhere, no moving cars, some snowmobiles whizzing by.

Kind of scary for me, because every now and then my elderly Mother ends up needing an ambulance. We keep our sidewalk plowed, but when they plow the roads it throws the snow right back blocking the sidewalk to the house. Hope all goes well.

Oh yes, I stocked up on gas for my car, food stuffs, and hygiene necessities for three days.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well as much as this sucks for the area I think its about time. Wasn't Toronto living under a bubble the last few weeks while the rest of Canada was being bombarded with snow. I believe Toronto had record breaking warm. Gotta love this weather...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Ok so, it gaining about 5cm by the hour. Seems Mississauga got the heavy brunt of it.

My Toronto to Stouffville drive for work was hell in the morning, but was possible. My car swiveled twice, and was stuck on a hill due to a red light for about 45 secs, i can see other cars with front wheel drive beside me struggling to grab a hold on the road. I had to take a different road than usual because my usual road had a closure for a good hour.

Hopefully before work finishes, the snows are all plowed by the city.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Well as much as this sucks for the area I think its about time. Wasn't Toronto living under a bubble the last few weeks while the rest of Canada was being bombarded with snow. I believe Toronto had record breaking warm. Gotta love this weather...

You are right, we barely had any snow during December and early January, and summer was hot, 38C - 40C.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The last time I drove on snow-laden roads (me in middle lane, with snow tires, going slow) two cars slid right in front of me from the fast lane right into the ditch. I refuse to drive to work under these conditions - come what may.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
The last time I drove on snow-laden roads (me in middle lane, with snow tires, going slow) two cars slid right in front of me from the fast lane right into the ditch. I refuse to drive to work under these conditions - come what may.

From all the cars i seen in the road this morning, people don't care about their life, getting to work, making money seems more important... including myself.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Update:

- In Toronto, city crews have dispatched about 600 plows.

- There had been 150 collisions in southern Ontario, including the GTA, since midnight to 8:30am.

- Traffic has seen moving at about 20 km/h. I was going at 30km/h on a 80k/h zone.

- Most school remain open but School buses are cancelled, possible some teacher may not make it to work.

- Airlines have already cancelled more than 2,600 flights.
edit on 2/8/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I called my bank today, call center was experiencing SEVERE delays due to lack of staffing because of severe weather.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by InTheLight

From all the cars i seen in the road this morning, people don't care about their life, getting to work, making money seems more important... including myself.

It would seem to me it's their employers who don't care about their employee's risking life and limb getting to work under these severe weather conditions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join