It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
First post here at ATS but ive been following this topic from the beginning and thought i would add something that popped up on a blog i frequent more often

apparently a few people here in chicago think hes headed this way, personally i think they are wrong but the blog it was posted on is run by a CPD officer who posts about police happenings here in the city (often times critical of the department) he has been a credible source in the past with leaking information like this

NOT saying this is true at all but if anything its showing that departments around the US are certainly on edge about this

secondcitycop.blogspot.com...
heres the link to the blog and i attached the quoted post below

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2013
LA Killer Headed East?
From a source that has been correct in the past:
SCC: Please warn officers, UNCONFIRMED info from a very good Fed source: the LA Cop, Dorner, is either in Chicago already, or headed here on a train.

Up to you to post this, but I'd hate to see our people get hurt for what LAPD created. The news says they lost track of him, my source says that's not true.
Be extra careful. Put your egos aside. This guy is bad news and it will obviously end in more bloodshed. Hopefully not in Chicago.

Stay Safe.
Keep an eye out.

edit on Mon Feb 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on 11-2-2013 by Luftwagen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Another Reminder!!!!

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Let's keep to the topic and not go after each other.
Plenty here to debate without bickering and name-calling.

Further such behavior can and will result in post removals and possible temporary Posting Bans.

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Luftwagen

First and foremost, welcome to ATS.

As a Chicagoan I can vouch for the Second City Cop blog being a very reliable, honest news source. Thank you for sharing that Luftwagen.

While I am doubtful Dorner is doing the All Aboard Amtrak thing, I wouldn't be surprised if he is traveling with another individual.

Noting that the vehicle was ablaze at 8:20am pacific time on Thursday and phone records place an individual purporting to be Dorner placing a call from Vancouver, Washington on Thursday afternoon to one of the father of one of the victims, it is definitely possible that Dorner could reach Chicago by early Saturday morning travelling from Big Bear or Vancouver, Washington.

However, if I was in Dorner's shoes and made it to Vancouver, WA I would choose to use a more open border crossing point and travel into Canada where the extradition laws would not favor the State of California given that it would automatically be a first-degree murder with special circumstances making it a death penalty case.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Why would he go to Chicago?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Have you ever been to Chicago in February? Considering our usual below zero temperatures, history of major February blizzards and 30-50 mile per hour winds on any given day; Chicago in February is a great choice for someone whose mind isn't right...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Hopefully your joking lol. Just seems like a of his targets are lapd. Makes me think he's near his next target.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

If he was traveling with someone else, wouldn't that person see the 1$ million reward and turn him in?

I believe they are monitoring the news and getting the information there.

I also think if he was traveling with someone else they would be in a vehicle so they can pick where they go and not on a bus or train that has one set location. Possibly changing directions more than once per day and picking locations at last minute.

Maybe his cell phone is on a train or bus to wherever. Seems far fetched but i have seen movies where a criminal has placed his/her cell phone on a train. The cops track said phone and the criminal goes in the other direction getting away easily. Maybe not in real life but with his knowledge of law enforcement maybe hes getting the heat off him for some time.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I live in So.Cal...

Just a couple thoughts.

All his targets are in LA.

Why burn his truck? He was in the deep woods?

If he had supplies why not stash the truck?

I have a Family member one half mile from where the truck was found.

Not many of the locals think he is up there. He burned that truck for a reason.

It was a tactic to say look I'm going into the snow covered mountains with a storm on the way.

Look for this guy on a motorcycle. He would need a helmet to get around.

Besides, from the air they would easily find the guys heat signature.

I look for him to show up in LA....With Jesse Jackson and a book deal.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

www.pe.com...
The Riverside police officer who was gunned down last week while on patrol was identified Sunday as Michael Crain, 34, a decorated Marine who leaves behind a wife and two young children.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I live in So.Cal...

Just a couple thoughts.

All his targets are in LA.

Why burn his truck? He was in the deep woods?

Well, if I was looking at that truck, as one of the guys looking for the suspect, I would be thinking that I had just been given the finger. The target knows that he has superior mobility on rough terrain because of his training, but the target also knows that having burned out that truck, the police will be assuming he has gone to ground in the mountains. Of course, he may have snuck back into town, to some empty building, and made a bolthole there, with the burned out truck as a decoy to direct his enemy away from his true location.

If he had supplies why not stash the truck?

If the target has any sense, he will be digging into all the military training he used as a reservist. He will be travelling light, and carrying most everything he intends to use with him in a backpack, and distributed amongst pockets on his trousers, in his coat. You can live a life out of a gymbag, or better yet a full bergen, with no problem what so ever. Kit you have to leave in an unsecured location, like a truck in the open, or a disused building, is liable to be discovered eventually. If it is critical, then it is carried on the person or in the bag. Period.

I have a Family member one half mile from where the truck was found.

Not many of the locals think he is up there. He burned that truck for a reason.

Thier assumption will probably prove to be right. As a cop, and a reservist in the Navy, the target is as at home in the city and suburbs, as he would be anywhere else, and with solid cover and warren like streets to get lost in, theres an awful lot to recommend an urban location to bury ones self in...

It was a tactic to say look I'm going into the snow covered mountains with a storm on the way.

Look for this guy on a motorcycle. He would need a helmet to get around.

Besides, from the air they would easily find the guys heat signature.

...BUT it should be noted that there are ways he could use the snowy peaks of the local geography to his advantage. One example, would be if he finds a place where the drifts of snow are extensive, and where there is natural cover, he could create a shelter out of snow, which if done correctly could mask his body heat, while keeping him warm and dry. In fact, although I doubt the target left his burned out truck within ten miles of his intended destination, it is POSSIBLE that burning the truck was a double blind, and that he really is up in those woods somewhere, under a few feet of snow and biding his time.

I look for him to show up in LA....With Jesse Jackson and a book deal.

He may show up in LA, but if he does, its going to be for the purpose of putting the frag on someone who has offended him.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Suggested nicknames for Dorner:

copycateffect.blogspot.com...
Perhaps we should call Christopher Jordan Dorner the UNACOPPER (UNiversity And COP killER)? ...

Others are calling Dorner by a racially-linked combination name: Rambro.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You might be right...

But heading into 14 feet of snow on those mountains?

I still think he is on a motorcycle with a helmet.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
One of the great things about the internet is that it allows people to say things that they would be to afraid to do in public or to a person face to face.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Suggested nicknames for Dorner:

copycateffect.blogspot.com...
Perhaps we should call Christopher Jordan Dorner the UNACOPPER (UNiversity And COP killER)? ...

Others are calling Dorner by a racially-linked combination name: Rambro.

What Dorner isn't good enough ? Do we really need to antagonize this guy ?

roadgravel

One of the great things about the internet is that it allows people to say things that they would be to afraid to do in public or to a person face to face.

I always thought that was the fun the internet took away from real time interactions .
edit on 11-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Libertygal

The evidence put out by he media

What evidence ?

Exactly my point. All we have are baseless accusations and claims with NO evidence. All of the main stories are from the state run media. Check the original sources, and who are they?

Then, you get the alleged manifesto, creatively edited depending on which media outlet reported it. Depending on their agenda.
Don't want to quote your whole post but I found it worth repeating.
With Sandy Hook, I called foul very early on as did some others and we were vilified for it.
That investigation remains open and closely guarded, by the way.

This time, we have this Dorner fellow and his "manifesto" which reads like something that numerous writers contributed to, covering racism, supporting the establishment in their disarmament of America, and generally inciting a little bit of chaos while at the same time creating another boogieman to find.

Is Dorner the next bin Laden, but domestic?
Are they truly flipping the script onto the American people?
How will this one end?

When this LAPD cop killer story broke, I vowed to take their reporting as is, believing every word and should any more elephants walk into the room I will not be pointing them out, but I fully support those like you who ask questions.

Indeed, it seems that innocent until PROVEN guilty is a thing of the past.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

If I was a big guy like him, with plenty of spare body fat to keep me alive, and the barest idea of what I was doing, I would be considering it in his situation. But I would equally consider the options presented by the urban option. Like I said, he could be playing a double bluff, or he could be out there in the woods... if he made it up there before the weather broke, tracking him is going to be a pain in the butt because tracks and low lying broken foliage is going to be under thick snow, requiring much more painstaking work to uncover, let alone decipher.

Furthermore, if he arrived before the snows fell, the low temperatures may have made the ground too hard to get good tracks and footprints out of in any case. There are so many possibilities where a man of the targets persuasion and background are concerned, that to make assumptions is somewhat pointless.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Is Dorner the next bin Laden, but domestic?

Thank heaven congress made America a battleground a while back. Just in time.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luftwagen

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2013
LA Killer Headed East?
From a source that has been correct in the past:
SCC: Please warn officers, UNCONFIRMED info from a very good Fed source: the LA Cop, Dorner, is either in Chicago already, or headed here on a train.

Up to you to post this, but I'd hate to see our people get hurt for what LAPD created. The news says they lost track of him, my source says that's not true.
Be extra careful. Put your egos aside. This guy is bad news and it will obviously end in more bloodshed. Hopefully not in Chicago.

Stay Safe.
Keep an eye out.

edit on Mon Feb 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

I wonder if this is the LAPD's way of running disinformation, trying to get Dorner believe that focus is shifting to another part of the country. OR, is this the start of a buildup for a national manhunt, drones and all?
ETA: It is just strange to think that Chicago, the crazy gun filled place, is his next stop, Unless, of course, he has to "stock up" on some things.
edit on 11-2-2013 by evc1shop because: eta

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Is the lack of involvement from the white house due to an ongoing investigation into the allegations presented by Dorner?

I find it extremely unique that dorner is a Naval Officer and we have the FBI involved in the case aparently according to information brought to light by another poster and the white house isn't making a comment.

I served in the military and they care about the reputation of their officers, you would think they would have something to say.

Something fishy is happening here.

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join