It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

They are searching for him in 7 counties in California.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

what makes you think anything will change with the federal government involved? what makes you think the president needs to comment on this?

The only thing i think that will change with another authority involved is the procedure.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The use of drones was later confirmed by Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio, who revealed agents have been prepared for Dorner to make a dash for the Mexican border since his rampage began.

He said: “This agency has been at the forefront of domestic use of drones by law enforcement. That’s all I can say at the moment.”

www.express.co.uk...

DRONES are now been used in the Hunt for Dorner. This is it. Just like that , Drones will now be a common tool used in law enforcement in the U.S.

What have you become America?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

The use of drones was later confirmed by Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio, who revealed agents have been prepared for Dorner to make a dash for the Mexican border since his rampage began.

He said: “This agency has been at the forefront of domestic use of drones by law enforcement. That’s all I can say at the moment.”

www.express.co.uk...

DRONES are now been used in the Hunt for Dorner. This is it. Just like that , Drones will now be a common tool used in law enforcement in the U.S.

drones have already been used over america. That said, I have been talking about this since this whole thing started. To me, this seems like the perfect event to use to publicly announce drone use, to get public support behind drone use, and possibly will end with a drone strike.

Everything else aside, this whole thing is tailor made for public drone use.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Where are interviews from friends and family pleading with him, where is fellow naval officers and command units with commentary describing the nature of his character.

Some things are starting not to add up. Some of this is starting to get fishy.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I'm sure the review is to save face from mounting pressure from the FBI and others. Aparently the DA said other officers have come forward with the same type of claims and are currently in fear of their life.

This is the most interesting case i have personally read all year. I am watching this one by the minute.

Was mentioned earlier in the thread with links.
edit on 9-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

They flat out said as much.

"I do this not to appease a murderer. I do it to reassure the public that their police department is transparent and fair in all the things we do," the chief said in a statement.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The LAPD may be corrupt, but they arent stupid. They see how much public sympathy and support Dorner has. They need to sway some of that back in their favor.

The sad part, from what I can tell, is that this all comes down to the meaning of "excessive force". By most accounts, all the witnesses admit to the kicks happening. Where the issue comes in, is that the LAPD didnt consider kicking a mentally handicapped person in the face as excessive force. Which is downright pathetic.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

there use up to know has been restricted. Its only recently that they have been given full access to the skies over U.S.

no one can hide anymore ;-)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
did your really need two posts to reply to the same post of mine?

They are searching for him in 7 counties in California.

And? ...what's your point?

The only thing i think that will change with another authority involved is the procedure.

You obviously have no idea how this sort of thing works...the ONLY federal entity that should be involved is the DOJ...they should be investigating the claims of the former officer, and that's ALL they should be doing..and the only reason they should be involved, is because there were specific claims and accusations of corruption made against the LAPD, and the LAPD, nor any part of the California legal system can be trusted to investigate the matter....you don't trust a criminal to investigates claims against himself, and decide his guilt, so you?

there is no federal authority for DHS, FBI, or any of that to be involved, unless their assistance is specifically requested..

why are you so quick to look to the president, and the federal government to step in and solve all the problems?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I'm close to Big BEAR and Crestline here in San Berdo county APPLE VALLEY and been watching the sky's intently since this drone talk began. So for I've seen nothing not even a UFO. FYI.
edit on 10-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

www.express.co.uk...

it was announced DAYS ago that they had a drone from ICE, assisting in the search...and you think LAPD doesn't have their own drones?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

drones have already been used over america. That said, I have been talking about this since this whole thing started. To me, this seems like the perfect event to use to publicly announce drone use, to get public support behind drone use, and possibly will end with a drone strike.

Everything else aside, this whole thing is tailor made for public drone use

Of course. Did anyone paying attention really not expect this? While false flags and staged events are being used to disarm Americam citizens, on the other side of the coin, false flags and staged events will also be used to arm the Marxist mafia. I think you might well be right, don't be surprised when a drone swoops in to 'save the day' taking out a bad guy so the public will rally around the use of billions of dollars of tax money to go to the military industrialists and their total surveillance police state cheerleaders and cronies.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If he says he will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD uniform whether on or off duty, then why attack the police officers in Riverside?

Many things that just don't add up.

link   

Originally posted by Daedalus
it was announced DAYS ago that they had a drone from ICE, assisting in the search...and you think LAPD doesn't have their own drones?

The dinky little drones that some police forces are using are very different to the military drones that will be soon common across US skies.

The man in charge of the LAPD's Air Support Division, Capt. William D. Sutton, told us the department doesn't yet see much advantage in using drones. He thinks their safety record isn't satisfactory yet:

Back east a department had purchased one and lost control of it. It flew into a vehicle. We're going to see how it goes.

blogs.laweekly.com...

It will be along time before Police forces will be using drones of any use that can scan huge areas with thermal imaging. we are talking about the real thing in this case , not some dinky PD drone.

link   

And? ...what's your point?

Maybe his point is there's seven Chris Dorners.

Kidding don't hate on me.

link   

You obviously have no idea how this sort of thing works...the ONLY federal entity that should be involved is the DOJ...they should be investigating the claims of the former officer, and that's ALL they should be doing..and the only reason they should be involved, is because there were specific claims and accusations of corruption made against the LAPD, and the LAPD, nor any part of the California legal system can be trusted to investigate the matter....you don't trust a criminal to investigates claims against himself, and decide his guilt, so you?

Case and point.

There's no need to reply to him/her like they're an idiot...

Why don't you take a chill pill and listen to your own advice.

it's limited to the jurisdiction of the LAPD, because the complaint is against them, the threat is against them, and there is no proof that he has left the area...

Its not limited to the jurisdiction of the LAPD because there is a manhunt underway in 7 counties, probably soon to expand into states and countries(mexico).
edit on 10-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Where the issue comes in, is that the LAPD didnt consider kicking a mentally handicapped person in the face as excessive force.

I think where this may lead is that the public is getting so fed up with things like this, when the day comes that a citizen shoots and kills an abusive cop that has WRONGFULLY attacked them you are not going to find a jury in the land that is not going to say they had a right to DEFEND themselves. We just lost a young man last year in a small town not far away from a taser execution by FIVE cops who electrocuted this unarmed young man repeatedly to death because he wouldn't put down his cell phone. (he was afraid and was calling his mom) The dept got sued and had to pay out over 2 million, but it didn't bring the young man back, and the killers walked, probably to a new job and a promotion. Just how much is the public going to take before the bullets start flying back in the OTHER direction???

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Wow what you just said reminded me of this big time

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wanted to re-affirm my pledge that if Dorner is found (dead, alive, taking a nap; whatever) in the vicinity of Big Bear Mountain then I'll streak through ATS Emperor's New Clothes style...

On Saturday evening I shared this info from ABC News

A man identifying himself as Dorner taunted the father of Monica Quan four days after the former LAPD officer allegedly killed her and just 11 hours after he allegedly killed a police officer in Riverside, Calif., according to court documents obtained by ABC News

The call, according to court records, was traced to Vancouver, Wash., but law enforcement officials do not believe Dorner was there at the time at the call.

Dorner is believed to have made the call early Thursday afternoon, less than half a day after he is suspected of killing a police officer and wounding two others early that morning, sparking an unprecedented man hunt involving more than a thousand police officers and federal agents spanning hundreds of miles.

A couple questions:

(1) Is it possible that on Saturday there would be Court records about a phone call occurring 7 February 2013? If so, why would there be a Court record of such a call?

(2) Unless Dorner is something out of Archer-- an expert master of disguise whose expertise in technology allows him to clone his location while his knowledge of firearms and munitions allow him to take you out both on the land and in the sea; he's strong enough to push a truck off a ledge to create the illusion that he's broke an axle and nice enough that all his friends describe him as the greatest guy ever....

Unless all that is true then I'm wondering if Dorner actually lives up to the hype...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Oops...
edit on 2/10/2013 by NickDC202 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

The dinky little drones that some police forces are using are very different to the military drones that will be soon common across US skies.

The man in charge of the LAPD's Air Support Division, Capt. William D. Sutton, told us the department doesn't yet see much advantage in using drones. He thinks their safety record isn't satisfactory yet:

Back east a department had purchased one and lost control of it. It flew into a vehicle. We're going to see how it goes.

blogs.laweekly.com...

It will be along time before Police forces will be using drones of any use that can scan huge areas with thermal imaging. we are talking about the real thing in this case , not some dinky PD drone.

yeah, i know police drones are smaller than the ones used by the military or DHS.....i wouldn't totally discount the smaller drones though...i saw one being tested out by a department in texas...it can mount an automatic turret, and shotguns, anf i think a grenade launcher....that's kind of a lot of firepower...

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join