It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Yes, I too am confident he has help and began to believe so and posting that notion here early on Friday.

Someone asked why I am confident he is in a vehicle-- logic would dictate that someone allegedly with an arsenal of 30 weapons is not on foot.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

The other thing that strikes me as incomprehensible is the fact that he left his wallet in San Diego with his LAPD Detective badge inside. Really...a DETECTIVE badge????? There's been no mention that he ever made detective, nor had he been on the force long enough to obtain that status. Not only that, when you're FIRED from the police department, you have to turn in your badge....WTF? So where in the hell did he get a "detectives badge" that supposedly belonged to him? This last part really really really gets under my skin and seems to stick out as the most strange turn in this whole fiasco.
edit on 2/9/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)
There is another angle in regards to the wallet in the trash that doesn't make any sense as well.If am wrong on this timeline please correct me. From what I understand, he killed the daughter of some attorney and a male that was with her, ditched his wallet in a trash can near the scene (from my understanding this is how he is linked to the double homicide), and then checked into a hotel with his I.D. I'm also assuming he used a card to pay for his hotel stay instead of cash. So this guy pulls out his identification from his wallet and then throws it in the trash? What sense does that make? You could say he left a badge with his name on it to let the authorities know it was him, but that still doesn't make any sense. If that were the case why not leave the wallet in the back seat if he was determined to let them know it was him?I could very well be over analyzing the situation, but the whole story stinks to me. It just doesn't pass the smell test.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

From what I have been told, if you "loose" your badge, you can have another one issued. Maybe he had a duplicate that he didn't turn in.

I don't think the badge thing is really that big of a deal, unlike the lack of stills from the parking garage.

edit on 9-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

He also might have just taken another vehicle from the area. The way he is outfitted he could have easily car jacked another one. I think he is in a vehicle otherwise the manhunt would have been more fruitful. He would need transport for the alleged 30 remaining weapons. He torched some so I am thinking he moved to a smaller vehicle that did not have the room for all of his gear.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

The other thing that strikes me as incomprehensible is the fact that he left his wallet in San Diego with his LAPD Detective badge inside. Really...a DETECTIVE badge????? There's been no mention that he ever made detective, nor had he been on the force long enough to obtain that status. Not only that, when you're FIRED from the police department, you have to turn in your badge....WTF? So where in the hell did he get a "detectives badge" that supposedly belonged to him? This last part really really really gets under my skin and seems to stick out as the most strange turn in this whole fiasco.
There is another angle in regards to the wallet in the trash that doesn't make any sense as well.If am wrong on this timeline please correct me. From what I understand, he killed the daughter of some attorney and a male that was with her, ditched his wallet in a trash can near the scene (from my understanding this is how he is linked to the double homicide), and then checked into a hotel with his I.D. I'm also assuming he used a card to pay for his hotel stay instead of cash. So this guy pulls out his identification from his wallet and then throws it in the trash? What sense does that make? You could say he left a badge with his name on it to let the authorities know it was him, but that still doesn't make any sense. If that were the case why not leave the wallet in the back seat if he was determined to let them know it was him?I could very well be over analyzing the situation, but the whole story stinks to me. It just doesn't pass the smell test.

I thought he allegedly lost his wallet after the failed boat jacking attempt....smh...

Have we seen pictures of this wallet??

LAPD and other departments I'm calling you OUT!

Pics, or it didn't happen. lol

As for the alleged link to the double homocide - the womans father had a role in representing him before the BOR when he was terminated. The man was her fiance.

They link them by saying she falls under "family members" so she's a target. I don't buy that # though.
edit on 9-2-2013 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

One important distinction needs to be made in the timeline summary you wrote: the hotel he checked into was on a Naval base and run by the Navy.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by endats01

I thought of the potential that he carjacked someone or stole a car but I'm confident that if either of those things happened it would have leaked out by now.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

I thought he allegedly lost his wallet after the failed boat jacking attempt....smh...

Have we seen pictures of this wallet??

LAPD and other departments I'm calling you OUT!

Pics, or it didn't happen. lol

As for the alleged link to the double homocide - the womans father had a role in representing him before the BOR when he was terminated. The man was her fiance.

They link them by saying she falls under "family members" so she's a target. I don't buy that # though.

I think you're right. I thought it was how they linked him to the double homicide. I haven't really been keeping up on the story just checking this thread every now and then. I did hear something about his wallet being in some trash can early on with this story. However, it could have just been bad information. So now I'm assuming the only link with him to those homicides is a supposed commentary written by him prior to the incident? Unless of course they have him on those cameras at the scene. It's funny how they still haven't released that footage.My apologies in advance for bringing bad information to the thread if that was the case.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Earlier someone noted that Dorner's Navy record for the last three years had no assignments listed whereas the previous years of service identified his duties. Someone speculated that it is likely that his assignments during the last three years were classified. Any thoughts on what he might have been doing for the Navy that would be classified?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

If I remember correctly it's estimated that the truck caught fire around 8am.... and It wasn't discovered until after 2... It's my opinion that he had a bike or a motorcycle stashed in the vicinity of where he sent his truck over the cliff.... But even if he didn't that gives him a full four hours... Even at a light jog on those fire roads someone in decent shape can cover five miles an hour.... That puts 20 miles between him and the truck... It was reported that the search area was only two square miles the first day... I personally think he made his way to the high desert... somewhere between Apple Valley and 29 palms...

As far as the badge goes I don't really have a good explanation... that's the weirdest part of this whole thing for me too....

edit on 9-2-2013 by wearewatchingyouman because: fix

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Regarding Dorner and the targeting of family members; this may have just gotten very interesting:

Victim's Family Taunted by Suspected Killer

A man identifying himself as Christopher Dorner taunted the father of Monica Quan four days after the former LAPD officer allegedly killed her and just 11 hours after he allegedly killed a police officer in Riverside, Calif., according to court documents obtained by ABC News

The call, according to court records, was traced to Vancouver, Wash., but law enforcement officials do not believe Dorner was there at the time at the call.

Dorner is believed to have made the call early Thursday afternoon, less than half a day after he is suspected of killing a police officer and wounding two others early that morning, sparking an unprecedented man hunt involving more than a thousand police officers and federal agents spanning hundreds of miles.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Interesting.... If indeed this is the case... He probably used google talk, or some VOIP equivalent, from a public hotspot... I've had Washington and California area codes pop up on my caller ID even though the call was from the east coast with people using google talk...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Any ideas on the I M O A

I must say I am extremely dissapointed in ATS detective work
edit on 9-2-2013 by bo12au because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here's a little story from my Dads experience as one of the first Green Berets:

Back in 1960 my father was sent to Viet Nam as an advisor. When he came back he gained the title of Green Beret which was in 1963. Now, my father passed away in 2007 after being doused with all the agents...pink, blue orange...all of them! I tried desperately to get my father disability due to an anuerism he suffered back in 1973, but the VA rejected his claim.

In 2007, we once again asked for 100% disability due to exposure of Agent Orange. After taking my father to the Agent Orange clinic at the West Los Angeles VA Medical facility he finally got approved for 100% disability, due to a Dr. XXXXXXX, (I refuse to put his name up) and a DR. XXXXXXX, who examined my father. With one look and at that moment no physical, they said I'm sorry Sir and saluted my father...they both knew that my father had Prostate Cancer as a result of his military duties.

Here's where things get corrupt. On my fathers DD214 half of his file is missing...completely gone!!!!!! I asked where's the rest of it and was told that many files burnt in a fire...the same thing everyone else is told who served between X and X. That doesn't make sense. A file is a file...it's kept together, if page 1 gets burnt so will page 2. But, not in my father case...odd pages were missing. So I started "snooping around". Once I commenced to snooping, I have been paid several visits by the military at my house. The last time they came to pay me a visit was 3 years after my father passed in 2010. I'll leave that part alone.

Now, back in 2007, my father and I received a document from a very nice lady at the Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis, Indiana (she told us to protect this document as well) that confirmed my father had in fact been in Viet Nam, because before that, it wasn't listed in the remaining so called un-burnt DD214 documents. In this document where it asks POW, unknown was marked. My father never admitted to being a POW, but when he finally returned to camp over 30 days later, he was missing teeth which is also stated on this paper that was given to us. I almost forgot to mention that when asked of my father by this wonderful lady at the VA in Indy, "were you in Viet Nam", my father repeatedly said NO...I was in Korea. She asked him over and over and he continued to say NO, I was in Korea patrolling the DMZ line, then I drove tanks, almost like he didn't remember. He may have patrolled the DMZ line and he even told me stories when I was 7 or 8 about the N. Koreans throwing grenades at him to make him run and that after a month of that he got tired of it and how it almost drove him crazy. This was all my father seemed to remember, or so he made me think. After continuous Viet Nam denials by my father, this lady looked at me and shook her head in sorrow (almost like she had seen this before) and handed me the document that officially stated that my father had been in Viet Nam for years...mostly during Operation Ranch Hand. Although history states that Operation Ranch Hand started in 1962, it in fact had started a year earlier...so there's a lie right there and hopefully, there are some very early Viet Nam Vets around ATS that can verify this, although I personally need no verification of these events.

Finally, and I'm skipping all kinds of info...the VA gave my father his 100% disability in July of 2007. He passed August 6, 2007 and never got a dime from the VA. Although, the VA Medical Administration saved my fathers life when he had his first aneurism back in 1973 and gave him 100% medical benefits after he separated back in the 1960's, they failed him miserably in the end with an intention to do just that...not pay him a single dime for his incredible service, just like they did so many other Viet Nam vets and continue to do so today...as a matter of fact, it's 1000 times worse now for Vets than it has ever been before.

I salute Dr. XXXXXXX and Dr. XXXXXXX, one who was also special forces in the late 1960's in Viet Nam for their undying support in assisting my father at the Los Angeles VA Medial Center, Agent Orange Clinic that day. One look and 1 hour was all it took for them to know what happened to my father and why he had prostate Cancer that moved through his body within 6-8 months and ended his life.

The only reason I have told part of this story is because when people are wronged in society and after serving their country and/or community so admirably with no thanks from their employer...they loose hope and faith in what they thought the purpose was...to protect. My father never expressed any ill intent or feelings toward the military. But he did express how he saw what is occurring with Dorner, right now happening one day...because as he and his brother's felt as I heard them talk, would be the only way to be heard in the end.

Please do not judge this man Dorner...YET

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I read it as the call was originating from cell towers in Vancouver Washington.
I still have a California number and live in Chicago, so I think if the report is accurate it's either a prank call or Dorner had an accomplice drive the truck to Big Bear and destroy it while Dorner traveled to Washington State.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Haven't they declared that a hoax? All of the events in San Diego? I thought I heard that yesterday?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just thought I'd add this

The area he supposedly went to in Point Loma, well there is a beach near there, walking distance close, Ocean Beach. Well know in San Diego as a hippy refuge, full of hobos, addicts, street kids, travelers, anyone and everyone. Nobody would give him a second glance if he was all dirty and homeless looking, or if he was sleeping in his car. All kinds of people end up there, all kinds of them show up, then leave never to be seen by the locals again. Any kind of hippy/hobo/beggar/traveler can show up, hang out, come and go as they please, and it really doesn't make a difference in Ocean Beach. They have an international hostel there so the young foreigners add to the mish mash of people who walk the streets. It's known for surfing, hippies, and hobos.

If he did get another vehicle, he could have it parked in the Appletree parking lot right now and nobody would notice. He'd probably get fed too.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

I didn't read the article ... just the section you posted, so I didn't see anything about a cell phone....

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I think why some of us have valid questions about the manifestos may be because we didn't see previously the one you are referring too. I even have questions about it...I saw the one released by KCAL 9, on the seventh as you have stated.

I threw out my Facebook account over a year ago, so I wasn't able to see the one you and so many others are referring to. A note as well, the parts where the gun control and such are in the manifesto just don't seem like the same writer. Not that I proclaim to be some kind of professional writer reader (I say that putting a palm to my face :lol
), but it just sounds out of place IMO.

I am still reserving any and all judgement regardless of which manifesto is the correct one. I just wish if all in the manifesto is true that Dorner could come forward ALIVE and tell his story.

Hell, that kid accused of leaking to Assange is still alive...why can't Dorner stay alive and tell his story publicly? This will probably never happen I fear

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join