It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Room 641A. Just get it off the backbone.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Does anyone ever get this after making an attempt to reply or post a new comment within a thread? I get it quite often:

I had to re-size the image however, the pages listed are in the 60's. Could this mean that there are more pages that are being monitored and read before we get a chance to see them...or am I sniffing too much smoke emanating from my BBQ

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I've seen it at times. Looks like it is caused by an error in the page count calculations.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Room 641A. Just get it off the backbone.

Yeah, PacBell turned SBC etc., now AT&T is and always have been dangerous IMO...but really aren't they all? I don't screw around with any of that mess...just because none of us have too.

ETA
That's all I have to say about that
However, I live in a very small area of town that can't get AT&T except wireless cell...I check it quite often. And I mean an area within a rather large suburb of Los Angeles that will make you go

Extremely small...less than a city block.
edit on 2/9/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is yet another example of NBC News twisting a story and losing all credibility as a news organization:

Three of Hunted Ex-Cop's Relationships Ended in Legal Action

Read the article- the headline is VERY misleading
NBC is so worthless

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just a heads up:

Here's a site with a TON of Dorner's legal paperwork. Lots of documents, including the 2011 appeal. It also includes his initial complaint.

Someone spent some time compiling all these .pdf's. I suggest people grab them while they're still available. If we ever need to research this entire ordeal in further detail, these docs might prove very valuable.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

The PDF's wouldn't open up. Are you viewing them currently?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I am able to open them. I will assume that you have Adobe Reader or some sort of PDF viewer installed.
You have a Mac, correct? Well, that may be different than my PC but a lot of times when PDF's don't open on my PC it is because Adobe Reader has thrown up a dialog prompting me to update. Do you ever get anything like that? Have you tried saving to disk first then opening?

HTH

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
From ABC San Diego:
Reports: Sources say shooting suspect Christopher Dorner's truck abandoned after axle broke

CNN reported that police believe Christopher Dorner may have as many as 30 weapons with him now. Other weapons were burned inside the truck as it was set on fire at about 8:20 a.m. Thursday.

CBS and CNN both quoted inside sources, and reported that an arsenal of weaponry and survival gear was found inside the burned-out pickup truck that Dorner apparently torched near the Big Bear Ski Area on Thursday morning.

What jumped out at me was that Dorner torched the truck at 8:20am and therefore had a head start of hours after burning the truck.

The other thing that is noteworthy is that it is believed Dorner has 30 weapons with him. He is obviously in a vehicle, would this point to an accomplice?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by evc1shop

I am able to open them. I will assume that you have Adobe Reader or some sort of PDF viewer installed.
You have a Mac, correct? Well, that may be different than my PC but a lot of times when PDF's don't open on my PC it is because Adobe Reader has thrown up a dialog prompting me to update. Do you ever get anything like that? Have you tried saving to disk first then opening?

HTH

Yes, I have Adobe and I just updated before logging onto ATS. I'll attempt a restart and see if that helps. Every time I click the links it comes up blank...maybe I'll try another browser.

Thanks again

ETA
Got it with Chrome...I forgot I can't get everything with the Fox.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Reading the comments posted on this thread over the last 12 hours is just telling me that so much of what the internet has become has been the largest disinformation vehicle ever in existence. We have numerous variants of Dorner's manifesto popping up (now one with Charlie Sheen mentioned?) that I would say were intentionally dropped because Dorner was developing a folk hero status amongst an unknown percentage of the population.

When I was a kid, I was taught game theory and how to apply game theory to societal behaviors. I am also a natural statistician. Three years ago, I realized that society was beginning to approach a critical moment in which massive civil unrest would occur. The factors that I used at that time to come to that determination were largely income based--economic disparity, financial desperation, the bail outs and the either slow or ineffectual response to them in actuality, and more. In late 2011 to early 2012, the game changed entirely. Disenfranchisement with the system was at an all-time high (historically lowest rating of Congress at around 10-11%). Distrust of mainstream media (often warranted, mind you) was also increasing, causing the viewership of major news funnels like CNN and Fox to decline by as much as 25%. Increased political radicalization due to continued issues of economic disparity in conjunction with rapidly increasing national debt. Increased anti-police rhetoric due to continuous examples of police brutality both against protesters and typical targets (the homeless) becoming available on the internet. And I would also say increased disenfranchisement with society in itself through the distinction of some being brainwashed "sheeple" and some being not. Toss in the fact that as many as 1 in 5 believed that the world was going to end and many hoped it would end to eliminate all the issues that we are facing as a society once and for all. An easy out. It's a total system failure whose result would be a small number of individuals, through an extreme sense of desperation, would begin to take matters into their own hands. I risked being declared a nut a year ago to issue a warning to my friends and loved ones that we were at substantial risk for random and targeted killings. Now I'm just a Cassandra saying that it's all been predictable.

For this reason, I find the aforementioned prosecutor's response in acknowledging some veracity to Dorner's claims as being a positive step. I do not think that vigilantism should be required but I also acknowledge that we have become so caught up in talking points and circular arguments that we are failing to address those problems ailing us as a society that has brought us to this point. Sorry for the rant but I'm desperate, too. I only hope that some of you take the time to consider what I've said. I am deeply fearful for the future.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

I've been stating since almost the beginning of my posts in this thread that IMO, Dorner has help. But the real question is "help doing what?".

ETA
I heard a report somewhere (can't remember where) that his vehicle was found off a small cliff up in Big Bear...maybe that's how the axle broke...when it was driven off that cliff.

Whatever the case may be, this situation really stinks
and IMO just doesn't fit any of the scenarios reported by the media or LAPD. When LAPD Chief Beck, replied to a reporter that he will not look into any of Dorner's claims (paraphrasing there) and went on to say that Dorner "HAS" committed atrocious crimes"...that really got my head spinning. His departments job including himself, is to catch the alleged criminals, not convict them.

I don't understand what's up entirely...but something smells fishy.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202
From ABC San Diego:
Reports: Sources say shooting suspect Christopher Dorner's truck abandoned after axle broke

CNN reported that police believe Christopher Dorner may have as many as 30 weapons with him now. Other weapons were burned inside the truck as it was set on fire at about 8:20 a.m. Thursday.

CBS and CNN both quoted inside sources, and reported that an arsenal of weaponry and survival gear was found inside the burned-out pickup truck that Dorner apparently torched near the Big Bear Ski Area on Thursday morning.

What jumped out at me was that Dorner torched the truck at 8:20am and therefore had a head start of hours after burning the truck.

The other thing that is noteworthy is that it is believed Dorner has 30 weapons with him. He is obviously in a vehicle, would this point to an accomplice?

What makes you believe he is in a vehicle?

SEE: Reinforcing Obstacles

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

that so much of what the internet has become has been the largest disinformation vehicle ever in existence.

That is so true and some of it isn't intentional. It reflects people's acceptance and repeating of information without much thought or analysis of the information.

The news outlets have learned this and use it.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is fishy! When was the last time you heard of a car with a broken axle. If true then he probably did not have a stashed car waiting. That would mean he hiked out of the area or had an accomplice following.

If he does have an accomplice then from what group of friends would he choose? For all we know it could be an entire group of ex-cops. Of course he could have the equivalent of a Seal Team backing him up.

P

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I downloaded them and they open just fine...?

Maybe they're under a heavy load right now, or they've been taken down?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
This is fishy! When was the last time you heard of a car with a broken axle. If true then he probably did not have a stashed car waiting. That would mean he hiked out of the area or had an accomplice following.

If he does have an accomplice then from what group of friends would he choose? For all we know it could be an entire group of ex-cops. Of course he could have the equivalent of a Seal Team backing him up.

P

If...and this is a lofty IF, my instincts serve me properly (they have never ever failed me) he definitely has help and it's probably or IMO most definitely Military help. But, as I stated awhile back, help doing what?

Other LAPD may not have the guts to stand by his side. I do not mean that statement as disrespect to any LEO, but...in the end I just don't see it as a possibility. Nor do I believe Dorner, would trust anyone current or former within LAPD. Of course I could be entirely wrong.

It's just a gut instinct I have...nothing more, nothing less. I've been in the Big Bear area tons of times and with the current weather conditions even the other day before the weather turned pretty bad...there's no way in hell Dorner hiked out of that area THAT DAY without being seen by someone, somewhere either on ground or by air....it just doesn't make sense. Local Law Enforcement were on the trail of that burning vehicle the same day with Air Support!

Even after finding ski prints near his supposed vehicle, why didn't that person a supposed cross country skier come forward and say...I think I found the guys car? As a matter of fact, where is that person now? Are they being silenced?

The other thing that strikes me as incomprehensible is the fact that he left his wallet in San Diego with his LAPD Detective badge inside. Really...a DETECTIVE badge????? There's been no mention that he ever made detective, nor had he been on the force long enough to obtain that status. Not only that, when you're FIRED from the police department, you have to turn in your badge....WTF? So where in the hell did he get a "detectives badge" that supposedly belonged to him? This last part really really really gets under my skin and seems to stick out as the most strange turn in this whole fiasco.

ETA
May I add that maybe it's former LAPD with current military background assisting him...to me that's more plausible.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

No..I was just being a dufus and not realizing that I had to open with a different browser.

Thanks again for the heads up and the link...you're a gem

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Again... where is everyone coming up with this theory that all the stuff about Obama, Gun Control, Feinstein, celebrities is an altered manifesto? I saw this version on the sixth here before this story even hit the major networks... it's also the one Anon is posting as the original full text.... The condensed version, which people keep referring to as the "original", that was posted on KTLA and the such wasn't posted until the seventh.... I've asked about this a few times, but no one has answered yet... Can someone please clarify why they believe the condensed version to be the original....

edit on 9-2-2013 by wearewatchingyouman because: fix

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Again, This is chess not checkers.
edit on 9-2-2013 by bo12au because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join