It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Buffalo2LA

not being a smartass here, but why can't the citizens REMOVE the agency and build anew ??
it's not like y'all only have pitchforks

city policy is only effective because the members/citizens of city AGREE to comply ... when the citizens no longer agree to comply, things change ... always have.

no one can tell you what to do, if you're there, you live it, we don't.
we can advise and encourage but what more do you expect ??

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
He took 'flight lessons' at Naval Air station Fallon

Naval Air Station Fallon or NAS Fallon (IATA: NFL, ICAO: KNFL, FAA LID: NFL) is the United States Navy's premier air-to-air and air-to-ground training facility. It is located southeast of the city of Fallon in western Nevada in the United States. Since 1996, it has been home to the Naval Fighter Weapons School (TOPGUN), and the surrounding area contains 84,000 acres (34,000 ha) of bombing and electronic warfare ranges. It is also home to the Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center (NSAWC), which includes TOPGUN, the Carrier Airborne Early Warning Weapons School (TOPDOME) and the Navy Rotary Wing Weapons School. Navy SEAL Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) training also takes place here.

edit on 9-2-2013 by bo12au because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nottelling

wowzers! thanks for the info, so thats where our hard earned tax dollars are going lol, jeez i didn't think an officer would need a silencer/flash suppressor for taking down criminals. When i think of silencers i think hit squads spec ops etc. Getting into an area to kill and move around quietly not your average officer doing a standard police take down.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

not being a smartass here, but why can't the citizens REMOVE the agency and build anew ??

city policy is only effective because the members/citizens of city AGREE to comply ... when the citizens no longer agree to comply, things change ... always have.

no one can tell you what to do, if you're there, you live it, we don't.
we can advise and encourage but what more do you expect ??

That is the original question posed to Sonny before he hid after blaming the community for the LAPD problem.

Please explain EXACTLY how a fractured, unorganized population, fights back against a militarized, organized and corrupt police force with out violence?

Los Angeles is LITTERED with stories of PEACEFUL "freedom fighters" who went up against the system and were destroyed. If not for the "extreme" tactics of Dorner he would just be another road kill in business as usual.

That's the entire point of this debate. It's really easy to sit in Iowa and say it should be handled peacefully and there is no reason for this, it's another to know first hand how many innocent lives and honorable people who spoke out against the injustice were destroyed for it.

Again tell me one REALISTIC peaceful solution?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by unfor54k3n
reply to post by nottelling

wowzers! thanks for the info, so thats where our hard earned tax dollars are going lol, jeez i didn't think an officer would need a silencer/flash suppressor for taking down criminals. When i think of silencers i think hit squads spec ops etc. Getting into an area to kill and move around quietly not your average officer doing a standard police take down.

I know. It's crazy.

Worst part is, these aren't SWAT cops, these are normal beat cops and these are their issued weapons. This I can tell from the lack of any real customization on the weapons. Plain jane stock and pistol grip, SOPMOD Block 2 (?) railed fore-end and I thought I saw a PMAG (which could have also come through DRMO).

No highly-trained surgically-precise full-time doorkickers there. These dudes in the photo are garden-variety beat cops. Poorly trained with such weapons and (as has been proven by two separate non-righteous shootings during this manhunt) they are frightened and panicky and armed to the teeth with military weaponry. Please, if you're in LA stay away from ALL cops. Don't even make eye contact with one.

This whole thing is a powder keg. Dorner needs to off himself if only to prevent more innocents being shot by frightened girlymen police.

edit on 9-2-2013 by nottelling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au

But what is the LAPD connection?

It's common knowledge that the LAPD is a gang of mercenaries for hire.

They almost seem to be trained to be that, since no matter how many times they annihilate any shred of good will the public might have towards them, they always seem to come up with something even worse.

I believe we need two separate threads, and am considering starting a second one just for discussion of CTs around this case, because the discussions about ethics and such, while they do belong here and are interesting also, are pushing the facts and theories off the page very quickly.

For some reason.

"Engen said the couple recently moved into the condominium complex. The parking structure requires a key-code for entry and there are security cameras throughout the complex..."
edit on 9-2-2013 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Explanation: He had no need to bring it to the media as he apparently brought it to court ...

I have exhausted all available means at obtaining my name back. I have attempted all legal court efforts within appeals at the Superior Courts and California Appellate courts. This is my last resort.

And that is as public as one can get.

Also ...

Chief Beck, this is when you need to have that come to Jesus talk with Sgt. Teresa Evans and everyone else who was involved in the conspiracy to have me terminated for doing the right thing. you also need to speak with her attorney, Rico, and his conversation with the BOR members and her confession of guilt in kicking Mr. Gettler. I’ll be waiting for a PUBLIC response at a press conference. When the truth comes out, the killing stops.

Why didn’t you charge me with filing a false police report when I came forward stating that Evans kicked Mr. Christopher Gettler? You file criminal charges against every other officer who is accused and terminated for filing a false police report. You didn’t because you knew I was innocent and a criminal court would find me innocent and expose your department for suppressing the truth and retaliation, that’s why.

Note that please ok.

He also, if it is indeed his manifesto, consistently calls for the media to investigate all sides of his personal history leading from events in his childhood all the way up to and including these current events and to judge him FAIRLY upon the evidence which they can bring to light!

With him being highly trained in intelligence ops where information manipulation is key ... well he probably didn't have time for personally engaging the MSM media and prefered to go directly to WAR after exhausting all his legal avenues!

Personal Disclosure: If ... and ONLY if the original unaltered manifesto is his ... do I fully support all the actions he has taken so far ok!

If, however, any of the following are true ...

• That he did not kill the young couple.

• The he did not write the manifesto.

• The he did not shoot and kill any cops.

• That this is some false flag operation for currently unassertained reasons perpetratred by as yet unknown forces.

... Then I endorse NONE of what has happened and I would be completely OUTRAGED by such occurances.

I respect you a lot sonny ... but I must call it as I see it.

I apologize if I came across as rude to you but I will not retract what I have said and will allow the mods to handle all such matters.

• posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:16 AM
    link   
    Discussion of conspiracy theories and anomalies in the Dormer case might go to this thread, to keep it separate from the other discussions about the social and ethical ramifications of the case.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:23 AM
    link   
    Keep your balance, don't exonerate this fellow, he's a murderer.
    I think he speaks the truth, but in the end he's a murderer..
    Think about that and don't get too excited..
    Just sayin..

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:23 AM
    link   
    Great men have changed history without shedding a drop of blood. Jesus (butchered as his words may be), the Buddah, Ghandi, MLK. There is something to be said about a man that sees the injustice, and without succumbing to anger fights injustices with peaceful words, perseverance, and dedication to a righteous path.

I feel for him. I understand his plight. But I cannot condone taking a life. The man should have stood on a soapbox, and told his story every day until his face turned blue.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:35 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Honor93

I think you'd have to initiate a complete overthrow/revolution. Otherwise whoever is left in charge will come down on you like a ton of bricks. You'd have to have a group of people or an individual, that would be prepared to stick their head(s) up. A mob still has to have a leader/head to maintain and focus the revolution.

Also things have to be pretty bad for the mob to be so angry to accept they've had enough and have no alternative but to rebel. I don't think anyone in the US is anywhere near that level of poverty, servitude and desperation yet. US Citizens probably feel angry for a while reading these sort of things but then go back to their beers and TV.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:38 AM
    link   

Originally posted by SimonPetrikov
    I feel for him. I understand his plight. But I cannot condone taking a life. The man should have stood on a soapbox, and told his story every day until his face turned blue.

You are contradicting yourself.

You say he should have taken the non violent rout.
    Yet you say he should have just talked himself blue. (talking with no result)

You say he shouldn’t have went to taking blood, but you admit with your own statement that he would have gotten nowhere by talking.

So you just want him to just take the deal he has been given, suffer, and like it.
    Most people will, some won’t.

You would rather sacrifice people that have been wronged, instead of upsetting the apple cart and disrupting the normalcy of the day to day world.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:51 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Buffalo2LA

That is the original question posed to Sonny before he hid after blaming the community for the LAPD problem.

No one hid. I was tired of the Ad hominem attacks.

Society is the problem. Lack of Morals and Principles, from the guy on the corner, to the crooked Cop. The very thing this man claims he has above all else. Ethos, and Ethics.

edit on 9-2-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:59 AM
    link   

Always funny to see how fast the internet gangsters run to the block or hide settings when they are getting killed with reasoning and sound logic.

Big deal Sonny you hid your stupid favicon, it doesn't change the fact you spilled nonsense all over the place, got called on it, deflected from any intelligent answer, tried to cry name calling and then hid behind your privacy settings and never answered the original question you pretended to have all the answers for.

Classy move!

Stick your head back in the sand little Ostrich.

I change my avatar daily, so don't kid yourself that I was doing it for you. You're not that special.......
    BTW, your whole post is an attack on me. You wonder WHY I stopped discussing this story with you.

Second, I can assure you the way you are posting, the attacks? You wont last long, If your not some sock puppet that was banned long ago, coming back to get banned again. If you want to have an intelligent discussion, stick to Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing, not Sonny.

edit on 9-2-2013 by sonnny1 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:59 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
    Reply to post by SpaDe_

Demonize?! Destroy his credibility?! This man murdered two innocent people. Any credibility he had flew out the window when he decided to take someone else's life. He demonized himself. He IS crazy. Stable people don't go on murderous rampages.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Remember he allegedly killed those people. Without a shadow of doubt the police shot up a neighborhood trying to murder him. The police shot at two people delivering News Papers for god sake two unarmed people a mother and daughter who were doing nothing wrong. The police are trying to silence the man so you should at the very least be open to the possibility they have fabricated those charges against him.

What credibility do the police have in this matter when they try to murder him and nearly kill innocent people in the process? They didn’t even identify themselves and open fire with over 60 rounds terrorizing a neighborhood. On top of that their aim sucks to have shot up so many houses in the process. The police are hiding something of that I have no doubt.
    edit on 8-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: add picture

I don't see how anyone inside that truck would still be alive, probably more lies. Look at that picture how can anyone give LAPD any credibility.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:00 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

Originally posted by SimonPetrikov

You are contradicting yourself.

You say he should have taken the non violent rout.
    Yet you say he should have just talked himself blue. (talking with no result)

You say he shouldn’t have went to taking blood, but you admit with your own statement that he would have gotten nowhere by talking.

So you just want him to just take the deal he has been given, suffer, and like it.
    Most people will, some won’t.

You would rather sacrifice people that have been wronged, instead of upsetting the apple cart and disrupting the normalcy of the day to day world.

I apologize for not being more clear. "talked himself blue" was probably a poor choice of words. The hopeful outcome would be that others would hear his words, and band together with him. I only said talked himself blue because who knows how long it will take, but Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither did it fall in one.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:05 AM
    link   

No matter what the number and skill of the oppressor, the answer is not to shoot the offspring of those who offend the freedom of the people, nor is it to create such terror amongst the oppressor ranks, that they deem any vehicle or personage baring resemblance to the spectre that haunts them, worth shooting, just in case they happen to be that spectre.

Whatever his motivation, the man for whom the police are hunting at this moment, has passed beyond any ability for the people to assign him any genuine empathy. He shot non combatants in cold blood. He didnt go for the people that he blames for his firing, or the people who he accuses of corruption, but his first act was to attack unarmed relatives of one of his enemies. Whatever genuinely just intent he may have had, it is clear enough to me that he is not in touch with that, or at least was not when he pulled the trigger on the innocent.

The combination of his self justification, and his apparant ability to disregard morality are a lethal mixture to be sure, but not one that I appreciate, or condone. Not even the worst people on the planet deserve to have thier children under a gun.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:16 AM
    link   

If ANYTHING you now just gave FAR more validation to his cause and the argument he is actually SAVING lives.

Christopher Dorner SAVING lives.

Too rich.

Then again, since you have stated how the Police have treated you, I can assume that your opinion has an already slanted bias.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:24 AM
    link   
    reply to post by TrueBrit

That view on life only works when you got a sympathetic governing system. Something that actually responds to the will of the people.

But that view becomes self defeating in the face of a truly despotic government. All the tyrannical government has to do is ignore you, marginalize you, and pressure you to the point that they force you to turn to violence to get anything changed, and then your own people will discount you and call you a crazy person.

A vicious enough attack to actually shake up the people in control is past the “acceptable point” for possible supporters. The fact that it is “beyond acceptable” is the only reason it shakes up the leadership in the first place.

Thus, nothing will change, and that is by design. That is the way the despotic government wants it.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join