It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by Badgered1

Dorner may very well have legitimate grievances against the LAPD, but the way he is going about seeking a redress of those grievances is completely wrong. I do not like the fact the restaurant I ate at the other day served cold food to me, but I cannot kill the waiter's family members because of it.

And what if after watching the waiter rape and impose fear on countless other, the waiter then took everything you valued and defined yourself by?

Cold food and the LAPD is like comparing a wet willy to anal rape from a rabies infested, HIV positive, zombie.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigchieftimberlog

-"I am not the state department who states they do not negotiate with terrorist, because anybody with a Secret or TS/SCI has seen IIR’s on SIPR and knows that the US state department always negotiates by using CF countries or independent sovereign/neutral country to mediate and compromising."

what to make of that?

Wouldn't he be breaking some terms of the clearance if this is a leak?

Is it a leak? Or just a nutjob rambling?

I seriously doubt that a man that just declared war on many people within the LAPD really cares if he is "breaking TOS agreements". What he stated could very well be true, but we will never know unless someone confirms it within the state department.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nottelling

-"I will utilize OSINT to discover your residences, spouses workplaces, and children’s schools. IMINT to coordinate and plan attacks on your fixed locations. Its amazing whats on NIPR. HUMINT will be utilized to collect personal schedules of targets."

LOL He's using Facebook, Google Earth and a bit of social engineering on the phone to plan his "operations". Hahaha Why not? They are viable tools I guess.

It's interesting what he implies about NIPR. As a retired Navy officer, he's probably still got access. Note that cleared ex-DoD personnel retain access privileges to a lot of protected or semi-restricted systems such as AKO.

I have read the Manifesto - both the original and the doctored copies. I am starting to think that this guy is less and less of a threat as time goes on. If he killed those two relatives of the dude who wronged him as has been alleged, then he's little more than a common murderer on the run from the law. I don't think he's in any position to start takin' out bad guys - he's too busy preserving his own behind.

I wouldn't doubt him if it was me, although I do understand what you are saying in regards to him being on the run. Are you suggesting he's using all these fancy abbreviations to scare people into doing what he wants?

He seems to be pretty capable to do what he says he plans on doing.

"You are aware that I have always been the top shot, highest score, an expert in rifle qualifications in every unit I’ve been in. I will utilize every bit of small arms training, demolition, ordnance, and survival training I’ve been given."

No offense but do you know anything about clearances or the INT stuff he's talking about? I am just asking because you said the bit about facebook and google earth.

I don't think he's trying to leak or be a whistle blower but he is making some heavy accusations regarding the state department.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
He was discharged on the first. The dead couple were found on the second, a Sunday. Two days later, a Tuesday, he checked into a Navy hotel with his own ID, making no attempt to conceal his presence or identity. The next night he was named as a suspect.

Targeted murders inside cars are almost always perpetrated by someone the victims know well; given the animosity between Dorner and her father, it is almost impossible to believe they would have admitted him into their private parking garage, let alone into the backseat of their car.

"Officers found their bodies after someone reported seeing Lawrence slumped over the wheel of his vehicle. Quan was found in the front passenger seat and Lawrence was in the driver seat."

"The parking structure requires a key-code for entry and there are security cameras throughout the complex."

Quotes from www.cbsnews.com... inside-car-report-says/

Where's the video? Why are even the police claiming to base their suspicion of him in the first killings on the Manifesto if they have him doing it on camera? WHERE IS THE TAPE?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Dorner may very well have legitimate grievances. I do not think everything in his manifesto is complete BS. It would not surprise me if many or most LAPD cops are happy when homicides occur because it means overtime pay for them. It would not surprise me if many LAPD cops swapped pictures of crime scenes amongst themselves. Of course we all know that some cops in every police department engaged in police brutality.

The problem with Dorner right now is that his actions are a better counter-argument to anything he said in his manifesto than anything some PR department could cook up. Why should law enforcement respond to the manifesto when Dorner is making such a great argument for the case of law enforcement?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

-"I am not the state department who states they do not negotiate with terrorist, because anybody with a Secret or TS/SCI has seen IIR’s on SIPR and knows that the US state department always negotiates by using CF countries or independent sovereign/neutral country to mediate and compromising."

what to make of that?

Wouldn't he be breaking some terms of the clearance if this is a leak?

Is it a leak? Or just a nutjob rambling?

I seriously doubt that a man that just declared war on many people within the LAPD really cares if he is "breaking TOS agreements". What he stated could very well be true, but we will never know unless someone confirms it within the state department.

Yeah I don't think at this point as he's probably pooping in the snow in the woods he would care either. This possible leak is only going to quicken his death...or suicide. (I feel like Borat learning how to make jokes in America, is that a good or bad joke to make?)
edit on 8-2-2013 by bigchieftimberlog because: "he called the # poo"

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

The new policy is that the public doesn't see the tape or at least the one that might be meaningful. Seem like that question comes up often lately.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buffalo2LA

Originally posted by gangdumstyle

Originally posted by onequestion

I dont know what that means weather he is right or wrong.
"Weather" he is right or wrong.. Get a grip, the guy is wrong, he was wrong for killing his lawyers daughter, Dorner deserves a bullet in his head for that... This guy is no Ghandi thats for damn sure..

In the history of man the list of names who have brought change via violence and bloodshed is a miles longer than those who have done it peacefully.

Are you seriously equating this murderer with a freedom fighter?

Is it now that far gone that when someone breaks, he's not going postal... He's liberating our freedoms by shooting innocent targets and plotting to kill people accused of no formal crime?

Oh but war war ra ra they do it all the time people die. yeah..

So when bob next door decides to stalk your children because you put rubbish in his garbage can, it's ok if he kills them. Hey they were guilty by association.

Plus, he's got a manifesto. and says things like top secret clearance. and is the end result of a society that glorifies rambo.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
He was discharged on the first. The dead couple were found on the second, a Sunday. Two days later, a Tuesday, he checked into a Navy hotel with his own ID, making no attempt to conceal his presence or identity. The next night he was named as a suspect.

Targeted murders inside cars are almost always perpetrated by someone the victims know well; given the animosity between Dorner and her father, it is almost impossible to believe they would have admitted him into their private parking garage, let alone into the backseat of their car.

"Officers found their bodies after someone reported seeing Lawrence slumped over the wheel of his vehicle. Quan was found in the front passenger seat and Lawrence was in the driver seat."

"The parking structure requires a key-code for entry and there are security cameras throughout the complex."

Quotes from www.cbsnews.com... inside-car-report-says/

Where's the video? Why are even the police claiming to base their suspicion of him in the first killings on the Manifesto if they have him doing it on camera? WHERE IS THE TAPE?

Nice catch! Yes where is the video from this private parking garage? He is obviously not hiding his face in the other surveillance video that is being reported by the MSM, so it is reasonable to think he wouldn't hide it if he was even ever in that parking garage.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by MystikMushroom

That movie is exactly what I thought of when I heard of this. Everyone should watch it at least once I know I was cheering for him throughout the movie.

Gerat movie, it was on the tv the other night too, ironically. Must be the plan

But you realise that in the movie, he was simply going home to see his daughter. Despite being not economically viable, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time in a series of ironic events that followed one after the other.

No manifesto, no plan, no desire to go shoot his boss. Just wanted to see his kid on her birthday.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Two days later, a Tuesday, he checked into a Navy hotel with his own ID, making no attempt to conceal his presence or identity. The next night he was named as a suspect.

He seems pretty "come and get me"

He's going out in a "blaze of glory" for sure considering he simply doesn't give a rats behind.

Hopefully he is found and captured without incident.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes
Is a job with the LAPD really worth all this. Probably could have made more money starting his own Security Company. Yeah he got dicked, but you don't have to go on a shooting rampage. Standing up for what you believe in, and trying to clear your name is all good, but do it with out killing people.

Write papers, tv channels, anyone and everyone for as long as you can until someone listens. Go to magazines, go on the internet, go on tv. Everyone hates the LAPD i am sure there could have been a more civil way to go about this.

By doing what he is doing, he just ruins his image and name even more. What a dummy.

You're REALLY missing the point and trivializing it to the lowest common denominator. Is REactions are a the end result of the sum of the LAPD and their rampant practices.

Making this about ONE incident is just obliviousness. The Man as spoken out against injustice at every stage of his life. A man like that is a THREAT to the establishment and the powers that be. He cannot be bought, he cannot be bargained with and he cannot be swayed. HE IS your John Mcclain!

You have all seen this man so many times in movies you think you would recognize him from a mile away in real life, the problem is none of us thought a TRUE IDEALIST like this existed any more.

This is a man who decided the moment he lost everything, that he was going to find another way to make his name mean something and another way to try and do good for ALL OF US that have lived under and been intimidated by the rule of the LAPD.

You can take issue with his methods and be rightfully so, but the methods of the evils he fights against quit playing fair long ago. You can't fight evil that doesn't play by the rules in a courtroom.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Two days later, a Tuesday, he checked into a Navy hotel with his own ID, making no attempt to conceal his presence or identity. The next night he was named as a suspect.

He's going out in a "blaze of glory" for sure considering he simply doesn't give a rats behind.

If he is found he will be silenced, that you can be sure of. The LAPD has no intentions of bringing this man in alive just based on their actions today alone.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

The new policy is that the public doesn't see the tape or at least the one that might be meaningful. Seem like that question comes up often lately.

Yes, but the LAPD have not even MENTIONED the tape. They themselves claim their suspicion of Dorner in those two murders is based on his manifesto. Even if they weren't showing the tape, if they had him on tape doing it they'd be trumpeting it all over the place -- just like they did the manifesto, which got to the press via the LAPD.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There is one thing I have no doubts about. The police are scared and I think they should be.

One thing I am surprised about is that he hasn’t killed others.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Who said you guys were at war? Who made you guys judge juror and executioner?

Do you guys have a signed declaration of war?

I believe the manifesto from a Soldier made it CRYSTAL CLEAR he is at war and operating under such standards.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

So he would just be a suspect and possibly no actual evidence. They seem sure of the officer killings though.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I'm not reading 800 posts but...

What does a student with no aggressive history, a autistic teenager, and a ex-cop that everyone loves have in common?

Is it me, or should this be the last people around to go ape #.......

This has stopped being a "gun thing" a long time ago, what is driving all this?

Star and bingo. Wouldn't it be the most "unexpected" that could instill the most fear?
For your three scenarios..
'Oh he was well liked, real quiet... never thought in a million years'
'Who'd have thought anybody that challenged coulda...'
or best of all, "This guy was a pillar of the community, and then we find all these....'
Great point. This deal is being played out "Beauty and the [hold it] BECOMES Beast".
And just maybe, to villify or otherwise deflect the original motive and/or MFG bad guy?
I thought all along with this guy's clearance he must have had access to more channels
of recourse than a LOT of us. But seemingly all of a sudden, years later...
Too good to be untrue, if good can be anything that could ring as true as expo of
corruption/ reprisal payback. Some people's motives have to be legitimate, but localized
hari-kiri by the department, God help us. How bad would it have to be for you to..
I'm not going there, because the damage and deeds were allegedly done.
Good bedtime jerky America; and watch out for the pepper steak, it's got an Uzi.
All I want to know is-- who's going to use this for sand under his tires tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nottelling

-"I will utilize OSINT to discover your residences, spouses workplaces, and children’s schools. IMINT to coordinate and plan attacks on your fixed locations. Its amazing whats on NIPR. HUMINT will be utilized to collect personal schedules of targets."

LOL He's using Facebook, Google Earth and a bit of social engineering on the phone to plan his "operations". Hahaha Why not? They are viable tools I guess.

It's interesting what he implies about NIPR. As a retired Navy officer, he's probably still got access. Note that cleared ex-DoD personnel retain access privileges to a lot of protected or semi-restricted systems such as AKO.

I have read the Manifesto - both the original and the doctored copies. I am starting to think that this guy is less and less of a threat as time goes on. If he killed those two relatives of the dude who wronged him as has been alleged, then he's little more than a common murderer on the run from the law. I don't think he's in any position to start takin' out bad guys - he's too busy preserving his own behind.

I wouldn't doubt him if it was me, although I do understand what you are saying in regards to him being on the run. Are you suggesting he's using all these fancy abbreviations to scare people into doing what he wants?

He seems to be pretty capable to do what he says he plans on doing.

"You are aware that I have always been the top shot, highest score, an expert in rifle qualifications in every unit I’ve been in. I will utilize every bit of small arms training, demolition, ordnance, and survival training I’ve been given."

No offense but do you know anything about clearances or the INT stuff he's talking about? I am just asking because you said the bit about facebook and google earth.

I don't think he's trying to leak or be a whistle blower but he is making some heavy accusations regarding the state department.

I think he's using the various military acronyms to try and psych out his opponents just like he used his body building physique to psyche out the bad guys on the mean streets of LA - even though the same physique would have been an encumbrance when it came to foot pursuits or room clearing. It's just a theory of course with nothing to back it up but my opinion.

The INT stuff he's he talking about in that excerpt can be decoded thusly:

OSINT - Open Source Intelligence. If he wants to know what someone's doing then Facebook is the natural go-to place on the web. A basic google search will tell him much of what he wants to know.

IMINT - Imagery Intelligence. In this context he's talking about aerial and/or satellite imagery - Google Earth has detailed, high-res aerial photography of most suburban areas and "street view" just adds an extra-scary dimension.

HUMINT - Human Intelligence. What I mean here is that he would need only make a few phone calls under false pretenses to elucidate info which would be mighty useful for him for targeting purposes.

It's good practice to keep your online and real lives securely separated. What if the favourite niece of some cop who wronged this guy was the next on his hit list? She has done nothing to him and may find herself a favored target simply because she posts her movements routinely on Twitter. Don't do it. The next anti-hero with a grudge might go after you. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram... these are just a couple of places where someone can find out "actionable" information which can then be collated into a "targeting" package.

Dorner is a former desk-driving counterintelligence dweeb - he knows all about collating actionable information and his opponents know that. Whether he is capable of actioning anything he may collate is a different story. He's a rabbit on the run because he telegraphed his intentions. Just as well. That mistake may have saved some innocent lives.
edit on 8-2-2013 by nottelling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

If he is found he will be silenced, that you can be sure of. The LAPD has no intentions of bringing this man in alive just based on their actions today alone.

His manifesto has pretty much suggests he will kill any LAPD officer who gets near him, the LAPD can always shoot first at this point and nobody would blame them.

That seems to be where this whole problem began though, that exact mentality.

I find it hard to believe someone who checked out with a TS/SCI and had it for roughly 8 years according to him and was able to pass the LAPD psych tests would be a nut job though. This guy seems to have really been wronged by the LAPD and it's sad/frightening that he feels he has to go through with such a drastic response.

I have read to get a TS it takes 18 months and you go through all kinds of character checks. The SCI I don't know much about besides what it stands for. I am assuming in that process there would have been a few times where his mental sanity/stability would have been called into question.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join