It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Why does there have to be any precedent?

Numbers of combatants mean nothing and soldiers can fight to the last man if they so choose.

I tell you what. If the definition changes or the combat channel runs a special about the one man war I will change my mind.
I can see it now the History Channel promo” Thousands of years of wars but one man redefines the meaning of war”

OR

You are simply mistaken about what can be considered a war.

Precedents matter especial with something our species has so much experience with. Like I said we are entitled to opinions I just do not see any evidence that supports yours.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm not reading 800 posts but...

What does a student with no aggressive history, a autistic teenager, and a ex-cop that everyone loves have in common?

Is it me, or should this be the last people around to go ape #.......

This has stopped being a "gun thing" a long time ago, what is driving all this?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Not sure this means anything but there is a street in Germany named Christoph-Dorner.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by SpaDe_

With all due respect, you are assuming everything he has to say is 100% true. There are at least two sides to every story. The guy mentions in his own manifesto he had head injuries. Maybe the department dismissed his allegations and dismissed him for good reason because he was not all there.

Based on the actions of the LAPD, I am willing to believe a good portion of what he mentions if not all of what he mentions about corruption within the department to be true. This isn't the first time the LAPD has had corruption issues brought to light, and I am certain it won't be the last.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Anyone else bother to read his manifesto?

some highlights include

-"I had a TS/SCI clearance(Top Secret Sensitive Compartmentalized Information clearance) up until shortly after my termination with LAPD. This is the highest clearance a service member can attain other than a Yankee White TS/SCI which is only granted for those working with and around the President/Vice President of the United States."

and

-"I am not the state department who states they do not negotiate with terrorist, because anybody with a Secret or TS/SCI has seen IIR’s on SIPR and knows that the US state department always negotiates by using CF countries or independent sovereign/neutral country to mediate and compromising."

what to make of that?

The LAPD needs to release the BOR report he goes on about as he seems to have everything ready to go so to speak

-"I will utilize OSINT to discover your residences, spouses workplaces, and children’s schools. IMINT to coordinate and plan attacks on your fixed locations. Its amazing whats on NIPR. HUMINT will be utilized to collect personal schedules of targets."

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by SpaDe_

Demonize?! Destroy his credibility?! This man murdered two innocent people. Any credibility he had flew out the window when he decided to take someone else's life. He demonized himself. He IS crazy. Stable people don't go on murderous rampages.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Pushed far enough they absolutely do. Innocent people get murdered EVERY DAY in incidents of the "Greater Good". Just because it doesn't typically happen in your backyard, doesn't mean good people don't get pushed too far. War is UGLY. Neither side is 100% "Good" and keeps their hands clean.

edit on 8-2-2013 by Buffalo2LA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Explanation: St*rred!

I fully agree and here is why ...

You're either with us, or against us [wiki]

• Hillary Clinton said on September 13, 2001: "Every nation has to either be with us, or against us. Those who harbor terrorists, or who finance them, are going to pay a price."

• President George W. Bush, in an address to a joint session of Congress on September 20, 2001 said, "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." This attitude is often qualified of a prime example of Manicheanism

• That is indeed the USA's foriegn policy!

Personal Disclosure: Furthermore ...

• George Orwell wrote in his 1942 essay "Pacifism and the War", "If you hamper the war effort of one side you automatically help that of the other. Nor is there any real way of remaining outside such a war as the present one. In practice, ‘he that is not with me is against me’. The idea that you can somehow remain aloof from and superior to the struggle, while living on food which British sailors have to risk their lives to bring you, is a bourgeois illusion bred of money and security."

• And with the LAPDs reaction to this, military, crisis it is clear that its may be the USA's domestic policy also!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:01 PM
    link   

Sorry but that wasn’t a war maybe you should reread it on top of that he was not a combatant. You are really grasping at straws.

I am not really interested in whatever you are trying to do.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:02 PM
    link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
    Reply to post by SpaDe_

Demonize?! Destroy his credibility?! This man murdered two innocent people. Any credibility he had flew out the window when he decided to take someone else's life. He demonized himself. He IS crazy. Stable people don't go on murderous rampages.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 8-2-2013 by Buffalo2LA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:03 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Xtrozero

Correct. Conspiracy wise, this would be the "Oh, and cops can't have guns either." flavored false flag.

Mind you I am keeping an open mind with this one, and taking the story as they report it, theorizing nothing.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:09 PM
    link   
    Many of the members here are not old enough to remember the Michael Douglass film entitled, "Falling Down". This entire "incident" eerily reminds me of this movie.

The story is of a normal man that has "had enough!" and eventually snaps. He basically goes vigilante, and does what most of us would clap for. I mean, hell -- I'm pissed when I arrive at McDonalds 2 minutes to late for their breakfast menu.

This movie was even set in LA around 1993.

I encourage everyone on ATS to remember, or watch for the first time the trailer for this movie.

Sometimes people "snap". As I have already said, I do not condone killing people. At this point, we don't even have any witnesses that he did. We don't even know if he actually wrote one of the many "versions" of this manifesto the MSM is hyping. We really don't know. All I do know is, this is a dead man walking.

That is the most dangerous kind.

link   
    reply to post by Grimpachi

Explanation: Walk a mile in Mr Mohamed Bouazizi's shoes and tell me whether him burning himself alive was an act of war against his government or not!

It was definately an act of war against his ownself!

It directly lead to war and so his act was indeed the warlike revolutionary spark that instigated the WAR in his own country plus also in Lybia and Egypt and now in Syria!

Personal Disclosure: If you can't see the logic of that regardless of how unreasonable it may appear to you then I have nothing further to say to you ok!

link   

Originally posted by bigchieftimberlog

-"I am not the state department who states they do not negotiate with terrorist, because anybody with a Secret or TS/SCI has seen IIR’s on SIPR and knows that the US state department always negotiates by using CF countries or independent sovereign/neutral country to mediate and compromising."

what to make of that?

Wouldn't he be breaking some terms of the clearance if this is a leak?

Is it a leak? Or just a nutjob rambling?

link   

Originally posted by bigchieftimberlog
    -"I will utilize OSINT to discover your residences, spouses workplaces, and children’s schools. IMINT to coordinate and plan attacks on your fixed locations. Its amazing whats on NIPR. HUMINT will be utilized to collect personal schedules of targets."

LOL He's using Facebook, Google Earth and a bit of social engineering on the phone to plan his "operations". Hahaha Why not? They are viable tools I guess.

It's interesting what he implies about NIPR. As a retired Navy officer, he's probably still got access. Note that cleared ex-DoD personnel retain access privileges to a lot of protected or semi-restricted systems such as AKO.

I have read the Manifesto - both the original and the doctored copies. I am starting to think that this guy is less and less of a threat as time goes on. If he killed those two relatives of the dude who wronged him as has been alleged, then he's little more than a common murderer on the run from the law. I don't think he's in any position to start takin' out bad guys - he's too busy preserving his own behind.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:11 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Xtrozero

He was pushed to the edge by corruption in the police department.

Not sure what Lanza's story is.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:12 PM
    link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle

Originally posted by onequestion

I dont know what that means weather he is right or wrong.
    "Weather" he is right or wrong.. Get a grip, the guy is wrong, he was wrong for killing his lawyers daughter, Dorner deserves a bullet in his head for that... This guy is no Ghandi thats for damn sure..

In the history of man the list of names who have brought change via violence and bloodshed is a miles longer than those who have done it peacefully.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:15 PM
    link   
    reply to post by MystikMushroom

That movie is exactly what I thought of when I heard of this. Everyone should watch it at least once I know I was cheering for him throughout the movie.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:16 PM
    link   

Let's just hope that he doesn't go to a bodega to buy a can of coke and finds the price unacceptable...

oh God, I hope he doesn't feel like some breakfast a minute after they stop severing it...

:-)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:18 PM
    link   

You are entitled to your opinion but I do not agree with you nor do I see any evidence that supports your position. There that is the third and last time I will tell you that.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:19 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

That movie is exactly what I thought of when I heard of this. Everyone should watch it at least once I know I was cheering for him throughout the movie.

I was rooting for Bobby Duvall's bat s crazy wife to stop the crime spree LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join