It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

He claims he has sa-7 manpads (anti aircraft shoulder launched rockets).

Aren't these million dollar items on the black market ? This poor guys life is in ruins. False Flag free speech

edit on 8-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Just a few things I want to offer...

1. I can not support a murderer, if in fact he is one. I do however appreciate the opportunity of self evaluation he apparently is offering to the LAPD as well as all law enforcement. I find this whole thing very interesting and disturbing on many levels. I do not think there is a ulterior conspiracy here other than the one in plain sight. My only hope now is that loss of life is minimal and change for the better is at hand.

2. I do not foresee any criminal organization wanting to affiliate themselves(s) with him. No one in their right minds would want to be near the heat he will bring down. Sure, many will support the vigilante mentality apparently focused on public office corruption(s), but to allow that spotlight to get near to your crime organization? I do not think so. If any support at all, it would be on a person to person basis, but I doubt this is even going to be required.

3. If what they are saying about his training(s) are accurate then we are in for a ride. He will NOT have a bunker, bunkers are where people go to hide, then die. He will have the mindset and training to constantly be on the move, gaining food, water, and weaponry from the land and most likely many small caches of supplies he has planted throughout over the last months/years.

4. EVERYTHING we are seeing right now is pure psychological warfare, from both sides. I would trust nothing either side is saying other than to know every word of each sentence is deliberate in intention. If even half of the intelligence, credentials, and training(s) being accredited to Dorner are accurate, the psychological and tactical warfare he will bring is beyond understanding to 99.99 percent of anyone, including the formidable minds here. It appears to me he game plan at the moment is to keep the LAPD scrambling on high alert, create diversions, and usher in a climate of unrest for his 'enemies'. What he is doing, or going to do with this time afforded I have no clue, but if I had to guess I would say that one week from the start of this all will be when the first 'retribution' killing (I'm thinking bombing) will take place. And I suspect it will be exacted on someone directly linked with his termination as a LAPD officer. Someone high up to show his will can not be denied or stopped.

I believe he is going to use a traditional (if you could call it that) shock and awe methodology to his command. The world, especially the LAPD is in shock right now over all of this. The hunter(s) have become the hunted and very possibly by something formidable and unpredictable. Dorner will use this 'burning of the bush' to his advantage and when the shock begins to wear off (in about a week) he will bring the awe...

I believe his area of operation(s) is going to allow him the time and landscape to search, strike, and evade for weeks, and perhaps months if the LAPD do not get serious help. There are branches of the military specifically designed for a counter attack on just such people, and in just such areas of operations where asymmetrical warfare is their game as well. I personally give Dorner a 50/50 shot at becoming the successful exacting sword of vengeance he seemingly sought out to be. If he prepared the way I figure he has, it is going to take more than luck to stop him.

In the end, all I have to go by is the same as everyone else here. I am shocked, intrigued, and disgusted just as much as well. I hope the blood shed is minimal, and that lessons are taken to heart. I hope for a peaceful resolution yet glued to the news in search of new and 'exciting' information to unfold...

link   
Explanation: As I stated on pg31 of this thread ... this is now a WAR and not criminal activity.

If he has either a .50cal and or a manpad ... then why the hell aren't they closing down the LA airport?

Because he could easily take out a large jet plane full of passangers and crew ... and god knows where such a plane would come down over LA!

Now he apparently has a level of honour and I doubt he would do such an obscene and underhanded act which would clearly be disproportionate overkill to his stated goals in his manifesto [the unaltered original].

But can the authorities take that chance?

Personal Disclosure: Should Martial Law Be Declared Immediately?

Also, has anybody seriously considered the potential fix to this crisis that I mention at the bottom of my post on pg31 of this thread?

edit on 8-2-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
reply to post by nottelling

Even if he were intel/cointel, he'd still be taught skills. My grandfather was military intel early on in his career and underwent SAC survival training despite this "desk driver" position. He was also the recipient of the Small Arms Expert Marksmanship ribbon for both his proficiency with both rifle and pistol. If Dorner was military intel, it doesn't mean that he was just a pencil pusher. Military intelligence is one of the most pivotal aspects of any military as it is their duty to protect all military assets, both industry and unit. They may not be Navy Seals but they are likely to be the next closest things. Their particular skill set, however, is very different. Although my grandfather used to joke that military intelligence felt like an oxymoron at times, he still was a bit of a bad ass.

LOL All my respect to Old grandad there, and I'm sure his badassery quotient was off the charts back in the day fighting the Nazi or the Russkies or whatever, but times have changed, and today, unless you're doing HUMINT, you're unlikely to see any field time at all - particularly if you're a naval reservist, who are assigned to fill gaps when the regular full time personnel are off doing actual operational tasks.

It's not like the National Guard and the Air National Guard where part-time soldiers and aircrew are deployed in combat roles left right and center. As a Lieutenant (O-3 - equivalent of an Army Captain) Dorner's job in the Navy was commander of a Naval Reserve Security Group unit. (Ref: en.wikipedia.org...) . The role was information operations (security focused) and general com security including crypto.

His Naval record also says something about serving in Naval Undersea Warfare. Kind of sounds like dudes in black wetsuits infiltrating an enemy-held beach in the dead of night? It's not quite as exciting as all that. It's submarines and everything to do with submarines including their secure communications.

He does appear to have performed some sort of a security role in Iraq (probably private sector) guarding an oil drilling rig, but that's as close he would have gotten to donning the green face paint.

Just because he qualified as a rifle/pistol marksman means squat - there are naval reserve clerks and dentists out there who have the same qualifications.

Military intelligence work for most of the folks who serve in that capacity is 90% pencil pushing and powerpointing. Try not to get sucked into propaganda for or against this guy - he is what he is.

The Navy stuff isn't what makes him a formidable enemy to the terminally-corrupt LAPD. The fact that he was one of their own and has put a lot of thought into how to negate every operational advantage they might have is what scares them most - and it should.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus
reply to post by randyvs

off topic...don't make me report you again.

drop it.

WTH? What is this, the 3rd grade? You seriously report people like a little girl? Jesus H Christ.

Anyway, anyone who publicly humiliates the corrupt LAPD and targets them, is aces in my book. The guy is not threatening the general public.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Didn't someone claim they had his manifesto for a week prior to the release, or was that just someone blowing smoke up someone's uhh....

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Grimpachi, I tend to agree with you. I felt that with two cars involved there has to be an accomplice because I cannot for the life of me figure out how Dorner gets 2 cars from LA County to Big Bear by himself. If I could figure that out I'd almost immediately drop the potential accomplice theory.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes to number one and two...

Let me ask you something, is absolutely everything on the msm news a lie? I think you just need to discern the lies from the truths, much like on the internet...

But look that isn't the point I'm making anyway... I'm not saying that the MSM isn't lying in this case, perhaps they are... Perhaps this is another complete set up false flag, it is way too early to say much of anything...

All I am saying is your premise that no-one could escape the cops is very weak at best...

I found the female in that interview just now very strange... She seemed rather chipper and upbeat for someone in her circumstance... Her responses to things didn't really sit well with me... Like when she was asked if there is any indication of accomplices she hesitated before saying no... And when asked if people should still stay indoors she didn't seem to care all too much... She just shrugged and was like "sure" lol...

There was a bit too much smiling too...

Non of it means anything really but just my observations...

As well as it being obviously stupid for the police to inform people of their intentions... Even telling where the base of operations is moving to and the like...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

Exactly. I think that both Dorner and law enforcement utilized the "clever ruse" technique which seems to have resulted in somewhat of a stalemate as far as Big Bear is concerned.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
From all the live reports this afternoon, it looks like a perfect weekend to ski Big Bear-- lot's of natural snow, no big crowds and ample parking...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

i've reported him multiple times...

at any rate, there isn't much to discuss, until we can get some updated information...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by randyvs

I found the female in that interview just now very strange... She seemed rather chipper and upbeat for someone in her circumstance... Her responses to things didn't really sit well with me... Like when she was asked if there is any indication of accomplices she hesitated before saying no... And when asked if people should still stay indoors she didn't seem to care all too much... She just shrugged and was like "sure" lol...

mee30, thank you for mentioning the police spokeswoman's response to the accomplice question-- when I was watching it I wondered if I was reading too much into it but your post would seem to indicate that we both picked up on that response as well as her non-concern answer about the locals safety.

link   
reply to post by mee30

Let me ask you something, is absolutely everything on the msm news a lie? I think you just need to discern the lies from the truths, much like on the internet...

I think they may tell the truth about the weather.

But there's no doubt this story is BS.

Omega

Personal Disclosure: Should Martial Law Be Declared Immediately

This is the pretext for that as I said earlier.
edit on 8-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

well thought out.

I have no idea what to think about all of this because it's still on going and we lack details...or at least enough of them for me to form an intelligent opinion.

I don't want anyone else to lose their life so hopefully something peaceful can come of this.......too much violence going on these days.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

oh goddamnit, how many more times do i hafta say..

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is all they have on murder of the couple:

Point 1 on the map.

Late Sunday: Couple shot and killed Last Updated by LAT Graphics yesterday

Monica Quan, 28, and her fiance, Keith Lawrence, 27, were found shot to death Sunday.

Quan's father, a retired LAPD captain, was involved in the review process that ultimately led to the dismissal from the police force of suspect Christopher Jordan Dorner.

Found shot to death.

That's all. The rest is speculation.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus
reply to post by FyreByrd

oh goddamnit, how many more times do i hafta say..

That's amusing as all get-out but you need to stop spamming the thread with it.

K Thanks.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
LMAO, streaking through ats haha, hell i'll do it with ya cause he can't be there!

He made them think he was going to mexico, big bear, connections in nevada man it's a squirrel chase,......All going through my head is ray stevens and the streak lol......holy crap i need a break! or more coffee..........

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by unfor54k3n
did anyone even read this lol my friend has first hand talk of him being hunted down to be executed. Thats some serious stuff

old news...given that they've shot, and shot at civilians for driving pickup trucks, they've got sheriff, ICE/DHS, and the national guard involved, it's plain to see that they're not planning to even try to take him alive....don't need a second hand account of some mouthbreathing beat cops talking about executing a citizen...

I do appreciate that you tried to contribute though, and i'm being sincere about that..

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The bottom line here is that the LAPD has shown that they...

1) Use more resources and put forth more effort in resolving a threat when they are the target. If any LA resident went to them saying they felt threatened, the cops would say "Call us if something happens".

2) Have shown that their intent is not to arrest this man or protect the public. By shooting two innocent women and opening fire without seeing who the driver of either truck was, the showed clearly that they will not let this man surrender or turn himself in. They have every intention of killing him on the spot.

This is me worried about the LAPD officers' well being --->

This is clearly a case where instead of bringing in a dirty cop, they fired another for reporting him. They are infamous for protecting their own. They are as bad as the pope.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join