It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

metronews.ca

A former Los Angeles police officer sought for two weekend killings — and who threatened to kill police — is a suspect in an overnight shooting in nearby Riverside that killed one officer and critically wounded another, police said Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
www.theglobeandmail. com

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I just found this and thought that some on ATS might find it interesting; an ex-LAPD police officer is being hunted. According to the source he has made other threads against members of the LAPD and is a former US Navy reservist who was fired form the LAPD after making false statements.

My apologises if this has already been posting but I just thought it might be worth posting.

metronews.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

From what I've seen on our local news here in Los Angeles, he (Christopher Dorner) alledgedly shot and killed the daughter Monica Quan and her boyfriend on Sunday, of a former LAPD attorney/officer (Quan) who sat on the LAPD review board that gave the decision on Dorner's case that ultimately lead to him being fired. It has been reported that he also killed a Riverside police officer today and shot another officer in the head, but that officer survived. He reportedly made comments on FB or some social media website, that he was misrepresented by Quan or another individual within the LAPD.

He supposedly has a manifesto of LAPD officers, that he says he will "take out" for ruining his life. It has also been reported he made remarks about how he wants his name restored and that the LAPD is no different today than it was back in the days of Rodney King and the Rampart scandal.

This guy if all this is true is one very disgruntled man! He also has a background as a Navy Reservist with medals in marksmanship.

This story has also been on CNN all morning.

Christopher Dorner
Local CBS News Story
LA Times Blog

If you ask me...for right now it seems that Dorner is doing the hunting

edit on 2/7/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Christopher Dorner’s Manifesto (Disturbing Content and Language)
Read more at ktla.com...

Regarding CF# 07-004281

I know most of you who personally know me are in disbelief to hear from media reports that I am suspected of committing such horrendous murders and have taken drastic and shocking actions in the last couple of days. You are saying to yourself that this is completely out of character of the man you knew who always wore a smile wherever he was seen. I know I will be vilified by the LAPD and the media. Unfortunately, this is a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name. The department has not changed since the Rampart and Rodney King days. It has gotten worse. The consent decree should never have been lifted. The only thing that has evolved from the consent decree is those officers involved in the Rampart scandal and Rodney King incidents have since promoted to supervisor, commanders, and command staff, and executive positions.

The question is, what would you do to clear your name?

Way too much to post in one frame:
Source
edit on Thu Feb 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed, added tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLife

This is a crazy story thus far! That's awesome that you found his manifesto
Here's a little more of Dorner's manifesto that's listed in SunLife's link:

I have exhausted all available means at obtaining my name back. I have attempted all legal court efforts within appeals at the Superior Courts and California Appellate courts. This is my last resort. The LAPD has suppressed the truth and it has now lead to deadly consequences. The LAPD’s actions have cost me my law enforcement career that began on 2/7/05 and ended on 1/2/09. They cost me my Naval career which started on 4/02 and ends on 2/13. I had a TS/SCI clearance(Top Secret Sensitive Compartmentalized Information clearance) up until shortly after my termination with LAPD. This is the highest clearance a service member can attain other than a Yankee White TS/SCI which is only granted for those working with and around the President/Vice President of the United States. I lost my position as a Commanding Officer of a Naval Security Forces reserve unit at NAS Fallon because of the LAPD. I’ve lost a relationship with my mother and sister because of the LAPD. I’ve lost a relationship with close friends because of the LAPD. In essence, I’ve lost everything because the LAPD took my name and new I was INNOCENT!!! XXXX, XXXX, XXXX , and XXXX all new I was innocent but decided to terminate me so they could continue Ofcr. XXXX. I know about the meeting between all of you where XXXX attorney, XXXX, confessed that she kicked XXXX (excessive force). Your day has come.

I’m not an aspiring rapper, I’m not a gang member, I’m not a dope dealer, I don’t have multiple babies momma’s. I am an American by choice, I am a son, I am a brother, I am a military service member, I am a man who has lost complete faith in the system, when the system betrayed, slandered, and libeled me. I lived a good life and though not a religious man I always stuck to my own personal code of ethics, ethos and always stuck to my shoreline and true North. I didn’t need the US Navy to instill Honor, Courage, and Commitment in me but I thank them for re-enforcing it. It’s in my DNA.

Luckily I don’t have to live everyday like most of you. Concerned if the misconduct you were apart of is going to be discovered. Looking over your shoulder, scurrying at every phone call from internal affairs or from the Captains office wondering if that is the day PSB comes after you for the suspects you struck when they were cuffed months/years ago or that $500 you pocketed from the narcotics dealer, or when the other guys on your watch beat a transient nearly to death and you never reported the UOF to the supervisor. No, I don’t have that concern, I stood up for what was right but unfortunately have dealt with the reprocussions of doing the right thing and now losing my name and everything I ever stood for. You #ers knew XXXX was guilty of kicking (excessive force) XXXX and you did nothing but get rid of what you saw as the problem, the whistleblower. XXXX himself stated on video tape ( provided for the BOR and in transcripts) he was kicked and even his father stated that his son said he was kicked by XXXX when he was released from custody. The video was played for the entire BOR to hear. You’re going to see what a whistleblower can do when you take everything from him especially his NAME!!!

Look what you did to Sgt. XXXX (now lieutenant) when he exposed the truth of your lying, racism, and PSB cover-ups to frame and convict an innocent man. You can not police yourselves and the consent decree was unsuccessful. Sgt. XXXX, I met you on the range several times as a recruit and as an officer. You’re a good man and I saw it in your eyes an actions.

Self Preservation is no longer important to me. I do not fear death as I died long ago on 1/2/09. I was told by my mother that sometimes bad things happen to good people. I refuse to accept that.

From 2/05 to 1/09 I saw some of the most vile things humans can inflict on others as a police officer in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, it wasn’t in the streets of LA. It was in the confounds of LAPD police stations and shops (cruisers). The enemy combatants in LA are not the citizens and suspects, it’s the police officers.

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. How ironic that you utilize a fixed glass structure as your command HQ. You use as a luminous building to symbolize that you are transparent, have nothing to hide, or suppress when in essence, concealing, omitting, and obscuring is your forte.

Chief Beck, this is when you need to have that come to Jesus talk with Sgt. XXXX and everyone else who was involved in the conspiracy to have me terminated for doing the right thing. you also need to speak with her attorney, Rico, and his conversation with the BOR members and her confession of guilt in kicking Mr. XXXX. I’ll be waiting for a PUBLIC response at a press conference. When the truth comes out, the killing stops.

Why didn’t you charge me with filing a false police report when I came forward stating that XXXX kicked Mr. XXXX? You file criminal charges against every other officer who is accused and terminated for filing a false police report. You didn’t because you knew I was innocent and a criminal court would find me innocent and expose your department for suppressing the truth and retaliation, that’s why.

The attacks will stop when the department states the truth about my innocence, PUBLICLY!!! I will not accept any type of currency/goods in exchange for the attacks to stop, nor do i want it. I want my name back, period. There is no negotiation. I am not the state department who states they do not negotiate with terrorist, because anybody with a Secret or TS/SCI has seen IIR’s on SIPR and knows that the US state department always negotiates by using CF countries or independent sovereign/neutral country to mediate and compromising.

This department has not changed from the Daryl Gates and Mark Fuhrman days. Those officers are still employed and have all promoted to Command staff and supervisory positions. I will correct this error. Are you aware that an officer (a rookie/probationer at the time) seen on the Rodney King videotape striking Mr. King multiple times with a baton on 3/3/91 is still employed by the LAPD and is now a Captain on the police department? Captain XXXX is now the commanding officer of a LAPD police station (West LA division). As a commanding officer, he is now responsible for over 200 officers. Do you trust him to enforce department policy and investigate use of force investigations on arrestees by his officers? Are you aware XXXX has since promoted to Sergeant after kicking Mr. XXXX in the face. Oh, you Violated a citizens civil rights? We will promote you. Same as LAPD did with the officers from Metro involved in the May Day melee at MacArthur Park. They promoted them to Sergeant (a supervisor role).

No one is saying you can’t be prejudiced or a bigot. We are all human and hold prejudices. If you state that you don’t have prejudices, your lying! But, when you act on it and victimize innocent citizens and fellow innocen officers, than that is a concern.

Just WOW

Dorner's Manifesto

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Here is another source for his manifesto:

File Dropper link to Dorner Manifesto in rich-text format

Interesting tirade on gun control:

If you had a well regulated AWB, this would not happen. The time is now to reinstitute a ban that will save lives. Why does any sportsman need a 30 round magazine for hunting? Why does anyone need a suppressor? Why does anyone need a AR15 rifle? This is the same small arms weapons system utilized in eradicating Al Qaeda, Taliban, and every enemy combatant since the Vietnam war. Don’t give me that crap that its not a select fire or full auto rifle like the DoD uses. That’s bull# because troops who carry the M-4/M-16 weapon system for combat ops outside the wire rarely utilize the select fire function when in contact with enemy combatants. The use of select fire probably isn’t even 1% in combat. So in essence, the AR-15 semiautomatic rifle is the same as the M-4/M-16. These do not need to be purchased as easily as walking to your local Walmart or striking the enter key on your keyboard to "add to cart". All the firearms utilized in my activities are registered to me and were legally purchased at gun stores and private party transfers. All concealable weapons (pistols) were also legally register in my name at police stations or FFL's. Unfortunately, are you aware that I obtained class III weapons (suppressors) without a background check thru NICS or DROS completely LEGALLY several times? I was able to use a trust account that I created on quicken will maker and a $10 notary charge at a mailbox etc. to obtain them legally. Granted, I am not a felon, nor have a DV misdemeanor conviction or active TRO against me on a NCIC file. I can buy any firearm I want, but should I be able to purchase these class III weapons (SBR's, and suppressors) without a background check and just a $10 notary signature on a quicken will maker program? The answer is NO. I'm not even a resident of the state i purchased them in. Lock n Load just wanted money so they allow you to purchase class III weapons with just a notarized trust, military ID. Shame on you, Lock n Load. NFA and ATF need new laws and policies that do not allow loopholes such as this. In the end, I hope that you will realize that the small arms I utilize should not be accessed with the ease that I obtained them. Who in there right mind needs a #ing silencer!!! who needs a freaking SBR AR15? No one. No more Virginia Tech, Columbine HS, Wisconsin temple, Aurora theatre, Portland malls, Tucson rally, Newtown Sandy Hook. Whether by executive order or thru a bi-partisan congress an assault weapons ban needs to be re-instituted. Period!!!

Interesting excerpt regarding race directed at Mr. Bill Cosby (???):

Mr. Bill Cosby, you are a reasonable and talented man who has spoken the truth of the cultural anomalies within the black communities that need to change now. The black communities' resentment toward you is because they don't like hearing the truth or having their clear and evident dirty laundry aired to the nation. The problem is, the country is not blind nor dumb. They believe we are animals. Do not mute your unvarnished truthful speech or moral compass. Blacks must strive for more in life than bling, hoes, and cars. The current culture is an epidemic that leaves them with no discernible future. They're suffocating and don't even know it. MLK Jr. Would be mortified at what he worked so hard for in our acceptance as equal beings and how unfortunately we stopped progressing and began digressing. Chicago's youth violence is a prime example of how our black communities values have declined. We can not address this nation's intolerant issues until we address our own communities morality issues first. Accountability.

edit on 7-2-2013 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
My favorite part:

“Los Angeles and Torrance police were involved in two shootings in Torrance early Thursday when police came across vehicles similar to the one sought by authorities in a massive manhunt for an ex-LAPD officer suspected of shooting three other officers,” lablog.latimes.com reports. “Neither incident actually involved the suspect, said Torrance police Lt. Devin Chase.

If a suspect is driving a car similar to yours just bail and go hide because the LAPD will fill your car full of holes just be safe.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I just posted thi, didnt see it with a search, mods closed it fast lol

snf

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
As I have stated before. It is just a mater of time until the honest people are pushed to the edge. The amount of anger will hit critical mass, and the (you know what) will hit the fan.

We are reaching that critical point. Slowly but surely.

I would be lying if I said I didn’t see stuff like this coming from miles away.

When you make it impossible to peacefully resolve grievances you make violence inevitable.

And the cop’s response by shooting up innocent people will cause the situation to balloon quickly. It will anger non involved people to the point that you will quickly have more than one shooter to deal with.

If they keep miss handling it, they could quickly cause a wide spread armed conflict between law and the population.

edit on 7-2-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am in so cal. Cops are not riding motorcycles today and heard swat exercises cancelled to look for subject.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Using murder to get your point across will only serve to get it buried beneath the outrage against your actions.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I don't usually do this, but is it possible that this guy is correct?

And another question: Did he indeed murder anyone or is this all fabricated because he supposedly tried to expose brutality and racism/cover-ups?

Just thinking out loud, but not putting much stock into it because what could really be done anyway - even if it WERE a conspiracy?

Edit - Like I said - just an alternate perspective. I could be 100% wrong, as I just quickly read the story and it's still new...
edit on 2/7/2013 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
Using murder to get your point across will only serve to get it buried beneath the outrage against your actions.

The problem is there is a lot of people in California that are so sick and tired of the cops and their corruption, that his response is no longer considered “over the top”

There is a lot of people that are no longer outraged by such actions.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Seems his internal affairs department may have failed him so is taking a stand against.
Does he intend to escape the area and or have access to other vehicles?
How're they conducting vehicle stops considering there have already been collateral shootings?

Very interesting developments.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
In terms of somebody gunning for corrupt cops (of which there are far too many) well, it's hard to fault that. But where he loses the plot is the killing of the daughter of a target, supposedly to get at this Quon character? You'd have to do some serious mental gymnastics to justify that move to yourself, and the fact that this guy clearly has means that he's bent in the head.

Somebody ruins your life, so you go out gunning them down? That's revenge-film fantasy stuff right there. But when you gun down a man's daughter as a roundabout way to get at him, that's where you go from b-level action film anti-hero to full-on villain.
edit on 2/7/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am in no way condoning his actions, but if even half of what he claims happened to him is true, the only surprising thing about all this is it doesn't happen more often. I think this is a perfect example of what happens when you take everything away from a man, he has nothing left to lose.

I hope no one else is harmed, and everyone involved receives justice.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Carreau because: sp

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This has been unfolding since Sunday.

There is alot of corruption Christopher Jordan Dorner character seems to be dealing with inside the LAPD and this seems to be the way he has found to handle it.

Here is a link to his unedited manifesto, the names of the cops he implicates are still there. The Tirade about Gun control is added into the fake ones out there.

Manifesto - pastebin .com/uNYBbXaC (pastebin wont work in a link)

Also the LAPD seem to be doing everything they can to try to KILL Dorner and not just arrest him.

A blue pickup like his pulled up to an officers house he had singled out in his Manifesto and the police opened fire on it before anyone even got out. Turns out that it was just a delivery driver and the cops filled it with lead.

LAPD shooting innocent people

Please be vary cautious when approaching this story. It seems there is much more to the LAPD and this Dorner guy then is know as of now. This very easily could be used to incite riots in LA as well as establishing Martial Law as cops fear for their "safety."
edit on 7-2-2013 by RevolutionIsASolution because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2013 by RevolutionIsASolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So asfter rereading his "Manifesto" I can honestly say that this guy should have talked to the FBI about these events. Sadly nothing that he talked about seems all that out of place for the reports from LA that I heard about some of the people in LAPD.

Not every cop is like this (what he's claiming) When I was taking Law Enforcement classes in college, my insturctor was a retired LACSD Captain. He would often talk about how this type of stuff happend alot.

Now from my point of view, it would seem like this guy has tried everythign he could to protect the comunnity from these bad cops, but again he should have taken this to the FBI to investigate if the BOP wasn't doing their job correctly.

SO we know what his issues are, so I guess that means that ATS should look into his complaints to see if there are any truth to these claims he has.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Looks like the LAPD are going crazy, and shooting anybody that fits the description...or actually
that's not fair...shooting anyone driving a "vehicle" that fits the description....

Quote from the link...

**** Here’s a quick update*****WTF? So police in Southern California have shot two unarmed Asian women who were delivering newspapers.. The women were driving a truck similar to what the wanted LAPD officer is reported to be driving.. They saw the women throwing papers out the window and got spooked and shot them.. A short time later a white male also unarmed was driving a similar blue pick up truck.. he too was shot by police who believed he was the suspect.. Keep in mind the man they are looking for is a 6foot 4 Black male.. TV news stations in LA are warning people not to drive pick up trucks in LA and to obey all traffic laws or rick being shot by police who are all stressed out and tense.. This is happening right now.. Its no exaggeration…

Man ifesto
edit on 7-2-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

The problem is there is a lot of people in California that are so sick and tired of the cops and their corruption, that his response is no longer considered “over the top”

There is a lot of people that are no longer outraged by such actions.

And I'm one of them and I saw this coming along time ago. It's unfortunate however that Dorner has "Snapped" and chose not to deal with this in another way. I have a legal bone to pick with the LA County Sheriff's department as they are far worse than LAPD. I can't get into my situation, but I have legal representation and am in the process of bringing serious corruption to light.

It's odd how if all he claims is true Dorner himself is a victim
I feel very terrible for the families of anyone in law enforcement within Los Angeles County right now as long as Dorner is hunting officers and supervisor's. This got out of hand very fast and it's truly sad to see unfold this way.

I wish he would turn himself in and tell his story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join