Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Turkish Foreign Minister Hurriyet: "If Israel were to attack any Muslim country, Turkey would respo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by paraphi

I do not think its death infation in 2006 the Lancet published two per reviewed studies on the affects of the war in Iraq. Back then the figure was over 650,000. Those figures have been climbing since. Add to those the death tolls of Afganistan and you are looking at about 1.5 million. Opinion Research Busines, an independent polling agency in London put that figure at about 1.2 million deaths,

These reports often come under critisim but I would point out the first is the only peer reviewed set of papers on the subject. They have not been scientifically discredited.

Just because something has been peer reviewed does not make it correct. Global warming by man was peer reviwed. And apparently it was wrong according to ...another peer reviwing! ill post the link below.

CLimate change debunked by peer review

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
I do not think its death infation in 2006 the Lancet published two per reviewed studies on the affects of the war in Iraq. Back then the figure was over 650,000. Those figures have been climbing since. Add to those the death tolls of Afganistan and you are looking at about 1.5 million. Opinion Research Busines, an independent polling agency in London put that figure at about 1.2 million deaths,

Death inflation - you are quoting sources which state a max toll of 1.5 million. However, you said 2-3 million. Good statistical approach. Just multiply by xxx because it sounds better.

My point is that the US has not murdered (as you state) all these people, but the vast majority of deaths and mayhem in these conflicts has been doled out by Muslims against Muslims, as is acknowledged in myriad reports and sources. The "murdering" is on Muslims by Muslims. It was going on within Iraq and Afghanistan before the West arrived and it'll go on after they leave. They are just violent people.

Regards

edit on 8/2/2013 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Look at the link you sent me read through the abscracts and think. They do not contend AGW sorry bud. Do not take websites for face value. Read the facts. Again I will stick to the facts. Not random websites opinion.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Turkey would respond. Not Turkey would go to war, not Turkey would attack, not Turkey would defend. Turkey would respond as would most nations a letter of protest.

Jup, the word war isn't even mentioned in the article. Not once. The FM asks questions like these one:

"Why didn't [Bashar] al-Assad even throw a pebble when Israeli jets were flying over his palace and playing with the dignity of his country?"

"Why didn't the Syrian Army, which has been attacking its own innocent people for 22 months now from the air with jets and by land with tanks and artillery fire, respond to Israel's operation? Why can't al-Assad, who gave order to fire SCUD missiles at Aleppo, do anything against Israel?"

Does the op mean this quote?

if Israel were to attack any Muslim country, Turkey would respond

That, in my book is not the same as what the op states:

The Turkish FM Hurryet has already confirmed that an Israeli strike on any neighboring Muslin country would result in war.

Why the twisting op?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.Wolf

Originally posted by MrSpad
Turkey would respond. Not Turkey would go to war, not Turkey would attack, not Turkey would defend. Turkey would respond as would most nations a letter of protest.

Jup, the word war isn't even mentioned in the article. Not once. The FM asks questions like these one:

"Why didn't [Bashar] al-Assad even throw a pebble when Israeli jets were flying over his palace and playing with the dignity of his country?"

"Why didn't the Syrian Army, which has been attacking its own innocent people for 22 months now from the air with jets and by land with tanks and artillery fire, respond to Israel's operation? Why can't al-Assad, who gave order to fire SCUD missiles at Aleppo, do anything against Israel?"

Does the op mean this quote?

if Israel were to attack any Muslim country, Turkey would respond

That, in my book is not the same as what the op states:

The Turkish FM Hurryet has already confirmed that an Israeli strike on any neighboring Muslin country would result in war.

Why the twisting op?

Any idiot with half a brain would have the common sense to realize that a 'retaliation' against Israel would result in war. I wasn't twisting #.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
Any idiot with half a brain would have the common sense to realize that a 'retaliation' against Israel would result in war. I wasn't twisting #.

Just like any idiot with half a brain would have the common sense to realize that by speaking of a Muslim country, they are not excluding countries such as Syria or other "secular" countries with a vast majority of Muslim population in the middle east.

I mean, trying to make it sound like they weren't talking about Syria is pathetic at best.

It's like;
Person A: Hey, if you hit my friend one more time I'm going to kick your ass
Person B: *Hits his friend twice*
Person A: ...
Person B: Why aren't you doing anything? You said you're going to kick my ass if I'm going to hit your friend.
Person A: Yeah well I said if you're going to hit him one more time and you hit him twice so I'm still a man of my word.

Absolutely pathetic.
Turkey needs to learn when to shut up. Only complete morons still believe they are anything else than a barking nation.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Turkey wants to be that country which leads the Muslim world...so..naturally they are kissing up to any opportunity they find...

Welcome to WW 3 .. its as obvious as ever....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join