It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genius

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
I say coincidence:

I would have been better as a student while doing my lab-work in the high-voltage-lab in our university.. 400.000 Volts are FUN!

How would anyone know what the difference would have been if you didn't do that lab work? Ever think about that?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
I wonder if a study involving magnets would garner a similar result? If they were the right polarity you would think they would encourage synaptic growth and strengthen nueron reception...Or, perahps a combination of magnetic therapy with low levels of induction?

oh noes. Not the magnet idea again!!

I doubt anyone on here knows about it. Early psychologists (we're talking 1800s!) actually were very interested in the idea of magnets effecting the brain. And early studies showed it to be very effective in controlling a person's actions. The problem was since they weren't double blind studies the researchers ended up signaling the patients. when double blind studies were performed, magnets had absolutely no effect.
this study was the main catalyst for double blind studies becoming the norm in science.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Wow....And, we've had no advancements in magnets, psychology or science regarding the brain, since then?
Why do we have science at all, if a single study can rule out all forseeable possibilities in the future?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Who is that.?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Dear rickymouse,

I am so sorry that you have epilepsy. My older sister's first boyfriend had it and drown alone in his bathtub during an episode. I introduced the two of them. I know in the last 40 years there are many more treatments available and truly hope that you have found one that works for you. My limited understanding is that people with epilepsy can be set off by certain frequencies of lights and sounds. That would explain the fluorescent lights.

Our brains do have electricity running through them and I would assume that they could be impacted by magnetic and electromagnetic currents. I do not believe that being around the currents can make us smarter. Today we are exposed to so many waves; but, it was not that way in Einstein's time. If we are exposed now more than ever before to electric waves and magnetic waves then we would expect to see an increase in genius using your hypothesis; but, we do not. The frequency of genius has not changed. We have not gotten smarter as a species, we merely have more knowledge. Best wishes.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear rickymouse,

I am so sorry that you have epilepsy. My older sister's first boyfriend had it and drown alone in his bathtub during an episode. I introduced the two of them. I know in the last 40 years there are many more treatments available and truly hope that you have found one that works for you. My limited understanding is that people with epilepsy can be set off by certain frequencies of lights and sounds. That would explain the fluorescent lights.

Our brains do have electricity running through them and I would assume that they could be impacted by magnetic and electromagnetic currents. I do not believe that being around the currents can make us smarter. Today we are exposed to so many waves; but, it was not that way in Einstein's time. If we are exposed now more than ever before to electric waves and magnetic waves then we would expect to see an increase in genius using your hypothesis; but, we do not. The frequency of genius has not changed. We have not gotten smarter as a species, we merely have more knowledge. Best wishes.

You make a valid point!

Perhaps, the natural current found throughout our world, is the true catalyst to improved intelligence. And, we have been altering and drowning it out, with our technology, as of late. Or, perhaps it is still there, but the man-made stuff is interfering with the natural...

I still believe there is something to it all...It's just a matter of figuring out what is good and what is bad.
If we could isolate the positive frequencies, and shield ourselves from the man-made ones, we could prove the theory, at least.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

My epilepsy is Temporal lobe, I don't get full blown seizures. I can't take any meds, I am allergic to them all because they effect the P450 enzyme system and my liver doesn't like that. I can use diet to control it but that is still hard. I haven't had a seizure in four years now though, I've had auras but eating something special gets rid of those before anything happens. I've got six years studying this stuff. Kind of diversified the last year since I came here, there are a lot of interesting things to learn on ATS.

The energy that I am talking about doesn't really have a wave. It is the same energy that causes the reflection in the mirror and builds up on top of the snow. The energy of lightning is similar as is the energy that builds up on a lake. In insulating they call it surface tension.

When you look in a mirror you see yourself, why. Energy bounces offf the shiny surface of the backing and collects on the outside surface of the glass. This energy reflects energy back to the viewer. It doesn't actually touch the glass, the field is built up by increasing the atomic energy of the particles on the outside of the glass.

I have a piece of metal behind the woodstove, I shot it with a gun that remotely senses heat. The gun said it was two hundred eighty degrees but it is just luke warm. This could still ignite something though, the energy is there, they call it flash. Energy reflects energy, both energies don't have to be heat. It can stop the current of heat through an object.

What has this got to do with this thread? A lot if you think about it, this energy builds up around our bodies also. All that this energy can do is to bring you up to the full potential of your brains capacity. Exceeding the capacity is like putting a fifty horse motor on a gocart and trying to go slow, it can't work right unless certain conditions are in place.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I read an article somewhere that said that sixty hertz is bad for our health. sixty three hertz is a lot better. This was from some European scientific group I think. Within months of this the US government spoke about deregulating the 60 hz and tried it last summer as a test to see how it worked out. I think they are planning to adjust it a few hz to make it healthier. I never heard the results of the testing they did.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Dear rickymouse,

My epilepsy is Temporal lobe, I don't get full blown seizures. I can't take any meds, I am allergic to them all because they effect the P450 enzyme system and my liver doesn't like that. I can use diet to control it but that is still hard. I haven't had a seizure in four years now though, I've had auras but eating something special gets rid of those before anything happens.

I have no idea about the different types of seizures, my cousin had a head injury and my sister's friend died a very long time ago, I didn't know there were different types of epilepsy. I am so very glad that you have been seizure free for four years. I wish you nothing but the best. Peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It makes total sense that electricity could run seamlessly through the body. We are charged with natural electricity just so we can exist. We absorb nutrients from the food and beverages that we consume and charge our batteries naturally.

So with that thought and the idea of being near water in mind, consider even this:

Could we be disconnected from the source. Are we supposed to be a part of an existing power grid and somehow got disconnected. Perhaps the few and the powerful are the ones that control the grid. We would be at significant disadvantage (--to give credit to comments in this thread--). Our brains would not work optimally, we could be sick and die easily. We could have stunted growth. This would explain the history of men and giants walking together. This would explain how people like Moses and Noah were something like 300-400 years old.
Also, if electricity is or was flowing freely thru the world, wouldn't that make it easy to make something magnetic and metallic float? There are too many ideas to list with this idea. But one is the idea of magnetic levitation used to control flight. This planet is brimming with energy!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hieronymous75

It makes total sense that electricity could run seamlessly through the body. We are charged with natural electricity just so we can exist. We absorb nutrients from the food and beverages that we consume and charge our batteries naturally.

So with that thought and the idea of being near water in mind, consider even this:

Could we be disconnected from the source. Are we supposed to be a part of an existing power grid and somehow got disconnected. Perhaps the few and the powerful are the ones that control the grid. We would be at significant disadvantage (--to give credit to comments in this thread--). Our brains would not work optimally, we could be sick and die easily. We could have stunted growth. This would explain the history of men and giants walking together. This would explain how people like Moses and Noah were something like 300-400 years old.
Also, if electricity is or was flowing freely thru the world, wouldn't that make it easy to make something magnetic and metallic float? There are too many ideas to list with this idea. But one is the idea of magnetic levitation used to control flight. This planet is brimming with energy!

Salts are necessary for the lightning fast electrical activity to occur. Both in the cells and in the blood and brain. Keeping them balanced is a chore, especially when people have others telling them what to eat. Maybe it is best to refer to the salts as electrolytes so people don't start saying I am crazy for saying salt is good for us. Salt is not good for us it is necessary for our survival.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This video is probably the best overall analysis of genius, and gets pretty detailed (without getting too technical) concerning the brain physiology of creativity, which is the real basis of genius. Intellectual potential (IQ) is important, since the capacity to develop the "spark of madness" that is genius is necessary to achieve more than merely a really good idea from that mysterious spark, but it's that unexpected breach of linear thinking that separates genius from brilliance.

It mentions some new research into a non-electrical information transmission system (called glia) within the brain's "white matter" that actually controls the information transmission activity of neurons ( and the 10,000 synapses that each maintains). The glia density seems to be the key to genius, with an abnormal density existing within that specific region of the brain responsible for whatever function it is that the genius has achieved his/her level of genius. In Einstein, it was the spacial relationships region of the brain, and his brain possessed twice the density of glia in that region. They can examine a living brain now days with scans and fMRI imagers, and I would imagine that they're testing all the most obvious candidates for genius consideration to see how well this proposition holds up.

Of course, nurture plays a vital role, since humans are only one of two brain-equipped species (chimps are the other species) whose brain is largely undeveloped at birth, with the human brain developing over the first 20 years or so before solidifying as the fully functioning central control system that other species are born with. So, the true capacity of even the genius brain is determined (largely) by the early use of the brain, and how that usage affects the ongoing development that it's involved in. Nature lays out the raw potential, and nurture does what it does to strengthen or retard that potential. In other words, all the glia in the world won't make someone a genius if they have been taught to never think outside of the box.

No amount of electricity will either, since glia isn't electrically based or affected. Neurons are, but not glia, and glia are what controls neuron activity.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I say coincidence:

I would have been better as a student while doing my lab-work in the high-voltage-lab in our university.. 400.000 Volts are FUN!

How would anyone know what the difference would have been if you didn't do that lab work? Ever think about that?

How far would those effects reach? Across the whole of the campus?
Because I wasn't there for the whole of the day, obviously. And in hindsight I doubt that my results while working in that lab were that much different to anything else I did in studies in the library or other labs.

I even did study far away from campus, no side-effects known.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I read about four or five articles about that recently, it is a relatively new discovery. Well I think they have probably hypothesized about it for years but now it is proven. It is incredible that the signal can travel directly through the brain at high frequency without even using the neuronal network. Creating memories that are permanent as we sleep while the what they considered only system almost asleep.

Common sense or IQ and booksmarts or knowledgeable are not the same. A computer can store and retrieve knowledge but cannot think on it's own, only follow the programming that it is fed. Sounds like they are trying to structure society so we are computers, not true out of the box humans. There is comfort in being like everyone else, something I have never experienced.

This is just an Idea trying to find how to help to strengthen common sense while still being able to retain high levels of knowledge. I see what others are saying but still think that there is some sort of link here. In order to prove it I have to discover the method of action or it remains speculation or a pipe dream.
edit on 11-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I say coincidence:

How far would those effects reach? Across the whole of the campus?
Because I wasn't there for the whole of the day, obviously. And in hindsight I doubt that my results while working in that lab were that much different to anything else I did in studies in the library or other labs.

I even did study far away from campus, no side-effects known.

Remember that booksmarts and intelligence are not the same thing. Both are independant of each other but both can be at high levels in a person. There are different forms of IQ also, sometimes people are better at one form than another and this may because their interest changes the allocation of the amount of their brain used for the desired field.

College testing is designed to test knowledge and it's application to the consensus of the time, not for out of the box intelligence.
edit on 11-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Long hair was needed to be a wiseman in the past, why?

Some people once believed their thoughts came out of their heads so it must go out of the hair in one linear direction. This grew into the fantasy all people with long hair had big and important thoughts. The same goes for bears in Islam btw.

To become a Shaman you should be struck by lightning?

That's a test to see if the gods who create lightning liked you. Or if you could understand illusions so you wouldn't get hurt, if lightning hurts then that would be an indication it would probably not make a good shaman. They could have chosen anything for that test but lightning was just the most spectacular.

The pyramids were built over underground water that emitted Ions.

That's just a few aliens, nobodies from another civilization who made contact with pharao's but who suddenly were a lot in the eyes of a few natives. To make sure those spirits would never tell they pointed the exits to the stars so the others couldn't follow them. Only one team can currently get to those spirits btw and they are already on a mission to get those spirits back to earth and away from the abusive aliens so no contacting ancient spirits to get to those aliens for anyone susceptible to bad dreams.

The holy sites were either over underground water or near lakes or rivers. On a lake there is a charge built up on the surface that glows to the highest spot.

There are holy sites all over the world, just look at the monasteries in Greece atop mountains or in Asia, also many there.

Could high voltage/low amps help our thinking and stimulate the mind? I'm not saying that anyone should electrocute themselves but it is something to consider.

No you just need your imagination, like thinking about electricity. I like to do meditations myself sometimes and imagine I'm like Raiden from Mortal Kombat myself. Or like the guy from the movie Big troube in little china: www.youtube.com...

Anyways it's other people's thoughts that get the mind going, in fact many people are stilling running on concepts from ancient Greece like pneuma.

Would the Physicists tell us if they knew?

Physicists who have can know couldn't because their minds would explode once they truly believe they knew the big bang. Or they would have their own individual, unique bolt of electricity running in their brain and be afraid it could go away to somebody elses brain! Ofcourse most people know knowledge is always there inside you, but some people actually believe thoughts can be stolen, or they can come alive and run away.

I am not talking about electrocuting yourself, I am talking about standing barefoot by a lake. I am saying maybe we should let the energy of the earth flow through us by taking off our shoes and walking in the grass.

If you still want to imagine which count as thoughts you can do like Michealangelo did and just lie in the grass, looking at the blue skies and play free form assocation by looking at the clouds.
edit on 11/2/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/2/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Talking about grass. I did research on Manna from heaven and it appears that the ammonium nitrate that forms on the plants in the form of dew in the morning has health benefits. It helps with different functions of the body. Herbs should also be picked as soon as the dew dries in the morning for their best health effects. This appears to be the manna from heaven, the dew was used to moisten the breads.

I know laying or sitting in the grass is good for us. When we get older we avoid this because we fear nature because we consistently cause it's destruction. This inner guilt must be dealt with for us to relax. A child does not have this guilt yet. Deep down inside, no matter how we deny this we know we have contributed to the destruction that is happening. Isolate ourselves from the earth by wearing shoes or walking on cement which contains calcium which dampens energy flow. Science says calcium is necessary to help energy production in our body but in essence it dampens energy flow and helps regulate it.

edit on 12-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Why couldn't this information have been around when I started this thread.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well, I guess I am not the only one to think of electricity improving brain function. But my idea, although it has been used, does not actually work.

www.sciencedaily.com...

So if I am nuts, I guess I have a lot of others I share my craziness with that have been actually doing this. At least I only brought up the possibility.
Maybe it does help some people, one shoe does not fit all.

And they only tested the most popular technique. Popular is actually not always the right way.

edit on 14-5-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I’m not sure the brain-boosting effect of electrical stimulation is a settled issue yet. The idea gained some popularity around 10-15 years ago, and there’s been inconsistent results from various studies conducted since then. Since I’ve read as many opinions for, as against, it’s hard to come to an informed conclusion.

While cruising the Kurzweil site recently, I did read an article regarding a study conducted by UNC on tDCS. IQ tests were administered before and after the research participants underwent tDCS. The findings indicated no boost in IQ, or enhanced cognition, for the participants. To the contrary, the test scores for perceptual reasoning (logic and problem solving) were much lower after undergoing tDCS. The researchers emphasized that this study does not preclude beneficial results from the use of other variations of tDCS. In other words, don’t take it as the Gospel. However, it also pointed out that there’s been little standardization of how tests have been conducted in the past, and so it’s difficult to reach any definitive conclusions. If anyone’s interested, you can read the article HERE.

Would be nice, though, if it did work. I could definately use a boost!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I just realized that the linked article in your last post refers to the same study I mentioned in my post. Sorry for the redundancy.

Like I said, I could definately use a boost!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join