It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genius

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by beezzer
Crystals have had a reputation (re; their resonant frequency) of healing.

Perhaps there s something to a certain resonance.

Crystals aren't magical. Parts of some piezoelectric crystals can be electromechanically resonant, but only if they're cut just right...and then, they still don't do anything unless they're used correctly in a circuit.

I was just spit-balling here. I know as much about crystals as Michael Moore knows about dieting!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Crystals have had a reputation (re; their resonant frequency) of healing.

Perhaps there s something to a certain resonance.

Crystals aren't magical. Parts of some piezoelectric crystals can be electromechanically resonant, but only if they're cut just right...and then, they still don't do anything unless they're used correctly in a circuit.

I was just spit-balling here. I know as much about crystals as Michael Moore knows about dieting!

I know if you give your wife the right size and type crystal it changes her frequency in a positive way. If the crystal is so small it can't be seen and is a fake it changes her frequency in a negative way

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Your body doesn't have a resonant frequency, nor your mind. Electric charge does not have a frequency, although you can apply an electrical signal that does. Light and sound are not similar, and cannot be tuned to each other.

Not the body as a whole, but certain parts that are more dense, like bones and teeth, do. Alternating current does have a frequency, in regard to the speed of the polarity reversal. Or using direct current while oscillating the charge could be tuned to a specific frequency.
Light has a measurable wave, therefore it too, can be harmonized with, if not effectivey modified.

So, you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss wacky thoughts. As you avoided the whole purpose behind them.

It was a ruse, to get intelligent people like you, to open their mind, and consider things outside of their little box.

I love to provoke abstract thought.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Then there's that um other sort of cranial stimulation.

Way back in the dawn times, there was an experimental psych prof in Ireland that published a quirky paper on electrosleep, it went unnoticed for quite a long time, in fact after he died his research notebooks and raw data were about to be trashed. I called there looking for the guy not aware that he had died, they asked if I wanted his stash, I got it.

Turns out he had a good explanation on why electrosleep worked some times and didn't some times and had such divergent results depending on who did the experimenting.

The project flipped from being "how can we devise a battlefield electrosleep apparatus" to "interrogation aid" before you could say Sid Gottlieb. Not sure where they took the thing, we lacked the staff and assets to do psych oriented projects or human experimentation. For that you need grad students or Canadians.

Don't hear a lot of anything on ATS about electrosleep. Probably worth a long post. It's right up y'all's alley.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
Here's a big freakin' "what-if" from the disturbed mind of yours truly....

You subject a person to sound waves that induce their body/mind's resonant frequency. As they are experiencing some type of euphoria, from this sensation, you add a magnetic influence, and then a light source of specific wavelength, and then a small electric charge, ALL of which should be tuned to a harmony, or specific chord, in relation to the subject's body.

What would happen?

Start to dance?

That's quite intuitive, actually...I was a Disc Jockey for too many years, and found out many interesting things about the human psyche under the effect of music and lights. Add a little alcohol, with the right atmosphere, and this effect could be amplified dramatically, as well...

But those experiments are for another thread.....
:
edit on 2/7/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: u

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If in fact electrical current could help strengthen the myelin sheath, would it be safe to say it could actually keep outside energy waves from interfering with our thoughts? Could this be the next generation tin foil hat

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

OMG!!! You have to see Avatar! I could not take my eyes away from the screen when i watched that movie. It set the bar to an all time high.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Crystals. Those are the tiny burgers that you buy 12 of after the bars close.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You still have the papers?

Am curious.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Not the body as a whole, but certain parts that are more dense, like bones and teeth, do.

You could possibly make a case for having a sonic resonance as bone is fairly hard and you've got some nice aspect ratios to long bones. Not so much for, say, your skull. It would be hard to say if a tooth has much of a resonance as quite a bit of it is damped by the gum/jaw.

Alternating current does have a frequency, in regard to the speed of the polarity reversal. Or using direct current while oscillating the charge could be tuned to a specific frequency.

I said that. An electrical signal can have a frequency, a charge does not.

Light has a measurable wave, therefore it too, can be harmonized with, if not effectivey modified.

It has an EM frequency. It is not sonic. And the frequency for visible light is generally in the hundreds of terahertz, not so easy to harmonize with a sound, even if sound and EM had any commonality, which they don't.

I love to provoke abstract thought.

Abstract thought is always nice. Here's one - sound and EM are as alike as parakeets and poots.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Am curious.

They're in the lockup at work. I am 2400 miles away, sad to say.

Are you familiar with electroanesthesia/electrosleep? It is a very interesting field, and right up ATS's alley. I never really considered a thread on it until now. Partly because I'm on the wrong side of the story, from most ATSers point of view. Partly also because it was classified past the phase I paper we did on it. So I'm in the odd position of not actually being NDAd to the covert side while knowing what it's about anyway, but in such cases it's been pointed out to me that I should have known not to connect dots for people, their exact phrase last time I got in trouble for doing so.

edit to add: I think I will try to unearth all the crap on this again. It's been years, so I probably don't have most of my original notes any more, which is sad because this stuff is generally not on the net, you've got to scour it out of old periodicals. It would be a snap if we were still out of Huntsville, the library there has an interestingly in-depth stack system. Sometimes you find bread crumb trails from researchers before you - when we did a lot of background searching on Frey effect someone had put little notes all in the same journals I was digging through.

What kicked it off for us was an article by Bob Pease wherein he mentioned that National Semi was considering making a home electrosleep apparatus. They dropped it. As I sort of knew Bob from correspondence and running into him at trade shows I asked why it had been scrapped, he said they got such inconsistent results from it that they couldn't go forward. Then the SOC put out a RFQ on it for battlefield use, we picked it up and ran with it, and then it sort of went into the alfalfa.

An explanatory note - there was once upon a time a neat way to induce sleep, it was originally called electrosleep, and like a lot of things we stole it from the Russians developed it for NASA. It allowed you to get the equivalent of eight hours of sleep in an hour under the headset, even if you were in a noisy stressful environment, so it was a boon for astronauts, albeit one they didn't discuss a lot. If you ever watched the original pilot for "Six Million Dollar Man", you see them put something on Austin's head at the end and he goes into a coma waiting for his next mission or whatever - that's an oblique movie reference to it. (if I'm remembering right that is)
edit on 7-2-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by beezzer

Crystals. Those are the tiny burgers that you buy 12 of after the bars close.

Krystals kick butt. I get a serious Krystal jones from time to time, but generally only when I'm drunk for some reason, since you mentioned bars I assume it's true for you too?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

It would be hard to say if a tooth has much of a resonance as quite a bit of it is damped by the gum/jaw.

LOL...Apparently, you have never struck a tree with a wooden baseball bat...

As for the uber-high EM frequency of light....Fine. Just use it to modulate or as a carrier for the other stimuli....

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

It would be hard to say if a tooth has much of a resonance as quite a bit of it is damped by the gum/jaw.

Your bat is long and thin - nice aspect ratio - and elastic, so it has a relatively high Q. When you strike an object with it, it will induce a mechanical resonance along the length of the bat. That will be damped by your hand, into which the bat will transfer its energy. Doing so, it will form a loosely coupled system with your arm, shaking your arm as well, how well it does this depends on where you hold the bat (choking up is actually changing the bat's impedance and resonance), and how tightly, and how tight your muscles are.

This is also true for, say, shooting a firearm. If you watch this as recorded by a high speed camera, there are all sorts of mechanical resonances going on - the barrel will whip up and down at the barrel's natural rate, you and the rifle will oscillate at the rate formed by your arm and the rifle stock, a shock wave will travel down your body in the skin and sometimes back up again with enough force to see.

link   
reply to post by Bedlam

It used to be. I might have a glass of wine or a beer nowadays. I pretty much quit drinking years ago. Well, except when i have a cold. I drink moonshine to knock it out.

link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Am curious.

They're in the lockup at work. I am 2400 miles away, sad to say.

Are you familiar with electroanesthesia/electrosleep? It is a very interesting field, and right up ATS's alley. I never really considered a thread on it until now. Partly because I'm on the wrong side of the story, from most ATSers point of view. Partly also because it was classified past the phase I paper we did on it. So I'm in the odd position of not actually being NDAd to the covert side while knowing what it's about anyway, but in such cases it's been pointed out to me that I should have known not to connect dots for people, their exact phrase last time I got in trouble for doing so.

Thanks. I may look it up and do some homework on my own. Totally understand your predicament, though.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Your bat is long and thin - nice aspect ratio - and elastic, so it has a relatively high Q. When you strike an object with it, it will induce a mechanical resonance along the length of the bat. That will be damped by your hand, into which the bat will transfer its energy. Doing so, it will form a loosely coupled system with your arm, shaking your arm as well, how well it does this depends on where you hold the bat (choking up is actually changing the bat's impedance and resonance), and how tightly, and how tight your muscles are.

This is also true for, say, shooting a firearm. If you watch this as recorded by a high speed camera, there are all sorts of mechanical resonances going on - the barrel will whip up and down at the barrel's natural rate, you and the rifle will oscillate at the rate formed by your arm and the rifle stock, a shock wave will travel down your body in the skin and sometimes back up again with enough force to see.

Never chopped a tree with an axe I guess? The dead ones make a lot more noise and the taller the tree the different the sound. It's not only in the bat.

I used my cordless circuit tester on the trees. I put a signal into a trunk with a copper rod. I was able to pick up the signal on all trees within about a twenty foot radius. Not only would the energy of the axe blow be in that tree but it would also resonate to the other trees around it.

Teeth do accentuate the frequency of sound, the jaw doesn't dampen them much.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Never chopped a tree with an axe I guess? The dead ones make a lot more noise and the taller the tree the different the sound. It's not only in the bat.

I used my cordless circuit tester on the trees. I put a signal into a trunk with a copper rod. I was able to pick up the signal on all trees within about a twenty foot radius. Not only would the energy of the axe blow be in that tree but it would also resonate to the other trees around it.

Teeth do accentuate the frequency of sound, the jaw doesn't dampen them much.

Yeah...Bedlam is no fun....he (or she) just wants to stand up on his science books and talk down to us. But the only knowledge he posssess comes from those books...
Where is the fun in that?

I memorized all of the Dr. Suess books but you won't find me in the kitchen with a laying hen, a slaughtered pig and some food coloring...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Thanks. I may look it up and do some homework on my own. Totally understand your predicament, though.

Well, for part of it, it's a mis-usable tech which likely was, considering.

See the added edit to the post you replied to, there's a bit more info in there.

And since I basically don't want searchable comments on the punchline, a U2U to you. Sorry all. Stay tuned for the thread once I get the data back together, maybe I can find a way to say it that doesn't spawn anything machine recognizable.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Many. Again, a tree is long and thin (usually). You can get a mechanical resonance out of one. Although the leaves on live ones damp it severely.

But they don't have high voltage on them. You see a few hundred millivolts between the ground and about head height on a live tree when the sap's up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join