It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Purchases 21.6 million more rounds of ammunition..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
www.infowars.com...

The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase a further 21.6 million rounds of ammunition to add to the 1.6 billion bullets it has already obtained over the course of the last 10 months alone, figures which have stoked concerns that the federal agency is preparing for civil unrest.

The federal agency’s primary concern is now centered around thwarting “homegrown terrorism,” but information produced and used by the DHS to train its personnel routinely equates conservative political ideology with domestic extremism.

A study funded by the Department of Homeland Security that was leaked last year characterizes Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.

This is pretty disturbing if true. Something is a brewing!

Please delete if it's been posted.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Every search I do comes back to infowars, sure would like to find a credible source to back this up. Anyone else heard about this?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

The Source is this here:

Fed Bids

Buyer : DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
End Date : 02/11/2013

End Time : 17:00 ET
Delivery Days : 30 Day(s) - Required (No. of calendar days after receipt of order (ARO) by which Buyer requires Seller to deliver)
Line Item(s)
Item No . Description Qty Unit

001 Commercial Leaded Training Ammo (CLTA) Pistol Cartridge .40 caliber 165 Grain, jacketed Hollow point(Jhp) p/n P40HSTS3G OR EQUAL. BRASS CASING 100,000 ROUNDS PRICE PER 1000 ROUNDS WILL INCLUDE DELIVERY. 100 MX

002 Commercial Leaded Training Ammo (CLTA) 9MM 115 GRAIN JACKETED HOLLOW POINT P/N 9BP-115 GRAIN JHP OR EQUAL BRASS CASING 100,000 ROUNDS PRICE PER 1000 ROUNDS WILL INCLUDE DELIVERY. 100 MX

003 Commercial Leaded Training Ammo (CLTA) PISTOL CARTIDGE 9MM BALL 124 GRAIN P/N AE9AP OR EQUAL BRASS CASING 40,000 ROUNDS PRICE PER 1000 ROUNDS WILL INCLUDE DELIVEY 40 MX

So I am seeing
10 million from item 1 - .40 165 grain
10 million from item 2 - 9mm 115 grain
1.6 million from item 3 - 9mm Ball 124 grain
edit on 2/7/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Even though this comes from infowars it has my conspiratorial gears clicking. Seems like I've read several times recently about police forces not having enough ammo due to supposed shortages, yet at the same time we have the DHS stocking up on outlandish amounts of ammunition in recent months. Seeing as how many police departments and sheriff's departments have publicly stated that they will defend the constitutional rights of their citizens first and foremost if push were to come to shove it makes me wonder about ulterior motives. Maybe it is just paranoia but somehow I think this may be connected. Is the DHS trying to limit the defensive capabilities of local law enforcement? Possibly.

edit on 7-2-2013 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Thank you!

Scary times ahead.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
hollow point ammo for training? really?.....that isn't plinking ammo, that's anti-personnel ammo. it is undeniable that the government is preparing for civil unrest.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Here is a PDF the department of homeland security linked that shows the actual requirements..

DHS order PDF

This is showing the same info, but in it's actual paper format.

What we are looking at is the paper work that is a request of a bid for the contract of 21.6 million rounds not bulk packaged, but in separate ammo boxes. Someone had to make a bid for the full contract not a part before february 12 at 12:00 Noon... I don't know if the bid was taken up, but I'd say it probably was..

They have 30 days from that date to deliver the goods before 3PM the last day..

So by March 11th the New Mexico training center will have the Ammo. I wonder if that many rounds would stay in one spot though?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
hollow point ammo for training? really?.....that isn't plinking ammo, that's anti-personnel ammo. it is undeniable that the government is preparing for civil unrest.

I have a close friend in LE who said every department he’s ever been with trains (range shooting) with the same ammo they carry, so yes they may very well be target shooting with 40S&W hollow points.

This doesn’t detract from the scary fact that government agencies are stockpiling LARGE quantities of ammo. The most alarming report I’ve seen lately was the order placed by the Social Security Administration – what in the hell do they need ammo for?

Something is brewing…

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

This doesn’t detract from the scary fact that government agencies are stockpiling LARGE quantities of ammo. The most alarming report I’ve seen lately was the order placed by the Social Security Administration – what in the hell do they need ammo for?

Something is brewing…

I would imagine they would have in place a way to say that all federal agencies are under direct control of something like DHS, and that it's sort of like a ready to go "militia" "private Army" thing... The government will use everything they've got.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If they are worried about a Civil unrest, I would think that they would be buying many different calibers besides just for Handguns. I kind of believe that this is just training ammo. So if there is 10,000 people training, and they each shoot around 500 rounds for training, that works out to 5,000,000 rounds. So its not that far fetched, but I still dont like anyone having this much ammo in reserve.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
And meanwhile, I can't find ammo or if I do, the stores are now limiting purchases to TWO boxes only.....
So if I can't get enough ammo to even go to the range, I would say something is definitely in the works.

Scary times we live in indeed. I think people need to stop all the crap talk of civil war!! Its a fuel we do not need!
edit on 7-2-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm starting to think that all of these huge ammo orders may be some type of backdoor way to disarm the American people.

Who hasn't noticed how hard it is to find ammo in the stores and online lately? You would think that the bullet manufacturers would bump up production to keep up with demand because they've got to be making big money off of this market. Maybe the reason no ammo seems to be reaching the store shelves is because the government keeps buying up such huge lots of ammo, there's nothing left for the private buyers.

If they can't confiscate or tax away our second amendment rights, they may be trying to take away our ammo by overwhelming ammo suppliers to the point that they cannot supply ammo to private sellers.

A lot of good all those guns do when you've got nothing to shoot out of them.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
If they are worried about a Civil unrest, I would think that they would be buying many different calibers besides just for Handguns. I kind of believe that this is just training ammo. So if there is 10,000 people training, and they each shoot around 500 rounds for training, that works out to 5,000,000 rounds. So its not that far fetched, but I still dont like anyone having this much ammo in reserve.

If it was just the 21.6 million rounds I might agree.. This is just the latest DHS contract bid..

I don't know if the infowars 1.6 billion number is correct, I must have missed the last few orders if it is.. I was up to about 500,000,000 rounds by my count in not so much time..

the 21.6 million rounds are going to ONE training center.

From the OP Article

An approximation of how many rounds of ammunition the DHS has now secured over the last 10 months stands at around 1.625 billion. In March 2012, ATK announced that they had agreed to provide the DHS with a maximum of 450 million bullets over four years, a story that prompted questions about why the feds were buying ammunition in such large quantities.

To put that in perspective, during the height of active battle operations in Iraq, US soldiers used 5.5 million rounds of ammunition a month. Extrapolating the figures, the DHS has purchased enough bullets over the last 10 months to wage a full scale war for almost 30 years.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
dang government keeps buying up the ammo and i cant find a single round.

I think there buying up the supply so main street cant get any.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

I have a close friend in LE who said every department he’s ever been with trains (range shooting) with the same ammo they carry, so yes they may very well be target shooting with 40S&W hollow points.

Something is brewing…

what a waste. personally i think the .40 S&W is a waste, but practicing with hollow point ammo is...err..pointless =P

even so, i am also worried about this stockpile of ammo and the "we can have it, but you can't" mentality. very dangerous.

dang government keeps buying up the ammo and i cant find a single round. I think there buying up the supply so main street cant get any.

i would also agree with this, and they're using our money to do it! i went to home depot the other day trying to find some fittings because i like to tinker, and i noticed a distinct lack of end caps. luckily i wasn't there for end caps, but they were very few and well hidden.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

I'm starting to think that all of these huge ammo orders may be some type of backdoor way to disarm the American people.

Who hasn't noticed how hard it is to find ammo in the stores and online lately? You would think that the bullet manufacturers would bump up production to keep up with demand because they've got to be making big money off of this market. Maybe the reason no ammo seems to be reaching the store shelves is because the government keeps buying up such huge lots of ammo, there's nothing left for the private buyers.

If they can't confiscate or tax away our second amendment rights, they may be trying to take away our ammo by overwhelming ammo suppliers to the point that they cannot supply ammo to private sellers.

A lot of good all those guns do when you've got nothing to shoot out of them.

I think that this is exactly it...I forsee a big increase in Govt. funded, gun "buy-back" programs, in our near future, and many will succumb to them, simply because they can get a few bucks for an oversized paper weight!

Notice how all of the ammo that is in short supply, are the same calibers used in common high capacity weapons?

And, why is DHS buying up so many handgun calibers? Are they planning on hiring that many more armed federal agents? Or, is it just a game of market supply reduction, as a means to an end?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Who is DHS planning on going to war against?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I was thinking that they are buying it all up so there will be less on the shelves for civilians. It does make you wonder if they know about some invasion in the future where it is going to be needed, but really it could be like I said just to rid the store shelves against civilian purchases and drive the price of ammo sky high.

As far as a conspiracy there are so many scary scenarios this could add up to.

Do not let fear run your life.
edit on 7-2-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
One more point of interest is that I bought my son a bow at Christmas and we are unable to buy practice arrows for it.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

The only thing I'm scared of is snakes.(the slithering type, not lawyers) I have, I mean my neighbor has, lots of ammo stockpiled. So I think we're covered! I have a bunch of arrows too!
edit on 7-2-2013 by KawRider9 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join